00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NecroDancer Winners & Other News

10,076 Views | 15 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Before we get to the winners of the Crypt of the NecroDancer fan art contest, some announcements:

@Sarkazm, of Lucky Day Forever fame, has launched a Kickstarter for Tsioque, a beautiful hand-drawn point and click adventure! Please support if you have the means and love Sarkazm or adventure games.

RealFaction is looking for a pixel artist for a game inspired by his NG tribute video.

@RealFaction also announced the winners for the Newgrounds Inspired Music contest. The top three won a "Steam Devs from NG" game package, containing Rogue Legacy, Super Chibi Knight, Lakeview Cabin and Potatoman Seeks the Troof!

@jato has released an Android game called Arlequin available on the Google Play store! Watch this video and snag it if you got Android!

Last week we had a Crypt of the NecroDancer fan art contest, with ten Steam keys on the line. Here are the winners:

NOTE: I originally forgot to check the unscouted entries and only listed eight winners. The list has been updated to showcase all twelve!

Robot Day winners are still coming. For an example of how hard it is to judge art: @MindChamber, @JohnnyUtah and @Luis all turned in their picks and each list is almost completely unique.

Have you been following the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation? The novice round ended last week, try and watch the entries this weekend. Votes and reviews are always appreciated!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 13:23:21

grats, winners. yea

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 14:37:26

Congrats winners! Nice arts.

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 16:38:25

At 7/24/15 01:22 PM, Amaranthus wrote: First post!
Is there going to be a costume contest this year?

For Halloween? I'm always down for that.

BBS Signature

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 17:18:12

Have anyone considered to make a periodic game jam here, something like Ludum Dare/ I mean this site is huge, has some appealing unique features based on a strong comunity, and every game jam hosted here brought many wonderful games to life. For the most people out there, when you say "Newgrounds" you say games, so why not to give the indie devs the chance of working on something cool and be motivated by the prizes and the glory, and you have to admit that there are few game jams out there where anybody can enter.

Or maybe I'm to stoned to be arround here, anyway thanks for your patience!

P.S: Congratulations to the winners!

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." Shigeru Miyamoto

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 17:43:48

At 7/24/15 05:18 PM, DanielCotorogea wrote: Have anyone considered to make a periodic game jam here, something like Ludum Dare/ I mean this site is huge, has some appealing unique features based on a strong comunity, and every game jam hosted here brought many wonderful games to life. For the most people out there, when you say "Newgrounds" you say games, so why not to give the indie devs the chance of working on something cool and be motivated by the prizes and the glory, and you have to admit that there are few game jams out there where anybody can enter.

I keep intending to have more gam jams but I keep totally failing at actually launching one.

BBS Signature

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 17:57:34

At 7/24/15 05:43 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/24/15 05:18 PM, DanielCotorogea wrote: Have anyone considered to make a periodic game jam here, something like Ludum Dare/ I mean this site is huge, has some appealing unique features based on a strong comunity, and every game jam hosted here brought many wonderful games to life. For the most people out there, when you say "Newgrounds" you say games, so why not to give the indie devs the chance of working on something cool and be motivated by the prizes and the glory, and you have to admit that there are few game jams out there where anybody can enter.
I keep intending to have more gam jams but I keep totally failing at actually launching one.

Maybe it's a better alternative to organize two yearly game jams instead of all these "mini-jams", and the entrants can make their games in any software. Let's say you announce a theme, and the devs have a month to finish the game. Users can vote like in the monthly awards, then you, the staff and the sponsors decide which entry is the winner, including special awards like "best art", "people's choice" etc. I think the promotion won't be a problem since your site is already mega-famous, and I think that a lot of developers will become members only to participate :))

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." Shigeru Miyamoto

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 18:03:25

grats on the winner!

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 20:34:22

Neat. Congratulations to the winners!

Oh hai.

BBS Signature

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-24 20:36:30

Big round of applause for the winners...

And I don't think my battered psyche can take much more of the waiting on these Robot Day results.

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.

YEEAH thanks!, that means time for a break :)

BBS Signature

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-25 03:56:44

I really wanted to participate but I couldn't get in the groove, and didn't wanna force something either. Oh well, congrats to the winners! :D

up down flop around

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-25 15:03:09

Aww dangit, I didnt make the cut? I posted right before the deadline. :(

-sigh- oh well, probably cause I wasn't scouted yet.

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-25 19:27:24

Maan, I sent a piece for the contest as my first art submission but I wasn't aware of the scouting system until It was too late, totally my fault for not reading the rules first I guess. What a let down, I was somewhat proud of my entry

I'll upload more stuff later then, maybe I'll be able to participate next time. This Isn't the last you'll hear from me...

Hehe, now seriously, congrats to the winners !

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-26 09:55:42

At 7/25/15 07:27 PM, Gawter wrote: Maan, I sent a piece for the contest as my first art submission but I wasn't aware of the scouting system until It was too late, totally my fault for not reading the rules first I guess. What a let down, I was somewhat proud of my entry

I'll upload more stuff later then, maybe I'll be able to participate next time. This Isn't the last you'll hear from me...

Hehe, now seriously, congrats to the winners !

Oh craptastic... I forgot to browse the non-scouted entries! DAMMIT I'm gonna fix this sorry about that!

BBS Signature

Response to NecroDancer Winners & Other News 2015-07-27 02:37:47

I've always loved Crypt of the Necrodancer, so this was a treat!