00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Free Platformer (help)

254 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Free Platformer (help) 2017-04-19 16:28:48

Is there any free website/tool that allows me to make platformer games, without needing to code?

you are reading this?

follow me then :)

Response to Free Platformer (help) 2017-04-20 03:27:18 (edited 2017-04-20 03:40:23)

At 4/19/17 04:28 PM, TakashiKumuro wrote: Is there any free website/tool that allows me to make platformer games, without needing to code?

Check out GameMaker, Construct 2 or Stencyl – whichever you think you'll like the most (some comparison). Then you can start with a tutorial (GM Platformer, C2 Platformer, S Platformer).
At some point, you might end up needing to write/copy a few lines of code if you need to do something advanced, but you won't need code for most of the basic stuff.

I have only tried GameMaker in the past, but when I look at its current free version, it's really just a lame trial limiting the size of your game and not even having an export option – and the licensing fees are a bit insane. Stencyl, judging by online reviews, might be more limited than the other two, so I guess you might want to try Construct first. :)

Response to Free Platformer (help) 2017-04-20 06:55:22

Thanks!

you are reading this?

follow me then :)