00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

39,803 Views | 442 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-03 02:45:47

I personally think it looks a lot better from here on out; anyone disagree? :3

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-05 23:15:02

meh, honestly

I was feeling very tired and judgmental of myself (art-wise) but still wanted to create, but didn't want to draw because I knew I couldn't do anything remotely decent (by my standards; everything in this thread might be crap by your standards :P). I eventually got over that, and just doing it makes me feel a lot better than giving up on myself.

Jazza's a freakin' godsend for giving me the energy to just keep drawing :3

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-07 20:52:00 (edited 2016-06-07 20:52:50)

Been working on more realistic proportions lately, and trying to actually draw something with 'em.

It's frustrating. Definitely needed a break for the time being.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-07 23:15:08 (edited 2016-06-07 23:29:23)

At 6/5/16 11:15 PM, NE-O-N wrote: meh, honestly

I was feeling very tired and judgmental of myself (art-wise) but still wanted to create, but didn't want to draw because I knew I couldn't do anything remotely decent (by my standards; everything in this thread might be crap by your standards :P). I eventually got over that, and just doing it makes me feel a lot better than giving up on myself.

and that's passion according to me

hopefully you are not just doing it but also learning what you can't do and how to do it. That's one of the first steps to true enlightenment as an artist. it's not all abt creating decent/amazing work or trying to catch up with the rest. It's all abt building a strong foundation from the ground up. Planning, Fundamentals all the way to the top.

Jazza's a freakin' godsend for giving me the energy to just keep drawing :3

and that's why i tune in to Jazza vlog once in a while to console / motivate myself not to give up laying that foundation, otherwise i won't be able to handle the pressure he's having like multiple deadlines and work to finish

edit: forgot, rather see a thread that shows improvement or even backslide compared to one that has mediocre drawings that takes one nowhere

writing in sleep mode,apologies. || all the best in art

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-08 00:24:46 (edited 2016-06-08 00:27:32)

At 6/7/16 11:15 PM, Akuaitance wrote:
and that's passion according to me

hopefully you are not just doing it but also learning what you can't do and how to do it. That's one of the first steps to true enlightenment as an artist. it's not all abt creating decent/amazing work or trying to catch up with the rest. It's all abt building a strong foundation from the ground up. Planning, Fundamentals all the way to the top.

edit: forgot, rather see a thread that shows improvement or even backslide compared to one that has mediocre drawings that takes one nowhere

writing in sleep mode,apologies. || all the best in art

This is the response I needed; thanks a lot!

I'm definitely doing my best in whatever I do to figure out how to do things better. I figured that I need to be able to confidently handle realistic proportions, making sure nothing's broken, at the core, if I want to really do things stylistically.

Yeah I've definitely done a lotta pointless things on this tablet; I guess I needed reassurance that I can do whatever with this thing. At the core, I'm definitely practicing. Behind the pointless things; I'm practicing. Here on out, I'll definitely make this thread more about sheer progress than anything. There is a bitof that as is, but definitely laying off littering with anything that contributes nothing; how the heck could I hope for feedback on something without substance?

It's weird; I feel like I don't have a sense of direction with art in general, but that might be my own lack of confidence in what I'm doing, coupled with the fact that there's definitely no set direction. I at least know that the places I'm focusing on are moving me forward, wherever "forward" is.

*Also, I kinda made it sound like I didn't want to draw to begin with in that comment on the shadow sketch xD (of course I did!) I meant for that day, but it does encompass a lot of how I felt about doing it. Again, thanks a lot for the reassurance.

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-08 23:11:51 (edited 2016-06-08 23:14:08)

Ai'ight I'm beginning to get a little confident that I can maintain proportions and not break things too much. I'm seeing if/how I can skew 'em slightly to fit existing characters. Jasper is crazy-wide in Steven Universe and has huge hands, so I tried to see if I could make those things look a bit more human with this one.

I should probably begin focusing on more specific things as well, since I really want to be able to do action poses and dynamism, which means I should probably stop drawing everything from this angle.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-09 00:23:53

At 6/8/16 12:24 AM, NE-O-N wrote: Yeah I've definitely done a lotta pointless things on this tablet; I guess I needed reassurance that I can do whatever with this thing. At the core, I'm definitely practicing. Behind the pointless things; I'm practicing. Here on out, I'll definitely make this thread more about sheer progress than anything. There is a bitof that as is, but definitely laying off littering with anything that contributes nothing; how the heck could I hope for feedback on something without substance?

time ran out b4 i cld edit the post properly , what i meant to say was that even though you may hv felt ur art wasn't decent ...it is actually better than someone who posts nothing constructive ..............never meant to hint that ur art may be pointless..(if it came out that way)

anyhooz, tho we may do shitty/crappy things with our tablets ..,it ain't pointless. it does holds information that we can learn

It's weird; I feel like I don't have a sense of direction with art in general, but that might be my own lack of confidence in what I'm doing, coupled with the fact that there's definitely no set direction. I at least know that the places I'm focusing on are moving me forward, wherever "forward" is.

we all have our moments with this, i guess time is the factor. whatever you do in the now impacts what the future will be , you may do landscapes/nature today, grow fond of it thus creating a chance/space of being an environmental artist in the future........... or the sudden realization ur are running out of time and everything lines up perfectly

but as you have put it, so long as you are making progress you will eventually reach ur destination which coincidentally will be another starting point to another destination. its one repetitive cycle.

*Also, I kinda made it sound like I didn't want to draw to begin with in that comment on the shadow sketch xD (of course I did!) I meant for that day, but it does encompass a lot of how I felt about doing it. Again, thanks a lot for the reassurance.

No problem , I personally find them as a step away from thinking am i be going crazy

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-09 02:19:14

At 6/9/16 12:23 AM, Akuaitance wrote:
time ran out b4 i cld edit the post properly , what i meant to say was that even though you may hv felt ur art wasn't decent ...it is actually better than someone who posts nothing constructive ..............never meant to hint that ur art may be pointless..(if it came out that way)

anyhooz, tho we may do shitty/crappy things with our tablets ..,it ain't pointless. it does holds information that we can learn

we all have our moments with this, i guess time is the factor. whatever you do in the now impacts what the future will be , you may do landscapes/nature today, grow fond of it thus creating a chance/space of being an environmental artist in the future........... or the sudden realization ur are running out of time and everything lines up perfectly

but as you have put it, so long as you are making progress you will eventually reach ur destination which coincidentally will be another starting point to another destination. its one repetitive cycle.

No problem , I personally find them as a step away from thinking am i be going crazy

Thanks so much again! Really insightful, and I think that gave me the motivation to try to shift focus back to my own style. I definitely don't feel restricted whatsoever with what I can do anymore, as it's all something.

I should honestly return the favor and try to help people out like this; I'm getting somewhat confident in my own stuff and I should at least try to have some presence on the forum for others' sake, because what you've said now definitely impacted my future, art-wise :D

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-09 20:33:30

I doodled a green space dorito analyzing the local wildlife, checking it for weapons of mass destruction.

Life is becoming interesting again

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-10 16:05:43

Aiight I tried going back to the style I've had before this thread and before drawing digitally, which is basically lots of edges and inward curving parts.

Even though this specific design is simple as all hell, it ironically has the most complex story out of any art I've made. Grab a drink or something.

This guy's name is CryoShock, an elemental being of ice/electricity that I came up with years upon years back and have drawn since childhood. He was initially inspired by the elemental forms in Maplestory, with somewhat similar design (flared hair, single-colored body), and was influenced design-wise down the road more by Sonic, Megaman, Panty/Stocking, and probably a couple other things I can't recall immediately. Basically, this guy is my style, and the creation of him made gave me a solid goal to go for after I start doing Game Design in some form.

I'll likely color this one in (he's literally just cyan and magenta), but I'm still trying to figure out ways to go about making the design a little more complex, but I want to keep it simple to the point where it'd always be easy for someone else to draw if they wanted to. Maybe if there's enough personality to whatever he's doing, it won't matter too much :P

You guys might see more of Cryo here on out since he's the perfect guy to practice my dynamic/action poses with.

(Yes I know his left foot's too small.)

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-13 17:27:30 (edited 2016-06-13 17:28:54)

This is probably something of a base form for the guy. I'll probably never have a final design xD The bracelet sucks out any of his power that it deems excessive-- so like 99% of it.

No shading because I just wanna draw something else.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-13 17:34:32

Our aforementioned ice-dude when he's too powerful for his own good. Body spikes up everywhere. Is suffering. "Ow the edge" applies physically to him.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-13 23:53:04 (edited 2016-06-13 23:58:08)

I drew a sank

I'm way too tired and I spent way too much time trying to play around with the lines

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-16 02:42:47

Alright I drew a piece of fanart of another artist's (blushmallet) OC. They're really awesome, and are on Twitter/Tumblr (same name), and are much better than I am x3

Anyway, since blushmallet's OC Robomallet is essentially a sexy robot and I decided to give it boobie blasters. Why? I dunno.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-16 18:57:00

Doodled more Steven Universe stuff

What if Garnet (aka "Box Mom") challenged Peridot to a boxing match, but Peridot still having limited knowledge of Earth stuff probably would take the term too literally, and freak out at the thought of actually sparring with someone.

If you don't watch the show I'm sorry lol

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-16 18:58:20

Round 2 where Sugilite wants to battle

In general context: someone much much bigger.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-17 15:33:06 (edited 2016-06-17 15:36:12)

I tried forcing myself to draw back perspectives. It was a struggle. I also experimented with soft shading.

Can you feel the sunshine?

Does it brighten up your day?

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-19 02:47:31 (edited 2016-06-19 02:51:58)

I think I'm becoming addicted to drawing Steven Universe art. I put Lapis (aka "Bob") in the Team Aqua Grunt outfit and stupidity was the result

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-19 02:48:16

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-19 02:50:06

confirmt 0/10

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-19 22:42:01

Alright, so my persona, -NEON- already feels outdated to me again. The first post in this thread was drawn up from a sketch that was at least a month old prior. On top of that, it was kinda rushed to open the thread up with it.

Even though it hasn't been that long, my fundamentals have seriously been updated since then, so I want to throw out a better representation.

Dude's a neon DJ (and with the release of Overwatch and realizing that Lucio exists I feel unoriginal as shit); I'll reflect that more in his art from here on out.

Also screw hands xD. I'm starting to develop my own way of making hands from what I've seen other people do (that "pentagon/trapezoid" foundation + turning it into a mitten), so time will alleviate this, I think.

Anyway, I'm already liking this version of -NEON- a crapton more and he doesn't even have clothes yet.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-20 23:50:10 (edited 2016-06-20 23:51:18)

Barely any drawn material, but I'm REALLY REALLY enjoying the new Kirby game, and someone suggested that if I draw anything Kirby-related, to try doing something where he's interacting with real life.

I took the challenge as I've never really done lighting-specific studies before, and I could definitely use some.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-22 21:10:19

More SU stuff

Peridot looked like a power ranger in the newest promo so I got the insatiable urge to draw her transforming, but what started as a doodle is gonna be 3 individual full-on drawings.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-24 01:07:22 (edited 2016-06-24 01:08:15)

So I had this rad idea a couple days ago while playing Overwatch to draw Shadow in Lucio's outfit, robo-legs and all

He's supposed to be riding against a wall that does not yet exist

To be honest I spent more time fiddling with colors than I'd have liked. I tried to put Lucio's personality into the colors, but that only made Shad look like a McDonald's employee and clashed with his aesthetic. Then I went more mono and it turned out to be too boring. Finally I discovered the power of that black and yellow and made significant progress.

Honestly there's a several things that I've already noticed wrong with this image, but I'm still gonna do the best I can to figure out some good colors and shading to compliment him, and make 'im feel as vibrant as possible, regardless.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-24 01:46:33 (edited 2016-06-24 01:52:55)

Also started something waaaay more dynamic for Sonic's 25th birthday, which unfortunately was yesterday.

Gonna get sleep and finish the Shadow thing before I continue on this one, but I definitely could use assurance on whether or not it's broken in this state

*Edit: just noticed the body isn't parallel xD

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-26 17:19:02 (edited 2016-06-26 17:23:25)

Exact spot I'm at with the Sonic thing at the moment

Staying with my dad for the weekend and despite having the laptop, the change of environment really welcomes "mindlessly gaming" more than trying to be creative.

Been trying to draw here and I've legitimately gotten bored. With trying to shade the Shadow/Lucio thing, and I haven't bothered with making more versions of the Peridot* drawing.

I blame the Internet here for being orders of magnitude faster and the fact that I have a TV here xD

So yeah, I'm trying to do stuff, but I can easily sense that I'm not into whatever I'm trying to do, and I'm not exactly doing commissions yet, so I'm laying back a bit until I get back home tonight or tomorrow.

Would rather take a delay to try finish something when I'm feeling good about it than try to force a schedule where there isn't one, but not just do absolutely nothing for an entire weekend.

*(because those honestly feel like something to do in one take, similar to the Lapis doodles. Soooo when I put Peri in a ranger suit, it'll be a completely new drawing.)

**(Also I've been really meaning to get around to responding to more threads and offering whatever insight I possibly could at my current state)

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-27 01:12:44

Really really quick n' rough sketches to keep me doing something until I get really motivated again.

Gonna redesign -NEON-, but I'm not sure whether to have his main outfit lean towards the middle (more like the current) or right one (I really like the idea of a cropped outershirt + boots but that gives such a punk feel xD). Left one sorta sprung up outta nowhere and I might make that one into a separate OC.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-27 20:31:48

The edge is among us

(REALLY glad I can finally move on from this one honestly >.<)

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-28 21:36:32 (edited 2016-06-28 21:42:52)

Now that I think about it, more spikes seems to add some personality to the guy :3

That design on the right is probably gonna become another version of -NEON- by the way, and who knows if the middle one is going to truly become -NEON-? Still conceptualizing! I really want to put as much personality into the guy as possible.

Coming in line with my dream of game design, there's a lot of ideas I've written up for the guy that are waiting to be drawn. It'll help me draw different personalities and possibly sizes as well, and many more dynamic poses.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-29 21:38:37

decided to use today mainly to draw random poses and see if I could make them interesting/not too broken and got hungry midway through

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature