00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EggSmash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Destiny 2 2017-09-03 03:52:17

Anyone looking forward to this?

As someone who never played the first Destiny, I'm intrigued by this but a little confused as to what exactly it is. I see people making comparisons with Diablo (loot grinding), WoW (dungeons/raids) and Borderlands (gameplay). How accurate are those comparisons?

I'd be playing on PC if I were to get it, so still have over a month at this point until it's released, although console players are getting it in the next few days. I'll check out the console reviews when they start appearing, but interested to hear what any of you lot think.

Was the previous game fun? Do you think Destiny 2 will be any good?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-03 05:22:49

Looking real forward to the PC release, I played the beta last week and it was a real blast, especially with friends, I love the floaty feeling fo the gravity and how much mobility that provides, especially with the double jump. I played a little bit of the original game, but honestly having a PC just spoils me and I can hardly ever bring myself to turn on my PS4, even for titles that I've waited a decade for barely motivate me (Looking at you The Last Guardian), I should just sell it.

I really like the idea of doing Raids and getting good loot, I have a lot of friends who play MMORPGs but the gameplay loop for those just does absolutely nothing for me, never felt to me that anything I did had any "weight" behind it, everything kind of feels bland and fake. At least in Destiny I feel like I've got a more immersive experience, as I can take cover, get on a flank, actually aiming at enemies instead of just clicking on them.

Sucks that the PC release is still 2 months away, maybe it'll get pushed forward but I doubt it, on the plus side at least I know it runs really well, and I can judge from console reviews whether it offers a good amount of content.

I am concerned that the game will have the same flaws that the first did; lack of content and lacklustre story, on top of that I remember the very misleading "10 year plan", wherein it was said in vague terms that "Destiny" would be a 10 year project, on top of that the promise of it being MMO-Like lead me to believe that Destiny would be regularly updated for 10 years (whereas it looks like a 10 year plan is a plan for the franchise and will conclude with Destiny 4), but instead we just got a couple of expansions and now Destiny 2. The whole debacle left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, but having only played a few hours of Destiny 1 anyway, I don't have a huge amount to complain about.

I'm looking forward to Destiny 2 and I hope it does well, I have there';s enough content at launch to keep me satisfied for some time

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-03 05:59:55

At 9/3/17 05:22 AM, iMini wrote: "Destiny" would be a 10 year project, on top of that the promise of it being MMO-Like lead me to believe that Destiny would be regularly updated for 10 years

I didn't realise that was Destiny, but I do remember all that talk and thinking it sounded like a really cool game back then.

Recently I've been playing Diablo 3 from time to time, so when I heard this had the loot grinding aspect mixed with FPS and raids it got me a little hyped. These days I tend to favour games I can play in short bursts that will last me a while, and this seems like a game that will fall into that category.

Also, pro-tip if you're putting down a pre-order, I managed to get it for £35 on Amazon. I think it was £41.99, but Prime members get £2 off and if you use this code a checkout, you get £5 off on game purchases over £35: VG5OFF35 which is pretty good compared with the pre-purchase price on Battle.Net of £45. Not sure how long that code is valid for, but worked for me last night.

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-03 07:09:28 (edited 2017-09-03 07:09:44)

i played the open beta and didn't like it that much (it was not good, but not too bad)
Now i'm waiting if the Story in this game is good

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-03 07:53:28

At 9/3/17 07:20 AM, Sekhem wrote: lol

hahahahahahaha

afahfahahahaha

lmao

0% chance of this bullshit having even close to a good story

did you play the first one

Yipp i played it and i don't want to start how **** (good :p) it is, but i hope?

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-03 20:46:18 (edited 2017-09-03 20:48:30)

Borderlands is probably the closest comparison, but in my opinion the only thing Borderlands has on Destiny is a better story and more personality. Destiny's melodramatic space opera was poorly told and loaded with unexplained plot points and loads of factions and aliens that the game makes a big kerfuffle over, but it gives you little reason to care. I put in at least 60 hours going through the main game and all the expansions and I can't tell you if "the coming darkness" is an actual consuming darkness that will destroy the universe or a metaphor for the fact that there are a bunch of alien races who are dicks to you. I will say that I had a lot of fun riffing on Destiny's terrible story with my friends.

Destiny's shooting also feels a lot better. Gunplay is satisfying and it makes it feel good to fight the often bullet-spongy enemies. Movement is also pretty good in Destiny, every character has a slightly different jump boost mechanic which gives you a chance to give yourself a bit of an edge finding good ground to fight from and fleeing from battle when you're getting swamped. Mechanically the enemies are more fun to fight and bosses generally have better mechanics where the only really interesting Boderlands bosses were the endgame raid bosses. Destiny is also more fun to play solo if you have to (although I'd still recommend having a dedicated group. The Borderlands characters have kits that are more tuned to working together where Destiny characters are more self-sufficient.

There's kind of an MMO thing going on in Destiny, but on a small scale. Towns will load in with thirty or so people running around and each zone is like a big hub with occasional events that anyone around can participate in. The story missions will split off into separate instances from those hubs and can only be played with your party. The base game didn't give you much interesting to do in the overworld hubs, but the expansions improved on that so hopefully they've continued to make those more interesting. The multiplayer PVP modes are also solid if you want something to mix up the loot grind rathewr than running story missions over and over.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-05 03:12:29

I must of spent around 200+ hours on the first one and I loved it. However, I'm not sure I can be bothered to do it again.

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-05 12:17:46

At 9/3/17 03:52 AM, Dean wrote: Anyone looking forward to this?

As someone who never played the first Destiny, I'm intrigued by this but a little confused as to what exactly it is. I see people making comparisons with Diablo (loot grinding), WoW (dungeons/raids) and Borderlands (gameplay). How accurate are those comparisons?

I'd be playing on PC if I were to get it, so still have over a month at this point until it's released, although console players are getting it in the next few days. I'll check out the console reviews when they start appearing, but interested to hear what any of you lot think.

Was the previous game fun? Do you think Destiny 2 will be any good?

Hm, actually I don't care. I've watched some lets play videos for Destiny 1 and ... well... the game doesn't reinvent the wheel. It's pretty solid, but nothing special.

Word Game Enthusiast | Words with Friends Gosu | Scrabble Sympathizer

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-05 12:21:00 (edited 2017-09-05 12:21:13)

Probably gonna wait and see the reviews for the game first, before i decide to get it or not.

Been around since 2004. (as a lurker that is!)

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-08 16:03:38

i bought Destiny once all the DLC was released and played through it. grinded for a bit in post game, then lost interest. i suppose the main draw of the game is playing with friends, and i don't have those, so i was left with very standard shooting mechanics and a weak, weak loot system. the comparison to Diablo's loot system is a slap in Diablo's face. if there were randomized mods on gear that actually made a strong difference on on the gear like in Diablo, i would have been hooked on Destiny forever.

i don't want to get into the mind-numbing repetition of grinding and simplistic shooting mechanics again.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-08 17:56:34

I also haven't played the first one, but since this one is coming out on PC I went ahead and preordered. I guess we'll see! I'm avoiding any hype so hopefully I can get the "raw" experience of the game.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-10 08:41:58

Any of you console people had a chance to try it out yet? Thoughts?

Still kind of interested in this, especially now that 2 of my friends have said they're getting it as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-09-15 21:52:36 (edited 2017-09-15 21:56:02)

Looking forward for the PC version here as well.

For those who are curious, as seen in the image attached below (screencapped from Battle.net support page), Destiny 2 PC's system requirements are surprisingly affordable from what I've expected. They are not as steep as i thought it would be.

People with gaming PCs at minimum run with I5 processors so for those who have such and whatever parts you have, you are good to go. If you have an actually good rig, you should have no issues running the game.

And it should help, since given the nature of Destiny 2, its going to be a game with foreseeable changes over time such as new content (which means new assets, changes in graphics and visuals, etc etc) so one is lucky to have a pretty sweet PC.

Destiny 2

Response to Destiny 2 2017-10-02 06:13:45 (edited 2017-10-02 06:14:37)

At 9/15/17 09:52 PM, DarkNegima wrote: Looking forward for the PC version here as well.

For those who are curious, as seen in the image attached below (screencapped from Battle.net support page), Destiny 2 PC's system requirements are surprisingly affordable from what I've expected. They are not as steep as i thought it would be.

People with gaming PCs at minimum run with I5 processors so for those who have such and whatever parts you have, you are good to go. If you have an actually good rig, you should have no issues running the game.

And it should help, since given the nature of Destiny 2, its going to be a game with foreseeable changes over time such as new content (which means new assets, changes in graphics and visuals, etc etc) so one is lucky to have a pretty sweet PC.

Well the game is great and here have you got a nice deal: https://gamesrepublic.com/battle-net/destiny-2-pc-digital-cd-key

Response to Destiny 2 2017-10-09 18:38:01

I put well over 3500 hours into Destiny 1, and I've been playing occasionally on my brother's Xbox One copy of Destiny 2. There are things to love and things that need to worked on, but Bungie has shown in the past that they listen to their players and can get shit done. I will be playing the PC later this month when it comes out and I can't wait to pour another few thousand hours into this game.

I have a Destiny 2 clan going for PC only if anyone's interested: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2595003

Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/BRtRfTt

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-10-10 01:27:35

after reading and watching some very in depth reviews, i've come to the conclusion that Destiny 2 is a carbon copy of Destiny 1, complete with an extremely shitty story that makes no sense and answers no questions. all the same enemies are back with no new ones, which is frankly absurd for a sequel to do. there's two new gun types, a grenade launcher and a submachine gun. way to think outside the box, Bungie.

there's also microtransactions. fuuuuuuuck you, Activision! oh, and don't forget the Expansion Pass, where you fork over $35 for content that you could end up hating. too late, dumbass! are consumers really so thick-skulled that they continue support this pre-order, deluxe edition gaming culture?

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Destiny 2 2017-10-23 04:41:34

I'm not even that far on the first one, haha. It seems pretty good, though. I'm sure the second one will be good, too.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature