00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't remember the name

726 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can't remember the name 2016-10-17 05:49:51

There was a game I remember playing on newgrounds, but I can't find it since I don't remember the name of it.

The game was a pixel platformer, where you were a lumberjack and you and your buddies were cutting down trees and placing the wood on an alter (I think there was some sort of time limit). When night came, they went into their houses and slept. You could kill them if you wanted. If you did some looking around, you could find an evil looking cave where you had the ability to resurrect your dead buddies as zombies. At the end of the game, depending on whether or not your actions were evil and/or if you successfully got enough wood for the sacrifice, a giant being will appear in the background and the game will end.

There may have also been medals for the game (that might have been how I found it in the first place).

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-18 23:33:53

At 10/17/16 05:49 AM, Plasmarift wrote: There was a game I remember playing on newgrounds, but I can't find it since I don't remember the name of it.

Do you remember what year it was made or what it's score was by chance?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-19 01:56:08

At 10/18/16 11:33 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 10/17/16 05:49 AM, Plasmarift wrote: There was a game I remember playing on newgrounds, but I can't find it since I don't remember the name of it.

No, sorry. All I can say for certain is that it didn't come out this year. I believe I played it about 2 or 3 years ago (or even longer ago) so it could have come out longer ago than that.

The only other details on the game I can provide is what you could do in the game. There were trees that reappeared after cutting them down, but there were other trees that looked different that were off to the far right that didn't come back after cutting them down and behind them, there was a pickaxe, which you could use to open up a cave on the far left.

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-19 15:37:43 (edited 2016-10-19 15:41:33)

At 10/19/16 01:56 AM, Plasmarift wrote:
At 10/18/16 11:33 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
No, sorry. All I can say for certain is that it didn't come out this year. I believe I played it about 2 or 3 years ago (or even longer ago) so it could have come out longer ago than that.

Okay, so after I did a few searches using the searchbar, looked through the pixel games section and looked through most of the games with medals, I couldn't find a game that had anything to do with what you described. I could have possibly missed it, but I think the game you're looking for is gone.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-19 17:32:38

Okay, so after I did a few searches using the searchbar, looked through the pixel games section and looked through most of the games with medals, I couldn't find a game that had anything to do with what you described. I could have possibly missed it, but I think the game you're looking for is gone.

Okay. I still appreciate you searching for it. Thank you.

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-19 21:55:44

At 10/19/16 05:32 PM, Plasmarift wrote:

You're welcome.

Also, I had another idea. You said the game might've had medals. If you played the game while logged into your account and you earned at least one of the game's medals, maybe look through your medal points on your page. Maybe you'll be able to find it there.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-19 22:47:39

At 10/19/16 09:55 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 10/19/16 05:32 PM, Plasmarift wrote:
You're welcome.

Also, I had another idea. You said the game might've had medals. If you played the game while logged into your account and you earned at least one of the game's medals, maybe look through your medal points on your page. Maybe you'll be able to find it there.

I definitely intend on doing that. The problem is that I've earned A LOT of medals (I'm ranked 20th in points on Newgrounds or something) so I have about 256 pages of game medal listings I'd have to go through. Also, I'm easily distracted (I tried it a few days ago and I noticed I was missing some medals on a certain game I came across and ended up spending hours trying to get them. I succeeded in that endeavor at least).

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-19 23:55:32

At 10/19/16 10:47 PM, Plasmarift wrote:
At 10/19/16 09:55 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
I definitely intend on doing that. The problem is that I've earned A LOT of medals (I'm ranked 20th in points on Newgrounds or something) so I have about 256 pages of game medal listings I'd have to go through.

Yes, I saw that you have a lot of medals, so I hope the search is worth it! It really does seem like that game is gone, but maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-21 11:15:22

The game was a pixel platformer, where you were a lumberjack and you and your buddies were cutting down trees and placing the wood on an alter (I think there was some sort of time limit). When night came, they went into their houses and slept. You could kill them if you wanted. If you did some looking around, you could find an evil looking cave where you had the ability to resurrect your dead buddies as zombies. At the end of the game, depending on whether or not your actions were evil and/or if you successfully got enough wood for the sacrifice, a giant being will appear in the background and the game will end.

There may have also been medals for the game (that might have been how I found it in the first place).

Was it this by any chance?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-21 13:15:58

At 10/21/16 11:15 AM, TomFulp wrote:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595044

No, sorry. It wasn't it. The game I remember has the appearance of a platformer (like 2D) and more pixel graphics. Still, thanks for trying; I really appreciate it and thanks for reintroducing me to that game.

It's possible the game I'm looking for may not have any medals, but I can't imagine how else I would have stumbled across it.

Response to Can't remember the name 2016-10-22 00:48:31

At 10/21/16 05:25 PM, usgurshaan178 wrote: I hardly looked at your medals and didn't really check the game but it did come out 2 years ago and has something to do with lumberjacks, so hopefully this is it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/631936

Sorry, it wasn't it. The graphics are even more minimalistic than that game and there is no jump button (or if there is, there is no use for it because walking gets you access to everything).

Response to Can't remember the name 2018-10-09 17:14:41

At 10/21/16 11:15 AM, TomFulp wrote:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595044

I found the game. It turns out it's made by someone on Newgrounds, but wasn't posted to Newgrounds. Here it is:
http://www.zillix.com/terminus.html