00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shmh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why can't I block people ?

423 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why can't I block people ? 2017-09-04 06:49:34

When I block a person their submissions and everything related to them should vanish from my sight
Why is this isn't a thing ?

Response to Why can't I block people ? 2017-09-04 08:12:28

At 9/4/17 06:49 AM, GeneralEcchi wrote: When I block a person their submissions and everything related to them should vanish from my sight
Why is this isn't a thing ?

No, when you block people, they are merely unable to contact you in any way.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

At 9/4/17 08:12 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: No, when you block people, they are merely unable to contact you in any way.

Well this isn't true, if you block someone on the forums it (by default) hides their posts and threads, and stops them showing up in your feeds. Right now there's no way to hide someone's submissions from the Portals though and I can't imagine it's a priority, but maybe we'll have that function someday.

To the OP I must ask, is it really that much of a problem to see submissions from this person? You don't have to click on them after all. The block function is intended for cases where someone is bothering you personally rather than to just filter out content you don't like (though granted that could be helpful as well).

Response to Why can't I block people ? 2017-09-06 15:11:28

To the OP I must ask, is it really that much of a problem to see submissions from this person? You don't have to click on them after all. The block function is intended for cases where someone is bothering you personally rather than to just filter out content you don't like (though granted that could be helpful as well).

Guess I'll just have to deal with it :/