00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game testers needed

592 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Game testers needed 2017-07-31 02:30:30

Hello. I have been working hard on this game for a while and I do like it better than my previous games. However, I still would like suggestions on how I can improve the game:
Link to the game:
http://garylu1999.deviantart.com/art/Color-Labyrinth-Beta-1-695404697
(I was unable to upload it on Dumping Grounds since whenever I try to, I get "XHR returned response code 0")
I would like to see what you think about the graphics, gameplay and sound. If you have any suggestions or complaints, you can comment down below.

Response to Game testers needed 2017-07-31 11:28:33

At 7/31/17 02:30 AM, garylu1999 wrote: Hello. I have been working hard on this game for a while and I do like it better than my previous games. However, I still would like suggestions on how I can improve the game:
Link to the game:
http://garylu1999.deviantart.com/art/Color-Labyrinth-Beta-1-695404697
(I was unable to upload it on Dumping Grounds since whenever I try to, I get "XHR returned response code 0")
I would like to see what you think about the graphics, gameplay and sound. If you have any suggestions or complaints, you can comment down below.

This game is neat; there are countless others like it but I feel this is the best one. The music is quite good, but the levels were quite hard.

BBS Signature

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-01 09:19:15

This game is neat; there are countless others like it but I feel this is the best one. The music is quite good, but the levels were quite hard.

Thanks! Do you have any ways I can improve it?

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-02 15:25:28

At 8/1/17 09:19 AM, garylu1999 wrote:
Thanks! Do you have any ways I can improve it?

Hi, sorry for the late reply; I like the anti-cheating stuff. You probably want to make it a little easier, or give the player abilities to beat the maps, but these are all lames ideas and I feel they take away from the genre of game youre making.
Im not really familiar with mouse maze games, you could probably make the artwork for the mazes a little more complex?
I dont know

BBS Signature

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-02 19:59:07

At 8/2/17 05:41 PM, KekEcho wrote: It's a neat game. You didn't create something super new, but this is a lot better than a lot of games like this.
I reccomend you work on the colors. They don't clash very well.

So, what kind of color patterns do you think would be a good combination? You can reference parts of the game if it helps you explain better.

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-02 21:03:59

Although this kind of game isn't particularly new or anything yours is pretty neat. I couldn't get past level 3 or 4 but that's okay bc it made me want to keep trying. I like that it has the anti-cheating thing but it's quite hard to play on a laptop/without a mouse. The music that went along with it was nice too; since it wasn't super upbeat or techno I didn't feel anxious about hurrying up to finish the levels. Pretty nice :)

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-02 21:23:44

Oh, and another thing: I just programmed the game to save automatically if you beat a level, or at least tried to. Can someone tell me whether it works or not?

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-02 23:28:26 (edited 2017-08-02 23:29:22)

Things I liked about the game
-Better than most games like this
-Cool puzzle ideas

Thing to improve on
-What kekEcho said

Suggestions
-Alternatre paths in levels that lead to Collectables and if you get them all you'll get bonus stages?
-An in game cursor

Also the save system works

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-03 17:33:00

Alright, so a couple of you suggested that I work on the color scheme. Can someone please explain what kind of color scheme you would find good?

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-04 17:56:19

I will try to modify the color scheme for some of the levels. I will update it and ask you what you think about it once I finish that.
Also, Somekiddo gave me an idea of giving alternate paths that lead to special stages. I like that idea. I am also planning to allow the player to skip the current row of levels he is on if the special stage is successfully completed. However, it is questionable whether I will add that or not since most levels already covered almost the whole screen and it could involve some tedious modifying of stages and lots of extra coding.

Response to Game testers needed 2017-08-04 22:30:07

I just made the color scheme in the first few levels more consistent. Before I continue to the rest of the levels, I need to know whether or not this is what you are asking for. If not, please let me know how to change it.
http://garylu1999.deviantart.com/art/Color-Labyrinth-Beta-695404697

Response to Game testers needed 2017-09-10 00:29:14

At 9/5/17 11:52 PM, Ongokiller50 wrote: GREAT GAME. However I do believe some levels need to be cut into more easier levels. For example level 4. Instead of just throwing all in the face the new idea of a box moving and i have to stay in it and then go the next. It should be slowly introduced with split levels.
Also I like the fact on some level I can see the level before I hit start. That should be for all levels. It gives a chance for a player to plan ahead and not get hit while figuring out what to do.

Thanks. Here is my new plan: I am going to add six more new levels near the beginning of the game and put them between levels in which difficulty has significantly increased or if the game is rushing the player in terms of learning new information. For example, if there is a big difference between the difficulty of levels 3 and 4, I will put a level between them that is harder than level 3 but easier than level 4. I would like to know your suggestions.