00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

adobe flash cs6 vs animate cc

1,652 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

adobe flash cs6 vs animate cc 2017-03-15 20:59:50

so a month ago i got the 30 day free trail of creative cloud. i only was able to open it once and the window never opened since. not entirely sure why it didn't want to work after that first time but my guess is the computer i was using wasn't powerful enough, i dont fuckin know (im not very tech savy) if you know, creative cloud comes with what seems like every single adobe anything ever made. luckily i made a shortcut to flash cs6 and i was able to study it and learn to animate on it. i didn't get a chance to check out any of the other shit creative cloud had to offer. but i was able to come out with 1 mediocre short cartoon.

welp my free trail is over and i want to keep learning. i built myself a powerful gaming pc strong enough to handle what im wanting to do. so i tried getting another 30 days with a different email, thing is NOW there is no adobe flash professional cs6 anymore. adobe says " naw man you're getting animate cc now bitch" i was like damn it! i just started getting used to flash. NOW I HAVE TO LEARN THIS OTHER SHIT?! but its no big deal i checked it out and its basically the same thing and i admite more convenient. only now i didn't get 30 day trail... I GOT A WEEK >:0 ....wtf

well i have 6 days left and im going to take advantage of it. so now, i understand that adobe works like a service you pay monthly. personally im not down with paying that shit, but i want to get your opinions on this. possibly get an alternative so i can keep using adobe... any advise??? i know most of you got adobe for days, help a brother out. please.

I know this is kind of old, and you might not even care anymore...
But in case you're still looking for some alternative, and since you built your own PC... I do have a suggestion. LINUX... Or more specifically, LinuxMint (It's the distro' I'm using now... And for beginners, it's pretty great :o)
I know, it's not the greatest development (oh yeah, learn a whole new OS???) But the download and software managers do most of the heavy lifting for you and there's a BY GOD SHIT TON of animation, graphics, development, and other useful software available. The LinuxMint distro' is going to be pretty much functional "out of the box" so you can get it in (even as a secondary OS) and once it's on your machine, you're ready to open the software manager, pick an animation suite and click and go... Most of them seem to export about anything for the open market (that's all codex-related anyways) and what they don't yet work well on, you can probably convert or rip... A little practical application (just screwing with the thing in terminal and learning the basics of operations) and you'll be able to download and run about anything you want.
Best of all, open source ware is not only free, but coders and developers all over the world are part of the support communities, so when someone's software comes with some hinky stuff, EVERYONE is going to find out about it fairly quick. When I first got on this one, (I've got 17th ed, or "Sarah") I opened up firefox and immediately had access to the LinuxMint-dot-com community complete with forums and emails I can send to for technical advice when I run into something I can't handle (not too often, but it happens... lolz)

OKAY <<<marker>>>>
I do have one other offering, but it might take some internet-investigative savvy. You can start with a google (or duck-duck-go or whoever) search for "free software archives"... It takes some hunting around and dowlnoads aren't always good... and sometimes the software is incomplete, mislabelled, full of foreign language trappings that are untranslatable, blah blah blah... But since the software package you seek is outdated, it's also likely obsolete. That means the company no longer supports it, but having moved on to other things, they don't pay much attention to those who still enthusiastically embrace the older stuff. I've been known to exploit that side of technology for my greatest advantage from time to time. So if you really don't like paying for services in software (and I don't either)... That's an avenue to think of. I'm not going to lie. It takes time and effort to finally find a freeware or obsolete-ware solution...

FINALLY, THERE ARE LINKS TO SOFTWARE FROM RIGHT HERE ON NG IF YOU LOOK UNDER THE LABEL "RESOURCES"...
Anyways, for you or others looking into this kind of issue, I hope these suggestions have helped. And I do check my PM's occasionally (a couple times a week most of the time) in case someone is really that interested in any of the above.
:o)

Response to adobe flash cs6 vs animate cc 2017-03-28 23:18:04

hell yea sweet man il definitely look into this i really do appreciate the help! thanks a million!

Response to adobe flash cs6 vs animate cc 2017-03-30 00:33:13

Always like to be of help... and (also in case you're interested) I'm kind of tweaking a somewhat less than gently used Bamboo pad with "Ink" and "Gimp" on linux... But I just recently picked up "Blender" as well (all of which are free)...
Looking forward to whatever you come up with... :o)