00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New things not showing up as stars

454 Views | 8 Replies

I have recently noticed that I don't get stars (notifications) for a lot of new stuff posted on ng, like forum replies. Why is this happening?

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to New things not showing up as stars 2016-03-29 05:44:00

Check you haven't turned that stuff off in your feed settings:

http://www.newgrounds.com/social/settings/feed

Response to New things not showing up as stars 2016-03-29 10:34:07

At 3/29/16 05:44 AM, liljim wrote: Check you haven't turned that stuff off in your feed settings:

http://www.newgrounds.com/social/settings/feed

I checked, and I don't have it turned off... I saw both of your replies as stars. It's sort of like, some things show up, just not everything...

I recently posted in a thread, clicked on main site, reloaded after a while, (to check if there would be stars when there is a new reply) but I didn't get a star...

maybe it only happens if you are logged off for a while?

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to New things not showing up as stars 2016-03-29 11:27:27

At 3/29/16 10:34 AM, belthagor wrote: maybe it only happens if you are logged off for a while?

So what's a specific situation where you don't receive any notifications?

If you make a forum post, and someone replies, you're saying you never get notifications for that?

At 3/29/16 11:27 AM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 3/29/16 10:34 AM, belthagor wrote: maybe it only happens if you are logged off for a while?
So what's a specific situation where you don't receive any notifications?

If you make a forum post, and someone replies, you're saying you never get notifications for that?

Yeah, I mean... not never, but occasionally.

BBS Signature

Response to New things not showing up as stars 2016-03-29 11:37:02

At 3/29/16 11:35 AM, belthagor wrote: Yeah, I mean... not never, but occasionally.

Next time it happens, please post a link to the exact post or thread here.

It's possible there is a bug somewhere, or something in the reply isn't triggering the notification, or something else. I'd have to see the exact post to know for sure.

At 3/29/16 11:37 AM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 3/29/16 11:35 AM, belthagor wrote: Yeah, I mean... not never, but occasionally.
Next time it happens, please post a link to the exact post or thread here.

It's possible there is a bug somewhere, or something in the reply isn't triggering the notification, or something else. I'd have to see the exact post to know for sure.

I might be mistaken... do you have to be quoted (or for someone to type @belthagor) for it to count as a reply to your post, in another person's thread?

BBS Signature

Response to New things not showing up as stars 2016-03-29 12:08:13

At 3/29/16 11:46 AM, belthagor wrote: I might be mistaken... do you have to be quoted (or for someone to type @belthagor) for it to count as a reply to your post, in another person's thread?

Yep. And it can't be in an edit either. You can also click the little heart at the top of the thread to favorite / follow it. You'll then get notifications for ALL posts in the thread.

Response to New things not showing up as stars 2016-03-29 12:25:52

At 3/29/16 12:08 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
Yep. And it can't be in an edit either. You can also click the little heart at the top of the thread to favorite / follow it. You'll then get notifications for ALL posts in the thread.

oh... sorry!

feel free to close this.

BBS Signature