00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Flagging System is Live!

15,061 Views | 87 Replies
Respond to this Topic

New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 13:47:10

Big news for whistle fans, the flagging option has returned to games, movies and audio! You also now have the option to flag inappropriate user profile pictures and icons. Flagging in the Art Portal has been updated to be part of this new universal system and review flagging will move over in the upcoming review overhaul. Forum and playlist flags are coming too for the sake of being comprehensive.

When you flag something and it is removed by moderators, you will earn whistle points that increase your ability to bring things to the attention of the mod team. If you flag something and no action is taken, you will either get no points or receive a negative point if moderators considered your flag to be of especially poor judgment / abusive. Accumulating lots of whistle points earns you a shiny gold whistle on your user page and helps the site remain nice and tidy.

Other news...

Newgrounds shirts are now available!

It's Spring!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 13:53:01

So where is the American flag? Are you not a patriot? Do you hate your country?
Shame on you.

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 13:58:48

At 3/22/16 01:53 PM, RockLou wrote: So where is the American flag? Are you not a patriot? Do you hate your country?
Shame on you.

It clashes with our color scheme. America should have planned better.

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 13:58:55

At 3/22/16 01:49 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: when can i report forum posts

Eventually.

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 14:00:58

This makes me happy. Thank you based Tom!

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 14:02:29

At 3/22/16 01:58 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/22/16 01:53 PM, RockLou wrote: So where is the American flag? Are you not a patriot? Do you hate your country?
Shame on you.
It clashes with our color scheme. America should have planned better.

Vote Trump! He might eventually change the flag more to yellow/orange to celebrate his sexy hair and skin color.

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

At 3/22/16 01:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Big news for whistle fans, the flagging option has returned to games, movies and audio! You also now have the option to flag inappropriate user profile pictures and icons. Flagging in the Art Portal has been updated to be part of this new universal system and review flagging will move over in the upcoming review overhaul. Forum and playlist flags are coming too for the sake of being comprehensive.

When you flag something and it is removed by moderators, you will earn whistle points that increase your ability to bring things to the attention of the mod team. If you flag something and no action is taken, you will either get no points or receive a negative point if moderators considered your flag to be of especially poor judgment / abusive. Accumulating lots of whistle points earns you a shiny gold whistle on your user page and helps the site remain nice and tidy.

Other news...

Newgrounds shirts are now available!

It's Spring!

Nice Tom with the flag system, question. For the trolls out there that sometimes abusive reviews just to do so, will earning a certain amount of negative points be a penalty towards their account? Example: (If you get -10 points within a days review or so, that user should get a warning or message letting the user know he/she have been abusive in their reviews in a short amount of time and you are banned from posting any reviews for one week.) Then when that user gets three warnings about abusive review will be suspended from newgrounds or have their whistle drop from gold to stain. Just a thought. XD

Check out my work at MysticSkillz

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 14:19:49

At 3/22/16 02:11 PM, MysticSkillz wrote:

If you are flagging abusively, our flags eventually don't trigger mod attention. If you are reviewing abusively repeatedly, right now it depends on moderators to notice your pattern and ban you. Could consider more precise tracking in that department to catch repeat offenders. Right now I don't think it's been a huge issue overall though.

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 14:46:02

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Prepare to be overwhelmed, @BrokenDeck @Troisnyx @Exedor

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 15:10:57

Well that's great to know. I was wondering why the flagging system wouldn't appear in new flashes months ago?

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 15:18:55

DEAR GOD FINALLY. THANK YOU!!!!!

opiniones meae, facta omnibus

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 15:28:26

Yeah that'll do it. I guess its quality made flash for now on till something gets buggy.

See you in 2017.

Sexy Yes? I would think so :3

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 15:30:03

Awww yeah, now I can report stolen games again!

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 15:36:20

What about all those times I messaged you on facebook and got comments removed. I should get like 10 whistle points for that (or however they work, I dunno, I just want them...) ;D

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 15:49:29

Do we still get to blow my whistle baby?

srsly tom return the portal animations pls

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 16:06:55

At 3/22/16 03:49 PM, squidly wrote: Do we still get to blow my whistle baby?

srsly tom return the portal animations pls

We were talking about that today but we'd want to use something with an original jingle we can't get sued over... Maybe it's time for a jingle contest......

BBS Signature

Finally. Do you know how long I been waiting for this? Now the Portal won't spew shit anymore. GET READY TO BLOW MY GOLDEN WHISTLE, BABY!

Next, we need to edit our votes and that will be better.

I ran out of funny ideas in this signature so I copy this to be funny.

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 16:47:42

finally, been so long!

Happy Posting!

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 16:51:55

Heck yeah! I spend a ton of time finding stolen audio and it's good to see a faster way to report it. :D I was actually planning to suggest something like this sometime.

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 16:53:20

OMG Tom, you forgot your obligatory link to the supporter page! :o

Props on the flagging system by the way!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 16:54:16

When will we be able to flag BBS posts?

I want to bring the chinese ad spammers to justice because 薽薸僪 CLICK HER FOR NATURAL CANADIAN PHARMACY BEST OFFER [100 BEST PENIS 觿 圢帄騔鯬 PILL.C0M] FO枎殀 BEST HEALTH LONG TIME]]

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:00:04

At 3/22/16 04:53 PM, Oakwood wrote: OMG Tom, you forgot your obligatory link to the supporter page! :o

Props on the flagging system by the way!

I had it in there and removed it... Although I should have kept it :P

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:02:27

I'm sorry @TomFulp but I had to flag your user icon as offensive because it keeps hitting on me.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:03:04

Finally...I've been waiting on this for god knows how long.
Any reason why it took so long to implement this? Or did you just have too many things that were higher priority at the time?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:05:10

At 3/22/16 05:03 PM, Viper wrote: Finally...I've been waiting on this for god knows how long.
Any reason why it took so long to implement this? Or did you just have too many things that were higher priority at the time?

Other stuff was getting higher priority and the mods / forum users had been doing a good job overall.

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:05:30

Also, can we please keep the Green layout for the site? It looks awesome. And if not, is there anywhere I can download the background art because it is easily my favorite NG theme in all my years here.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:20:10

Aww, I guess more people will get deity whistles, making mine less special. But that's all good and well. Maybe I'll kick up the NGPD again or something.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:26:30

@tom I got my shirts thanks for bringing SOMETHING back to buy from NG. the NEW NEWGROUNDS LOGO is bigger than anticipated by pictures. looks good.

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:33:41

At 3/22/16 05:26 PM, Karmakosm wrote: @tom I got my shirts thanks for bringing SOMETHING back to buy from NG. the NEW NEWGROUNDS LOGO is bigger than anticipated by pictures. looks good.

Thanks for snagging a shirt and supporting NG!

BBS Signature

Response to New Flagging System is Live! 2016-03-22 17:47:00

so does this mean people are not allowed to show their penis' on newgrounds cause then i have been grossly misinformed