00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game Systems you Own?

53,938 Views | 1,018 Replies

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-20 16:03:47

At 7/17/22 05:28 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/16/22 02:17 PM, ItsDannoNG wrote:
At 11/23/16 02:48 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Which game systems do you own, or have owned before? You can count a PC.
PC
Dreamcast
PS2
Genesis
PSP (PSP-2001 and PSP-3001)
DS lite
and a PSone.

sure it aint much, but i'm happy with what i got.
@ItsDannoNG

You have a nice selection, but no Nintendo consoles? What's up with dat?

I Did mention that I own a DS. But i used to have a GameCube, 3DS, SNES, and N64. I did end up giving them to someone looking to start a collection, mainly since I was planning on switching to Sony n' Sega.

Currently now, I own a DS Lite and Switch Lite.

"My president is Chuck Heston. Here's your rebate ya damn dirty apes!" - Postal Dude (Rick Hunter), Postal 2

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-22 05:42:07

At 7/20/22 05:42 AM, Sedghi wrote: Currently, I own a PC and a PS4.
Prior to that, I simultaneously owned an Xbox 360, a PS3, and a PS2.

@Sedghi

You have never owned a Nintendo game system before?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-22 05:44:32

At 7/20/22 05:50 AM, AleF2050 wrote:
At 7/20/22 12:54 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/19/22 06:27 AM, AleF2050 wrote:
At 7/19/22 03:27 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/18/22 06:25 AM, AleF2050 wrote: PC
PlayStation 4
Nintendo 3DS
No Xbox game systems? Not a fan?

Was thinking of buying a Switch but can't stand the current situation right now.
Which current situation do you mean?

@AleF2050

I'm more of a PlayStation dude, but then when Microsoft ramped up with Game Pass i felt quite bad that this period i cannot bother buying a Xbox console. My brother was the first one who wanted to get a PlayStation console, altough where we live Xbox isn't pretty popular.
I understand, but it was a crazy time.

Today i felt a bit regretful that Sony worsened a bit, ever since they announced the new PlayStation Plus they took away some great games from Playstation Now. Also took away Tekken 7 from PS Now (downloadble) which i wanted to try out but never had the time.
Sony has made many people angry with those actions.

Are you going to stick with Microsoft from now on?

I would really love to move to Microsoft but i don't have enough money to get a Xbox Series S (not the X due to microchip crisis) in this period. Buying a new console is kind of harder ever since in the 2000s we got a PS4 Pro to replace my base PS4 and then managed to get a friend to buy us a PS5.

I know times have been tough, and some of the newer game systems can go for over three hundred dollars.

Rather than getting an Xbox i would try the Xbox Game Pass, but i have way too many games to finish on my PlayStation 4.

Which games are you looking towards finishing on your PS4?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-22 07:02:06

At 7/22/22 05:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
PlayStation 4
Nintendo 3DS

Was thinking of buying a Switch but can't stand the current situation right now.
@AleF2050

I'm more of a PlayStation dude, but then when Microsoft ramped up with Game Pass i felt quite bad that this period i cannot bother buying a Xbox console. My brother was the first one who wanted to get a PlayStation console, altough where we live Xbox isn't pretty popular.

Today i felt a bit regretful that Sony worsened a bit, ever since they announced the new PlayStation Plus they took away some great games from Playstation Now. Also took away Tekken 7 from PS Now (downloadble) which i wanted to try out but never had the time.

I would really love to move to Microsoft but i don't have enough money to get a Xbox Series S (not the X due to microchip crisis) in this period. Buying a new console is kind of harder ever since in the 2000s we got a PS4 Pro to replace my base PS4 and then managed to get a friend to buy us a PS5.
I know times have been tough, and some of the newer game systems can go for over three hundred dollars.

Rather than getting an Xbox i would try the Xbox Game Pass, but i have way too many games to finish on my PlayStation 4.

Back when i got my PS4 alongside my Playstation Plus subscription i had been redeeming many of the free games i get each month, and for the many first months of my console i did not start playing them until around late 2021 starting with Hollow Knight and Dark Souls. Most of the games i play are mostly blind.

When i had started with these games, i had beaten subsequently DS2 and then Dark Souls 3 for the second time. Afterwards i went to Elden Ring and then Resident Evil 1 (the remake that was originally released for the Gamecube).

Last time i was supposed to finish RE0 but as i got quite fed up playing the game on Normal mode i lost interest.

Basically, there's lots of games i want to try, almost everything. The best ones i'm looking forward to try are so many, but i'll mention the best ones:

• Yakuza series, starting with Yakuza 0.
  • Death Stranding. Got so damn excited to try it out with the new PS Plus subscription, but no one can stop me from trying it. The lack of Metal Gear Solid being gone from the stores left me VERY mad, but i've only played the first Metal Gear in my life.
  • Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection. This is the first AC i want to play. No Valhalla, Origins, any of the most modern titles that chews on too much on the same gameplay.
  • Stray. This game also got on the new PS Plus subscription after release. Not joking. I'll be thinking this game will be the first one i'll do after i will come back to play with my console. Luckily i've only saw a trailer of this game so most screenshots i've seen are completely out of context so i'll be able to go totally blind.

big titties, vargskelethor fan and retro vgm music lover in the dungeon.

Art Thread in Forum (doodles and everything else)

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-23 03:41:50

At 7/20/22 01:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/19/22 10:47 PM, BlueBoltXRD wrote:
At 7/18/22 04:28 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/17/22 05:57 PM, BlueBoltXRD wrote: Xbox 360, One, Series X, Playstation 2-4, Sega Genesis (Model 1), Nintendo Switch, Snes (mini), PS1 Classic (because I wanted to mod it), and PC.
Great variety of game systems.
Thanks, boss! :D
You are welcome.

Handhelds:

GBA, PS Vita, 3DS, and DSi.
Are you still trying to collect more of them?
I think I'm satisfied with the current handhelds for now. However, I'm down to buy a PSP one day, but that's if I actually decide to go through with it.
That could be a great purchase.

What would be your second choice, if you changed your mind?

I’m not really sure tbh, maybe a NEO-GEO?

At 11/23/16 02:48 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Which game systems do you own, or have owned before? You can count a PC.
@BlueBoltXRD

NOOOOOOOOOOOO SCOOOOOOOOOPPPPPEEEE!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-23 15:44:38

Wii

DS Lite

New 3DS XL

Switch Lite

So much lite stuff. And yeah, not an Xbox or PlayStation person, sadly. Don’t come after me.

I help you see things.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-25 05:37:14

At 7/20/22 04:03 PM, ItsDannoNG wrote:
At 7/17/22 05:28 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/16/22 02:17 PM, ItsDannoNG wrote:
PC
Dreamcast
PS2
Genesis
PSP (PSP-2001 and PSP-3001)
DS lite
and a PSone.

sure it aint much, but i'm happy with what i got.

@ItsDannoNG

You have a nice selection, but no Nintendo consoles? What's up with dat?
I Did mention that I own a DS. But i used to have a GameCube, 3DS, SNES, and N64. I did end up giving them to someone looking to start a collection, mainly since I was planning on switching to Sony n' Sega.

Currently now, I own a DS Lite and Switch Lite.

That is true. Just have to figure which game will be the next purchase.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-25 05:39:45

At 7/22/22 07:02 AM, AleF2050 wrote:
At 7/22/22 05:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
PlayStation 4
Nintendo 3DS

@AleF2050

Back when i got my PS4 alongside my Playstation Plus subscription i had been redeeming many of the free games i get each month, and for the many first months of my console i did not start playing them until around late 2021 starting with Hollow Knight and Dark Souls. Most of the games i play are mostly blind.
When i had started with these games, i had beaten subsequently DS2 and then Dark Souls 3 for the second time. Afterwards i went to Elden Ring and then Resident Evil 1 (the remake that was originally released for the Gamecube).
Last time i was supposed to finish RE0 but as i got quite fed up playing the game on Normal mode i lost interest.

Basically, there's lots of games i want to try, almost everything. The best ones i'm looking forward to try are so many, but i'll mention the best ones:

That is a great thing. I can tell that you are still enjoining video games by your list of games to get.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-07-30 10:49:31

Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC.

Yes I was a SEGA kid.

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-01 02:46:23

At 7/30/22 10:49 AM, oldschewl wrote: Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC.
Yes I was a SEGA kid.

@oldschewl

Why did you end up picking Sega over everything else?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-01 13:38:19

At 8/1/22 02:46 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Yes I was a SEGA kid.
@oldschewl

After owning both the SNES and Genesis I just gravitated towards SEGA.

Phantasy Star. Langriseer. Guardian Heroes. Virtua On. So forth and so on... were my JAM.

I am reminded I have somewhere a PS2. Not sure where.

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-02 11:24:32 (edited 2022-08-02 11:24:40)

GameBoy DMG

GameBoy Color (i have two of them)

GameBoy Advance

Nintendo DSi

Nintendo Wii

Nes clasic mini

Nokia 3310

Retroid Pocket 2+

iu_714539_9003096.gif

I love NewGrounds :)

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-02 21:41:08

Well...

Do own: Wii (Modded so I can relive the good ol' Check Mii Out Channel and that stuff.), PlayStation 2 (Slim), Xbox 360, Wii U (Modded.), Nintendo Switch, PC (Got two, one for VR and the other is a laptop I'm using right now.), DSi (Battery's dead.), 3DS (Battery's also dead), 3DS XL (Not dead, but the hinges got fucked hard.), New 3DS XL (It's modded as well.), Gameboy Advance SP (Battery's dead too and don't have a charger for it.).

Used to own: Nintendo DS. It broke.

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-05 06:23:16

At 8/1/22 01:38 PM, oldschewl wrote:
At 8/1/22 02:46 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Yes I was a SEGA kid.

@oldschewl

After owning both the SNES and Genesis I just gravitated towards SEGA.
Phantasy Star. Langriseer. Guardian Heroes. Virtua On. So forth and so on... were my JAM.

I am reminded I have somewhere a PS2. Not sure where.

Have you ever gone back and played all the games you missed when you were younger?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-05 06:24:40

At 8/2/22 11:24 AM, Maxfilm wrote: GameBoy DMG
GameBoy Advance
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo Wii
Nes clasic mini
Nokia 3310
Retroid Pocket 2+

@Maxfilm

I can see you are very pro Nintendo. Just curious, do you have something against Sony and Microsoft?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-05 07:23:56

At 8/5/22 06:23 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Have you ever gone back and played all the games you missed when you were younger?

I have them emulated and plan to but other games always get in the way, ha!

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-05 12:26:43

At 8/5/22 06:24 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 8/2/22 11:24 AM, Maxfilm wrote: GameBoy DMG
GameBoy Advance
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo Wii
Nes clasic mini
Nokia 3310
Retroid Pocket 2+
@Maxfilm

I can see you are very pro Nintendo. Just curious, do you have something against Sony and Microsoft?

These are just sistems that iI own, I mostly emulate games on my laptop or on Retroid Pocket 2+

I love playstation just as i love my gameboy, I love minecraft just as zelda games, I love parapa just as mario :)

I love NewGrounds :)

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-06 21:43:52

I currently own a 3DS, a PSP(currently not really though working), a Wii and a Nintendo switch

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-07 12:21:03

OH BOY

-windows xp computer from... way back

-old laptop that ran windows 7 or something

-current PC that runs win10

and now for consoles (i dont actually have that much LOL)

playstation 3

nintendo dsi

nintendo 2ds xl

yeah

i draw cool stuff

and i make cool games

go play dux td !!! quack !!! its fun

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-10 00:27:20

PSP, NIntendo switch, Sega Genesis, and a broken ps4 that heats up in 5 min when playing a game. even though i fucking cleaned and replaced its fan, cant wait to dispose.

everyday we slowly stray closer to our lifes end.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-10 11:39:45

• Gameboy Advance
  • Wii
  • Nintendo Dsi
  • Xbox 360
  • Wii U
  • New Nintendo 3DS XL
  • My PC
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Xbox Series S
  • Nintendk Switch OLED

Crazy? I was crazy once.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-11 06:25:59

At 8/10/22 12:27 AM, Dewdle wrote: PSP, NIntendo switch, Sega Genesis, and a broken ps4 that heats up in 5 min when playing a game. even though i fucking cleaned and replaced its fan, cant wait to dispose.

@Dewdle

It heats up in 5 mins? I have never heard of that before. When are you planning to get a new one?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-11 06:26:38

At 8/10/22 11:39 AM, Prisimisho wrote: list

@Prisimisho

That is an awesome list. Which system do you play the most?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-11 10:03:18

At 8/11/22 06:26 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
@Prisimisho

The Wii U back then

Crazy? I was crazy once.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-11 14:53:21

At 8/11/22 10:03 AM, Prisimisho wrote:
At 8/11/22 06:26 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

@Prisimisho

The Wii U back then

Which Wii U game do you play the most?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-13 03:00:23

At 8/11/22 06:25 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 8/10/22 12:27 AM, Dewdle wrote: PSP, NIntendo switch, Sega Genesis, and a broken ps4 that heats up in 5 min when playing a game. even though i fucking cleaned and replaced its fan, cant wait to dispose.
@Dewdle

It heats up in 5 mins? I have never heard of that before. When are you planning to get a new one?

tbh i was planning on getting a new ps4 but now i think it would be best if i move on to pc from consoles since itll be discontinuing soon. even made a forum about it. but whats weird about my ps4 is besides the 5 min it overheats on specific parts of a game. like gta for example, it runs fine as i play but once entering a mission map with tons of npc enemies or props the console says it overheating, yet its the same temperature as it was turned on. hell even sitting or taking a shower causes overheat too! like wtf!? wish i knew what the problem is but i rather leave it than cautiously make it worse

everyday we slowly stray closer to our lifes end.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-13 05:28:00

At 8/13/22 03:00 AM, Dewdle wrote:
At 8/11/22 06:25 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

@Dewdle

tbh i was planning on getting a new ps4 but now i think it would be best if i move on to pc from consoles since itll be discontinuing soon. even made a forum about it. but whats weird about my ps4 is besides the 5 min it overheats on specific parts of a game. like gta for example, it runs fine as i play but once entering a mission map with tons of npc enemies or props the console says it overheating, yet its the same temperature as it was turned on. hell even sitting or taking a shower causes overheat too! like wtf!? wish i knew what the problem is but i rather leave it than cautiously make it worse

Good luck with moving to PC for gaming. Let us know how it works out.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-14 15:22:32

atari 2600 sega genesis n64 ps1 dreamcast xbox gamecube ps2 xbox 360 wii

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-17 01:01:40

At 8/14/22 03:22 PM, SWAT134 wrote:

@SWAT134

It is rare to see an Atari 2600 on a list. Does it still work?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Systems you Own? 2022-08-23 20:09:44

At 8/17/22 01:01 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 8/14/22 03:22 PM, SWAT134 wrote:
@SWAT134

It is rare to see an Atari 2600 on a list. Does it still work?

no idea dont have a tv old enough to test it