00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unscouted artists' best pictures

17,216 Views | 215 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-15 00:24:51

This thread is for unscouted artists to show off their very best art.

This thread is for unscouted artists to give their art a time to shine other than just in the unscouted section in the Art Portal. There are some rules to this thread and what you should put up.

1. Be unscouted to post art: Only unscouted artists can put their work here. Illustrators from the Art Portal can reply and critique other's artwork, of course.

2. Be proud of what you did: You should really only put your best work here, ones that you think are really great compared to your other work. We want to give other people a turn in the spotlight.

3. Give other people criticism: Criticism isn't a bad thing, because everyone needs pointers on how to make their art better!

4. Don't get mad: Again, criticism isn't bad. If you can't handle some tips on how to improve, I suggest you don't post here.

So now that you've read the rules, post your best piece of artwork on to this thread! I can't wait to see what other people put here.

Are you gonna tell me I can't do that? Well, that's some bulls**t. And I can't even swear, great.

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-15 00:27:37

I'll start this thread off right now. Give me some criticism on my art!

Full size: Magic Space

Are you gonna tell me I can't do that? Well, that's some bulls**t. And I can't even swear, great.

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-15 12:42:51

At 8/15/16 12:27 AM, InOtherNews wrote: I'll start this thread off right now. Give me some criticism on my art!

the background is very nice and if I was to criticize I would say the shading on the character falls flat and it needs more shadows and highlights that are intense

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-15 12:45:29

Here's a drawing I did of my OC from my comic Lucyfer using MrSteakArt's gestures

A rate would be appreciated and a scout would be incredible@

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-15 18:33:06

Wow, didn't actually think this would grab people's attention, thanks for posting!

As for criticism, technotiki did an amazing job on that picture, it looks great, but there's a bit of a continuity error. In the second pose out of the four, she's missing her boobs. But other than that I really don't see any problems with it, the shading and highlights are good, the facial expressions are great, and the clothes have good depth to them which is something I don't really know how to do yet. :P Great job, technotiki!

Exirry's Nightshade - There isn't much I can offer in terms of critique, as you seem to have your outline, shading, and finer detailing down, and the pose and anatomy seem to be order as well, so at this point all I can say is good job.

I tend toward 'fake pokemon' and the like as a pixel artist. The below is the first of four new Pokemon Trainer classes/sub-classes I'm working on at a glacial pace, Ronin(or Roaming Samurai).
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/zke/samurai-for-hire

I don't have much to share just yet, but I'm fond of this piece. It was fun to do

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-18 23:07:50

ZKE, I really like that pixel art, it's very nice. good tones, but his left eye is a bit misplaced. But overall a good picture and I think it fits perfectly with Pokemon's art style.

and 00110110, that's really good, the shading on it is fantastic and the hair is detailed so well. I recommended you for the Art Portal because I can't scout.

I like this thread, it's showing so much skill and hard work!

What a neat thread!

At 8/15/16 12:27 AM, InOtherNews wrote: I'll start this thread off right now. Give me some criticism on my art!

Hey, this is a cool attempt at some grand forshortening and a neat scene but there's zero modeling whatsoever, the anatomy needs work and the girls body could be better placed to activate the composition.

Flatness: What's your light source? Where is it? Try thinking about what parts of the girl's body would be closest to that light source and what parts wouldn't be hit by light at all. If you're working in a program that allows layering, I'd recommend trying a layer just for greyscale to figure out your values in. I also recommend that instead of using harsh lines to separate fields you use value changes within those fields. So like her palm wouldn't need a black line to distinguish it from the wrist as a jump from the palm's value to the wrist's value would do the trick.

Anatomy: Your forms will have a lot more definition and realism if you build them up part by part like a series of building blocks. Every human body can be broken down into overlapping simpler shapes like ovals, circles, trapazoids and maybe some wedges for the feet- look at the image below for an example. Try figuring out the shape of your subject's musculature and expressing it in to the shape.

Composition. There's a lot of neat possibilities for you here but right now floaty girl isn't activating the space well and there's not much going on to move a viewer's eye around the canvas. Suggestions: crop so you're mostly seeing the girl and her limbs will act as sight lines to lead you in and out of the canvas. Also, I'd vary up the sizes of the background stars in a localized fashion so that you can have a stream of them leading the viewer's eye around in a way that really plays with a sense of depth- maybe put some very large stars quite near the edges of the picture plane and make increasingly smaller ones going back to imply perspective.

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-20 14:47:52

It's awesome that we got someone from the Art Portal to post here, and thank you for the tips. I'm definitely going to work on it, thank you a lot!

Anyone want to give pointers to the other unscouted people in this thread? It would be appreciated a lot.

I did this a while back that I'm pretty proud of. More can be shown in my account as well as an art thread I'm putting together here! Click Here

Yee

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-20 16:58:24

This is my best one so far

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-21 00:31:02

ah!! what a good idea!!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-21 08:08:12

My recent design
My depiction of "Old man Kubo" just playing his Shamisen.

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-21 10:26:15

Thank you for this post ! Excellent initiative ! This is the drawing I am proud at most for the moment !

This draws speaks at best to my style. Not a very realistic style. I have an idea, I draw the situation and I let you feel the drawing and imagine your own story.
For my part, I see the strong urgence of this girl to reveal her body.

Critics Welcome, like is very appreciated, scout is the most of the most :)

Horror drawing Inspired by the Blob (1988)

Unscouted artists can't publish on the portal. If you find ridiculous to yell on an empty place, make me yell in the portal :)

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-21 15:17:17

I drew my persona for my most recent work, I didn't shade this because the brightness on my PC is fucked up for some reason.

I got a few I'm proud of, but this one always sticks with me

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-24 16:32:27

Neat thread.
My most recent one is my best so far, and I'm always looking to improve.
I did this from rolling some dice on some characteristics: gender, occupation etc.

<a> http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/dovahfeyn/succubus-knight <\a>

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-24 21:45:41

This is my most recent work, please take a look and let me know what you think, a rating would be awesome too!

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-08-25 15:59:23

This is the first semi-realistic painting I've finished and I think it's pretty decent. I need to work on and actually finish more paintings though, heh. x)

http://raidersym.newgrounds.com/Here is my most recent work that I am quite proud of. I was doing some style practice. I was really digging the flat colors for some reason. (sorry for posting twice idk if we can or not.)

(Sorry for spelling errors if you find any)

At 8/21/16 12:31 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: ah!! what a good idea!!

Yes if everyone would follow rulle 3. Give other people criticism

So let's see what I can do (just a headsup I can't draw 2D myself so take this with a load of salt)

At 8/21/16 06:33 PM, moonieagent wrote: I got a few I'm proud of, but this one always sticks with me

This is really good looking but I would think you should do a background and work on some more light and shading

At 8/24/16 04:32 PM, DovahFeyn wrote: <a> http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/dovahfeyn/succubus-knight <\a>

You could work on giving here a chin instead of just a cone shaped face(or that is probably a style thing) I am a bit confused about the mouth is that a lip or a tung? The blade look very flat and probably can be worked on , this tutorial from jazza might help you

Love the pose

At 8/24/16 09:45 PM, Xlathon wrote: This is my most recent work, a rating would be awesome too!

If you want a rating than you shude upload it to the art portal.

I thinke you shude have a difrent coler then complit whit in the backround (or som kind of backround att all) How did you coolor thes?It looks like you colored it for hand as som spots I se that you have mist filing in probably try and use something like the fill in tool from paint (dont know what program you use) Shading and light is also a thing you could work on as this looks very flat.

At 8/25/16 03:59 PM, hecticSketch wrote: This is the first semi-realistic painting I've finished and I think it's pretty decent.

Yes this do look really nice but for some reason I get this watering feeling from it , like the eyes are not the same shape the nose is slightly bent (this could be the style also) The ears don't look finished. But expect that this looks good

At 9/7/16 01:47 AM, RaiderSym wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/raidersym/raider-katana-style-practice Here is my most recent work that I am quite proud of. I was doing some style practice.

Nice style indent , one thing I nodes is the arm that this person is holding the sword dont look like it have a joint in it like the other arm, now yes that arm is stretched out and I am not saying it should be bent but when a arm is stretched out the elbow don't just disappear. More than that I really like this flat style also the mask

At 8/15/16 12:24 AM, InOtherNews wrote: So now that you've read the rules, post your best piece of artwork on to this thread!
At 9/7/16 01:47 AM, RaiderSym wrote: (sorry for posting twice idk if we can or not.)

I think that multiple posting in this thread should be allowed to future improv on what people have criticized before , but maybe we should have that you cant post in here before someone have said something about the last thing you have posted, or if it have been like a month since you posted in here the last time. What do you think @InOtherNews ?

And so its down to me NG --- Turntable Please watch the turntable before judging

Hey there, if this Picture is to NSFW or if i do violate any rules iam sorry and hope you can forgive me...
About this Picture, iam a huge Fan of the Show and the Characters. I hope you like it. =)

Oh i forgot the Criticism... uhm.. i don't like to insult anybody... but here is my honest opinion... everyone so far should consider reading more about Anatomy and study Form... i strongly recommend George Bridgeman's Books...

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-09-11 02:17:26

I don't really care if it's NSFW, and it looks really good! Really the only thing of criticism I can give is that the pose is a bit awkward, but other than that, it's a good picture. Thanks for posting, guys! ;)

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-09-11 02:23:03

In reply to @TheAttick
I think multiple posts is perfectly fine as long as you give everyone a chance. I've seen art in the unscouted section get buried under one person posting a 20 page webcomic, each with their own NG post.
So, I'm thinking that multiple posts is alright as long as you don't bury other people's work. I'll put in an edit to the rules. Thanks for posting!

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-09-11 02:59:29

At 9/11/16 02:17 AM, InOtherNews wrote: I don't really care if it's NSFW, and it looks really good! Really the only thing of criticism I can give is that the pose is a bit awkward, but other than that, it's a good picture. Thanks for posting, guys! ;)

Hey and thank you for your Feedback, but the Pose was intended that way... the main focus was to force her to stick her butt out :X
leaning on her slightly lower leveld scissor blade and assuming a awkward pose due to holding the balance seemed funny to me... but maybe i over did it =)

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-09-11 06:23:28

At 8/24/16 04:32 PM, DovahFeyn wrote: Neat thread.
I did this from rolling some dice on some characteristics: gender, occupation etc.

I like your style, most espcially soldiers and girls drawing. It's quite naive and I think it may allow you to draw about any subject. Interesting ! I have decided to recommand your art for the portal. Hope it will helps :)

Horror drawing Inspired by the Blob (1988)

Unscouted artists can't publish on the portal. If you find ridiculous to yell on an empty place, make me yell in the portal :)

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-09-11 06:50:52

At 9/11/16 06:23 AM, borntodream wrote:
At 8/24/16 04:32 PM, DovahFeyn wrote: Neat thread.

I like your style, most espcially soldiers and girls drawing. It's quite naive and I think it may allow you to draw about any subject. Interesting ! I have decided to recommand your art for the portal. Hope it will helps :)

Thanks so much for the feedback and recommending me! I'm glad you like them, It means a lot. I'm going to keep drawing!

Response to Unscouted artists' best pictures 2016-09-11 06:57:51

At 8/24/16 04:32 PM, DovahFeyn wrote: <a> http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/dovahfeyn/succubus-knight <\a>
You could work on giving here a chin instead of just a cone shaped face(or that is probably a style thing) I am a bit confused about the mouth is that a lip or a tung? The blade look very flat and probably can be worked on , this tutorial from jazza might help you

Love the pose

I can see why you think the bottom lip is a tongue! :). Thanks for the critique. I'm working on shading to give more depth to my work, so they won't look as flat.

I love Jazza's channel, so I'll go and look at that one again!