00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

animate cc is confusing

645 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

animate cc is confusing 2017-09-03 18:40:51

I don't really know what to use anymore!!! the brush has nice features of that allow more ease tilt and pressure sensitivity! the paint brush tool allow you to get better control over the brush of the lines!

Response to animate cc is confusing 2017-09-22 00:40:03

At 9/3/17 06:40 PM, cuteboy99 wrote: I don't really know what to use anymore!!! the brush has nice features of that allow more ease tilt and pressure sensitivity! the paint brush tool allow you to get better control over the brush of the lines!

I've become quite acclimated to it now. What do you want to know?

Response to animate cc is confusing 2017-09-22 01:19:42 (edited 2017-09-22 01:21:38)

At 9/22/17 12:40 AM, Perrys-Hotter wrote:
At 9/3/17 06:40 PM, cuteboy99 wrote: I don't really know what to use anymore!!! the brush has nice features of that allow more ease tilt and pressure sensitivity! the paint brush tool allow you to get better control over the brush of the lines!

Sorry, I already made my decision and decided to use both at some point, I know using paint brush tool is risky because of how awful they act up in crashing your project but the brush is only useful fo things that need flixiblity such as the dots becausing a dot with paint brush is death sentence because it can slow your project and crash it when project decide to save sometime while using it this way then again it could be how large is your project the more frames the more animate cc decide to troll you with unexpected crashes and slow save so using brush instead can save you too much worrying about that stuff but I am lazy and I don't to worry about lines are not thick enough and I have to draw it again!!

Response to animate cc is confusing 2017-09-22 01:27:48

At 9/22/17 01:19 AM, cuteboy99 wrote:
Sorry, I already made my decision and decided to use both at some point, I know using paint brush tool is risky because of how awful they act up in crashing your project but the brush is only useful fo things that need flixiblity such as the dots becausing a dot with paint brush is death sentence because it can slow your project and crash it when project decide to save sometime while using it this way then again it could be how large is your project the more frames the more animate cc decide to troll you with unexpected crashes and slow save so using brush instead can save you too much worrying about that stuff but I am lazy and I don't to worry about lines are not thick enough and I have to draw it again!!

I either use the brush tool with pressure sensitivity on or the pencil tool and I do fine.. I never use the paint brush tool. I don't really know what the point of it is. If you have a problem with it crashing I recommend a program called cleaner for memory. I use a Mac so if you have a PC I don't know if its available on it or not but it works great for freeing up memory on my mac so I don't get the rainbow of death.

Response to animate cc is confusing 2017-09-22 01:37:27

At 9/22/17 01:27 AM, Perrys-Hotter wrote:
At 9/22/17 01:19 AM, cuteboy99 wrote:
I either use the brush tool with pressure sensitivity on or the pencil tool and I do fine.. I never use the paint brush tool. I don't really know what the point of it is. If you have a problem with it crashing I recommend a program called cleaner for memory. I use a Mac so if you have a PC I don't know if its available on it or not but it works great for freeing up memory on my mac so I don't get the rainbow of death.

I only use it because of the shortcut key they used and no I am using pc, mac is too expensive for me I am already used to pc I don't want to work on weird plateform with weird shortcuts I don't remeber, when it crash I just divide my project into parts it is easier to manage,save and focus on one thing! Because at the end of the day there is video editing program that will help collect everything back together and I adjust however I like!

Response to animate cc is confusing 2017-09-30 15:06:40

The fact that the brush maintains its size in spite of zoom level was what sold me on it immediately. Same with the feature to change selected line strokes to brush fill with the press of one button.

Not sure I'm such a fan of the blue/green onion skinning though - that is confusing.

I like aliens and robots too much.

Response to animate cc is confusing 2017-10-01 01:28:04

At 9/30/17 03:06 PM, EVanimations wrote: The fact that the brush maintains its size in spite of zoom level was what sold me on it immediately. Same with the feature to change selected line strokes to brush fill with the press of one button.

Not sure I'm such a fan of the blue/green onion skinning though - that is confusing.

Huh, I was sold on the blue-green onion skinning as it made it easier than previous editions onion skins which were just different shades of grey so you just couldn't tell what came before or after.

"In matters of taste there can be no disputes."

BBS Signature

Response to animate cc is confusing 2017-10-30 07:07:08

Might I suggest getting Lazy Nezumi? It works for Photoshop, Animate, even older Flash versions (Afaik). I use it on things like Animate all the time.

It helps you smooth out your lines, which can be really helpful in Animate since the brush can be a liiiitle wonky from time to time. You can try it for free here: https://lazynezumi.com/

And with my unsteady drawing hands it would make drawing smoothly a breeze. We use it for all our animations too.

BBS Signature