00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is there some type of online piano?

920 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Recently I bought an M-Audio Keystation 49es keyboard, not realizing it was a MIDI controller. I looked at it thinking it was just a plug into the wall type keyboard I would just be able to play but nope, I need a MIDI program like Ableton which the keyboard recommended I use. But that's not my expertise, I'm clearly more of a dabbler and I prefer to simply practice the instrument; I wasn't looking to mix tracks on a system I've never used before, but if I can still use this keyboard in the way I intended, like if there is some website out there or program I can download that's simply for playing the instrument and not generating digital tracks, what is it? Does such a site/program exist? If so, what is it? I'm hoping someone here knows. The closest thing I found so far is this but it seems to be quite delayed (which kinda defeats the purpose of a website intended for training and teaching).

tl;dr Bought a midi controller keyboard instead of electric piano, would like to still use it as one and need to find a site or program that would serve this purpose pls help thnx.

Response to Is there some type of online piano? 2017-09-14 03:49:15

This is very basic but you can also invite friends..

http://www.multiplayerpiano.com/

At 9/14/17 03:49 AM, Joey4Track wrote: This is very basic but you can also invite friends..

http://www.multiplayerpiano.com/

This is as close as it's going to get. There's a big downside to that site, though, and that's the input lag you get when using it. It performs best when using Chrome, but even then, it's obvious there's a delay between what you're playing and the actual output.

@jakenator85, my suggestion would be to either return the keyboard and buy one that fits your needs (research is key here), or be prepared to hook it up to a Digital Audio Workstation (cheaper) or a physical sound module (expensive, and you'll also need separate speakers to actually hear anything).

Edit:
In your case, getting a cheap Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) and installing a virtual ASIO driver (e.g., ASIO4ALL) will most likely yield the best results. There are some free DAW's out there, but I personally have no experience with them. Still, for your purposes, it'll probably be enough.