00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hellpix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fictional Characters You Hate

4,441 Views | 51 Replies

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-14 05:18:29

There's too many. There's just...too...many.

*Sigh*

Here, lemme do what I do on the Escapist. I'm just gonna call out all of FF8 and leave that as an example as to how easy it is to hate so much that is bad in fiction.

<INSERT SIGNATURE HERE>

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-14 21:15:37

Peter Griffin
Prince Blueblood, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon from MLP: FiM
Naruto
Jean Armstrong and Moe the Clown from Phoenix Wright

There's more but this is all I can come up with for now.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-14 21:18:05

Quite a few users are mentioning Peter Griffin. Is it a good thing that I never heard of him until now?

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-14 21:25:59

I hated Rinoa from FF8 with a passion. After a replay last year, I finally figured out why: She's Bella Swan from Twilight before Twilight existed.

Whiny and immature, and you constantly have to save her from herself. Everything has to be done HER way.

I always used to lose the battle with Adel on purpose so I could take potshots at her.

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-14 21:28:46

At 8/14/15 09:25 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I hated Rinoa from FF8 with a passion. After a replay last year, I finally figured out why: She's Bella Swan from Twilight before Twilight existed.

Whiny and immature, and you constantly have to save her from herself. Everything has to be done HER way.

I always used to lose the battle with Adel on purpose so I could take potshots at her.

RydiaLockheart, I think I had a bone to pick with you at some point!!!

I can't remember which bone that was, so I'll just kind of defend Rinoa through that sorceress limit break she got at some point?

BBS Signature

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-14 21:45:14

At 8/14/15 09:28 PM, NuScarab wrote: RydiaLockheart, I think I had a bone to pick with you at some point!!!

I can't remember which bone that was, so I'll just kind of defend Rinoa through that sorceress limit break she got at some point?

My only problem with that one was it was so damn random. Um, no, I don't need Berserk right now...

I liked how you got Angelo's limit breaks. It encouraged you to explore.

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-14 21:50:38

At 8/14/15 09:45 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: My only problem with that one was it was so damn random. Um, no, I don't need Berserk right now...

I liked how you got Angelo's limit breaks. It encouraged you to explore.

The trick I learnt was to only have Ultima junctioned to her, and Meteor too if you wanted to maximise the effect. Nothing but Ultima and Meteor forever!

BBS Signature

Vanilla Ice from JoJo's bizzare adventure: stardust crusaders

douche killed iggy and i'm glad iggy and polnareff teamed up to fuck his shit up.

EDIT: forgot to mention i really really really severely hate silk from spider-man. I'm okay with the retcon that peter wasn't the only person that was bit by the spider, but her introduction and just overall how her character acts is fuckin Mary sue tier

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-15 11:28:20

Doctor doom is cool! I hate superman!

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-15 13:53:02

Otae from Gintama. When any other character does something stupid or rude, that character tends to get what's coming. When Otae is being a bitch, however, it's treated as hilarious, and she never gets any punishment. She's a Karma Houdini, and it bugs the hell out of me.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-15 14:01:46

sheldon cooper

i don't hate him simply because he's a meme, i find him extremely annoying and had to put up with people like him for years

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-15 14:05:23

At 8/15/15 02:01 PM, Natick wrote: sheldon cooper

i don't hate him simply because he's a meme, i find him extremely annoying and had to put up with people like him for years

Seconded. I watched a five-minute clip of The Big Bang Theory that included him, and that was enough to make me dislike him.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-19 23:28:51

Scrappy doo from Scooby doo. Does that count? was he made to be hated?

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-19 23:45:35

At 8/19/15 11:33 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 8/19/15 11:28 PM, berwady wrote: Scrappy doo from Scooby doo. Does that count? was he made to be hated?
He's a fictional character. Therefore, he counts.

I personally found him annoying and unlikable.

There's a reason why there's a TV Trope named after him.

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-20 00:05:16

I hate...
-Cute mascot characters that eventually overtake the series
-The on/off bitch who secretly loves the male lead. Or more similarly, the tough chick who still manages to become a damsel in distress at some point in the story
-The villain whose goals are completely reasonable, but he has a random dehumanizing breakdown for no real reason
-The hero who has a huge arsenal of attacks, but he mainly just punches things
-The drooling idiot who always gets away with his stupid antics no matter how much destruction he causes
-Faceless characters who only exist as fodder for some new superstrong character
-That character who gets bullied by every other character, but the instant he stands up for himself, he's seen as a bully
-The technogibberish spewing nerd
-The Darth Vader parody. Why are there still Darth Vader parodies in 2015?

Fuck you give me money!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-20 06:11:36

Anybody from Evangelion or Attack on Titan makes my list. A bunch of emos.

You haven't seen me yet.

At 8/20/15 12:05 AM, Chdonga wrote: -the tough chick who still manages to become a damsel in distress at some point in the story

Korra from the new avatar series is one of the most unlikable characters I've ever encountered.

I mean, she acts so fucking tough all of the time, and always gets her ass kicked despite having nearly a decade to learn shit.

Others include Lisa Simpson (This explains it all), Peggy Hill ( Arrogant to a whole new level, although it's done on purpose), as well as every character who solves every single problem with the power of friendship to the point where they are never in any real danger or never have to change or adapt in the first place, (A shit ton of Manga/anime, Twilight sparkle and plenty more).

I also hate characters who's entire personality consist of whining about stuff (Like Lucy in the AC series) and characters who have had everything handed to them, yet still act like they "worked hard" and "earned it" (Twilight sparkle again)

Those are all I can think of right now.

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-20 08:04:28

- Spongebob
- Allen Gregory
- Peter Griffin
- Shit Pickle (the minor AVGN character)
- Sonichu (does an uncopyrightable character count?)

Also, THIS little bastard...

If Friendship is truly Magic, then I'm little more than a muggle in this regard...

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-20 09:16:00

SpingeBebSqorePents. (Spongebob)

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-20 09:25:07

christian weston chandler.

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-20 09:37:00

I hate the guy that smiles in the shower scene of American History X.
He has too much childish wonder in his eyes

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Fictional Characters You Hate 2015-08-21 21:38:49

The pet dog.

It's always the motherfuckin' pet dog, goddamn.