00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update

20,946 Views | 94 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-26 09:54:09

Well, this was my first Christmas without my parents. I guess my default it was probably the worst Christmas ever. I couldn't even go out to do anything because obviously everything was closed! The only Christmas tradition I was able to keep was watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas". Yes!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-26 10:15:11

This post shows exactly why i love so much NG !

I hope things will grow the way you expect !

Happy holidays to everyone !

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-26 14:05:41

Merry Christmas!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-26 18:43:25

Well, unfortunately I'm stuck in yearly subscriber status limbo until mid-January. What happens when it's about to expire now? Do I get a message when it does, or does my account change in any way?

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-26 20:16:48

Awesome! Im glad to see the site growing!!
I have a suggestion tho! Can you put the "everything by everyone" intro in the downloads tab plz!?!?
since more people are uploading non-swf files we should be able to download cool intros to promote the website, especially since most people upload their work to youtube. It would be awesome! I always wanted to us that intro in my work, I might make a custom ng intro for now.

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-26 20:57:08

I guess I should buy a supporter option just wish it offered more but will for sure think on that, glad that newgrounds is getting better and hope all the costs are better,

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 01:17:07

At 12/24/15 10:24 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm working with @JohnnyUtah, @Spazkid and @Oney on an upcoming console / PC game, to be released by Newgrounds. We are several years into development and have several more years to go. We're hoping you love it and the ultimate success of this game will also support NG.

When you shared that Vine all that time ago, I assumed it was for a new web game. This is really exciting news! Be sure to let us all know if there is anyway that we can help (either through direct contributions, or through odd easter eggs or cameos)

3. A revenue platform for artists & developers that paid out over $170,000 in 2015 and hopefully more in 2016.

I've wondered, what does Newgrounds receive through the NG ad API? I hope that means Newgrounds received at least $170,000 from them as well!

2. NG apps on more platforms (mobile, console, smart TV).

That would be really awesome! Can you imagine someone laying on their couch and binging on Newgrounds the way they do on Netflix!? That'd be amazing to see!

A bunch of stuff about supporter upgrades

Have you considered a Patreon account? I don't know how muddled it would make things to split it up between a Patreon and NG private supporter system. But anything that could bring in extra support might be worthwhile!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 08:21:22

At 12/25/15 09:29 PM, NEOSLAYRE wrote:
At 12/24/15 10:52 AM, NEOSLAYRE wrote: Can we purchase the subscriber upgrade in early 2016 if we already purchased one in late 2015?
And my question still remains unanswered

Traditionally you could buy the new year before the old year expired and it would add a year on to your expiration, however I think it no longer allows it since the system update and you have to wait for your term to expire.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 08:22:13

I got a job so expect my patronage soon.

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 08:26:39

At 12/26/15 08:16 PM, scottwjsm wrote: Awesome! Im glad to see the site growing!!
I have a suggestion tho! Can you put the "everything by everyone" intro in the downloads tab plz!?!?
since more people are uploading non-swf files we should be able to download cool intros to promote the website, especially since most people upload their work to youtube. It would be awesome! I always wanted to us that intro in my work, I might make a custom ng intro for now.

The flashy intro doesn't convert well in Swivel at the moment... I'd like to develop a new intro to feel like a step into the present, I have to figure out who is best to be in charge of making it.

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 08:27:29

At 12/26/15 08:45 PM, Seprix wrote: Is it going to be possible for musicians or artists to make some cash on NG? I guess the only way that would happen is for ads to play beforehand, and well.. I don't know if that's a good idea. Maybe have artists make some percent of the revenue for ads that show on the page where a person's song/picture is?

We actually do have rev share on art and music but for some reason the ads have dismal performance on those pages and don't report many earnings.

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 08:34:08

At 12/27/15 01:17 AM, Noodle wrote: I've wondered, what does Newgrounds receive through the NG ad API? I hope that means Newgrounds received at least $170,000 from them as well!

NG keeps 20% of the revenue from video ads and for the API ads and rev share display ads, we get a cut of CPMStar's revenue, so that the artist is getting the same deal as if they went with CPMStar directly. There are plenty of ads on the site that go completely to NG though and NG pulled in over $170K last year, it did however come up way short on covering costs.

2. NG apps on more platforms (mobile, console, smart TV).
That would be really awesome! Can you imagine someone laying on their couch and binging on Newgrounds the way they do on Netflix!? That'd be amazing to see!

You can actually do that already with the NG Roku app, although it doesn't have ALL the content. I'd really like to see an Xbox app that uses voice search and whatnot to find any video on NG (probably with E-T rating limitations).

Have you considered a Patreon account? I don't know how muddled it would make things to split it up between a Patreon and NG private supporter system. But anything that could bring in extra support might be worthwhile!

I have considered a Patreon account but would prefer people pay us directly through NG so a third party doesn't get a 30% cut. It also frustrates me that Patreon is so YouTube-centric and doesn't have an option to promote your Newgrounds page on your account the way you can promote YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. It is still a decent idea because Patreon draws a different crowd that is more eager to support things. Would still like to do it ourselves and grow that base of supportive community here.

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 08:35:06

At 12/27/15 08:22 AM, Soupcat wrote: I got a job so expect my patronage soon.

Thanks in advance!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 10:28:10

At 12/25/15 09:29 PM, NEOSLAYRE wrote:
At 12/24/15 10:52 AM, NEOSLAYRE wrote: Can we purchase the subscriber upgrade in early 2016 if we already purchased one in late 2015?
And my question still remains unanswered

I've just made some changes (bug fix for early subscribing amongst them) that should allow you to buy the following year's upgrade as soon as it becomes available, so you should be able to buy next year's RIGHT NOW if you want to.

We never really made it clear, but if you bought another upgrade and still had time remaining on your previous upgrade, you'd get up to 14 day's worth of that time added onto new purchases. That used to be the earliest you could renew - within 14 days of your membership expiring, the concern being that people would buy two year's worth of upgrades within short succession and expect two years' worth of time, rather than buying a year's worth, waiting towards the end of the expiry and then renewing.... But it seems that a lot of people want to jump straight into subscription mode or buy another upgrade, even if they have plenty of time left... so that's ultimately their choice and they'll be able to do that now.

@RydiaLockheart, @Dylan, heads up, you both had questions about this too.

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 10:34:00

At 12/27/15 10:28 AM, liljim wrote: you should be able to buy next year's RIGHT NOW if you want to.

Done. =)

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 10:40:42

At 12/27/15 10:34 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 12/27/15 10:28 AM, liljim wrote: you should be able to buy next year's RIGHT NOW if you want to.
Done. =)

Woohoo! :)

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-27 14:20:03

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-28 00:43:23

Even though I'm not nearly as active as I was a couple years ago (though I was trash back then anyway) I promise I will at one point, subscribe and become a supporter. I really do want to find a way to repay you after all the time I spent here. I owe you guys.

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-28 03:04:57

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2016 to all of NewGrounds.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

A bit belated Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope that base of supporters keeps growing! Supporting the site is good and all, but that badge you get with the yearly buy is probably the decisive factor for me: a visual symbol of contribution goes a long way as motivation. Glad to see an open overview of costs and goals as well,

Idea: how about supporter rankings? Like the old Sticker ranks, a toplist of users who donate the most? You might get some more commercial sponsors in the list too, donating for the privilege of having their profile/product/site showcased. Which... might not be a bad thing? Lists are always useful.

At 12/27/15 08:26 AM, TomFulp wrote: The flashy intro doesn't convert well in Swivel at the moment... I'd like to develop a new intro to feel like a step into the present, I have to figure out who is best to be in charge of making it.

How about a contest? Cheap way to get a (hopefully) good product, and alternatives, and it'd be promotiong the site at the same time. Just like that link us banners/buttons one from back in the day.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-28 10:54:00

A new game from you guys? I'm pumped! Can't wait to see more details about that. Happy Holidays everyone!

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-28 11:18:34

At 12/26/15 08:57 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I guess I should buy a supporter option just wish it offered more but will for sure think on that, glad that newgrounds is getting better and hope all the costs are better,

I like to see it as a way of supporting all the things you already get, rather than something you buy to get more. Unlimited project hosting, free audio resources, entertainment, gaming, dumping grounds, messages, blogs, all these other grand features of Grounds Gold we take for granted! ;)

BBS Signature

At 12/26/15 09:54 AM, Ericho wrote: Well, this was my first Christmas without my parents. I guess my default it was probably the worst Christmas ever. I couldn't even go out to do anything because obviously everything was closed! The only Christmas tradition I was able to keep was watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas". Yes!

Well, there's something at least! Sorry to hear about your grandfather too. I spent the day with the family (parents/sister) as usual, but missed out entirely on those televised traditions instead!! Over here it's a collection of old Disney classics, clips from The Story of Ferdinand, Donald Duck and Goofy on a camping trip, Pluto chasing the chipmunks into a tree, etc, very short segments from a select array of movies. The same selection's been playing at the same time on the same day for a few decades now. :) Just a few alternations with clips from more modern movies each year. Anyway, hope your remaining Holidays are Merrier in this the season of festivity!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-28 13:42:35

MERRY CHRISTMAS Newgrounds

A MEGAROBBY christmas special is coming soon!
I hope it's not to late to be part of the christmas 2015 collection?

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-29 10:44:06

At 12/25/15 06:47 PM, KingiOgh wrote: But can you say me a thing? What is this "Secret Content"? Sorry for my bad english.

It's secret! ;) Not that much at the moment, but there are a few fun things, exclusive content only supporters get access to.

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-29 16:36:10

Just bought both of your games on sale. Might twitch them sometime.

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-29 17:16:50

I've committed to a monthly donation and hope that you reach your goal. Thanks, and have a happy new year Tom Fulp! Greetings from New Zealand.

Life is a virtue, use it wisely! twitter.com/nebulus99 YouTube

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-29 18:51:38

A bit late, but Merry Christmas!

A bit early, but Happy New Year!

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-30 08:38:20

At 12/29/15 04:36 PM, TharosTheDragon wrote: Just bought both of your games on sale. Might twitch them sometime.

Booya, thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Wishes & NG Status Update 2015-12-30 08:38:40

At 12/29/15 05:16 PM, nebulus99 wrote: I've committed to a monthly donation and hope that you reach your goal. Thanks, and have a happy new year Tom Fulp! Greetings from New Zealand.

Thank you! Happy New Year!

BBS Signature