00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wall Updates, Pico Day & Pixel Day

9,455 Views | 62 Replies
Respond to this Topic

A thousand subscribers and the monthly goal breached in... seems like just a day! Impressive. Stretch goal doesn't feel the most inspiring, but whatever merits the money... would be cool if there was some kind of reward for each tier that's passed though. Something like that '$2,100 prize pool will be DOUBLED if we hit 1,500 active supporters by March 16th.' bonus, but for the listed goals? Added sense of reward for continual contributions.

At 1/21/16 03:47 PM, liljim wrote: I changed it to "Username changes", which is shorter and I *think* works?

Sounds good to me. Simple, sufficient; probably difficult to misinterpret.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Wall Updates, Pico Day & Pixel Day 2016-01-22 12:54:39

At 1/22/16 12:42 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: A thousand subscribers and the monthly goal breached in... seems like just a day! Impressive. Stretch goal doesn't feel the most inspiring, but whatever merits the money... would be cool if there was some kind of reward for each tier that's passed though. Something like that '$2,100 prize pool will be DOUBLED if we hit 1,500 active supporters by March 16th.' bonus, but for the listed goals? Added sense of reward for continual contributions.

We do have it set up to offer rewards - the difficult part comes with actually withholding the reward if we don't make the goal. For example we listed Harry's holiday skin as a reward for hitting the goal in November but I knew we were gonna do it regardless... Just would have been nice to hit the goal too. More vague rewards would be more flexible, like "We will sponsor an animation" but people would probably be more excited for specifics there.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Wall Updates, Pico Day & Pixel Day 2016-01-22 17:13:32

At 1/22/16 12:54 PM, TomFulp wrote: We do have it set up to offer rewards - the difficult part comes with actually withholding the reward if we don't make the goal. For example we listed Harry's holiday skin as a reward for hitting the goal in November but I knew we were gonna do it regardless... Just would have been nice to hit the goal too. More vague rewards would be more flexible, like "We will sponsor an animation" but people would probably be more excited for specifics there.

That 'double prize money' thing feels like one perk you could use for certain monthly events, at least? How about things that existed in the past, that I guess you'd need to spend some time to add back in, like some of the old secrets, or blam/save animations if you're the decisive voter, or even old pages and designs linked to through your account. Awards could be as vague as: a new secret (could still require certain levels), or unpublished character art, just something extra that doesn't require too much extra effort. I don't think tier rewards would have to be that big for users to feel rewarded, and such surprises would pique at least my own interest. If the funds reach high enough goals that sponsorship is the goal, that'd be a reward in itself. :)

Would feel a bit odd if planned features were withheld in favor of reaching the goal. If a goal isn't reached and you don't get that promised content, it'd be almost like a punishment, and if you don't withhold that content after all, then future rewards wouldn't hold the same promise. So, seems vague rewards could be useful for staying out of that dilemma.

More long-term tiers could be cool too btw. 6 monthly goals are reached in a row: the chat returns! Or: sweepstakes! Or some kind of limited community events in celebration of the goal. :D So much potential with this thing!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature