00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Edyborei just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Picture question 2004-06-20 10:33:57

Ok I have a few pictures on my computer that I want to post on NG but the problem is most of them are either too big in size or too big because of the dimensions. Is there any way I can make them smaller without shrinking them? Also, I have this other picture and its not .jpg or .mpeg its like .mix, is there any way I can convert that so it will open?

Response to Picture question 2004-06-20 11:01:13

Why dont you import it into paint, then save as, change the file name to jpeg and w00t. I have no idea how to change the size without shrinking it though.

Response to Picture question 2004-06-20 11:03:20

you could post a link to the pics with a website, use this Uploader upload your pics into there, then post the url to the pic on the NG fourms

Thanks to Ninjar for the sig. -NGSM

BBS Signature

Response to Picture question 2004-06-20 11:24:47

I asked the same question last night. the_phantom_rayper gave me a great link, you should check it out. The link is in my thread entitled Compressing Filesize.

Response to Picture question 2004-06-20 12:56:31

At 6/20/04 10:33 AM, jKiRk wrote: Is there any way I can make them smaller without shrinking them? Also, I have this other picture and its not .jpg or .mpeg its like .mix, is there any way I can convert that so it will open?

Personally, I use JPEG Optimizer, but I suppose the ReaJpeg that Figment mentions is just as good. Essentially what you do is choose areas of the image to display at lower quality than the rest of it ... a white wall inthe background doesn't need a whole lot of resolution, etc.

For graphic conversions, the best product I've found is Graphics Workshop, as it allows you to work in and with about 60 different filetypes. It has a number of limitations, not least of which is that the GUI is not terribly intuitive, but there's a lot that you can do with it. I've never heard of .mix, and they don't support it, so hopefully you just misremembered the filetype. IIRC they also bundle a "lite" version of their GIF maker with it, which is one of the few that allows you to individually set the duration of frames in an animated .gif.

Response to Picture question 2004-06-20 13:37:53

At 6/20/04 11:03 AM, ref wrote: you could post a link to the pics with a website, use this Uploader upload your pics into there, then post the url to the pic on the NG fourms

Im going to try this because I really don't have enough space to download a big thing its just like a few pictures.. How long does it take for the administrators on there to approve it?

Response to Picture question 2004-06-20 14:54:00

At 6/20/04 01:37 PM, jKiRk wrote:
Im going to try this because I really don't have enough space to download a big thing its just like a few pictures.. How long does it take for the administrators on there to approve it?

lol, its a pain to wait just for that. I waited for like 3-5 days. but they could do it earlier.... and maybe sometimes longer. you never know.

Thanks to Ninjar for the sig. -NGSM

BBS Signature