00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enoughforcast just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A General Pain In The Neck

511 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-11 12:14:47

So I recently ran into another user on the Audio Portal who may be the single biggest pain in the a** I've ever met on the Internet.

All of his reviews for other tracks have been zero stars with no constructive material and prodigious amounts of cursing, three of his audio submissions use the same audio file, and he reacts to any negative reviews/PMs on his tracks with a lot of cursing.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about NG yet to know if submitting an audio file more than once deserves some sort of action or if he can be punished in any way for his unfortunately useless reviews (since I don't think there's a rule against being a general d**k.)

I won't name who it is unless someone says action can be taken against this, and I can show proof of his actions if asked. (Note that he is also scouted for the Audio Portal, which is one of the reasons I'm writing this; I believe Newgrounds can and should have respectable users with quality content.)

Advice is welcome.

-CV

Response to A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-11 12:35:01

You can PM an audio moderator concerning the multiple uploads, and a review moderator if you suspect a large number of reviews are abusive. Luckily for you, @NekoMika is both of those things! She should be able to help you out.

BBS Signature

Response to A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-11 12:35:48

At 8/11/16 12:14 PM, CV35W wrote: So I recently ran into another user on the Audio Portal who may be the single biggest pain in the a** I've ever met on the Internet.

All of his reviews for other tracks have been zero stars with no constructive material and prodigious amounts of cursing, three of his audio submissions use the same audio file, and he reacts to any negative reviews/PMs on his tracks with a lot of cursing.

Who is the user? And depending on what he says in his reviews, they can be flagged and removed.

Then for his audio submissions, if three are just the same thing, I'm sure a mod would be glad to remove two of them.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-11 12:37:19

At 8/11/16 12:35 PM, FinaLee wrote: You can PM an audio moderator concerning the multiple uploads, and a review moderator if you suspect a large number of reviews are abusive. Luckily for you, @NekoMika is both of those things! She should be able to help you out.

Thanks for the advice! NekoMika's actually the mod who scouted me, and I did send a PM her way just in case.

Response to A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-11 12:37:44

At 8/11/16 12:35 PM, Jeffay wrote: Report his reviews?

Nice job with getting straight to the point there.

Response to A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-11 12:42:10

At 8/11/16 12:35 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 8/11/16 12:14 PM, CV35W wrote: So I recently ran into another user on the Audio Portal who may be the single biggest pain in the a** I've ever met on the Internet.

Who is the user? And depending on what he says in his reviews, they can be flagged and removed.

Then for his audio submissions, if three are just the same thing, I'm sure a mod would be glad to remove two of them.

Since you asked so politely, the user in question is sneppe.

His reviews: http://sneppe.newgrounds.com/reviews/audio

I double-checked his tracks, and they all have minuscule differences. I'm not sure if it could be counted as spamming, but you can also take a look at his eloquent replies to other reviews.

His descriptions are interesting too.

-CV

Response to A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-11 12:57:58

At 8/11/16 12:42 PM, CV35W wrote:
At 8/11/16 12:35 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:

Since you asked so politely, the user in question is sneppe.

His reviews: http://sneppe.newgrounds.com/reviews/audio

A few can be marked as useless and a few can be flagged for whistle points.

I double-checked his tracks, and they all have minuscule differences. I'm not sure if it could be counted as spamming, but you can also take a look at his eloquent replies to other reviews.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/698064
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/698067
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/698230

I'd PM an audio mod about both the songs and his replies to reviewers. Hopefully, an audio mod can remove the things he's said to you and other users. What he said is unacceptable.

His descriptions are interesting too.

Indeed.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-11 13:04:57

Thanks for all your help! I'll find an audio mod and see what I can do.

-CV

Response to A General Pain In The Neck 2016-08-12 14:52:39

At 8/11/16 08:36 PM, NekoMika wrote: BEEP-BOOP-MEOW - NekoMika - Feline Moderation ANALYSIS OF USER SPOKEN OF

Thanks for taking a look, NekoMika!