00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Street Fighter 5

4,627 Views | 44 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 16:59:16

Anyone hype for the new Street Fighter? I think it looks fantastic graphically. I'm really interested in how it'll play and what the new mechanics are. I've been hoping for some sort of parry system like in Street Fighter 3, but it's fine if that isn't in the game. It didn't look like it will be. The logo is also one of the best I've seen.
Both trailers here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckpsp1HSr8s&list=UUOgaIuQYGr6ow_jbote4BKA&index=3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQBapkewQsc&index=4&list=UUOgaIuQYGr6ow_jbote4BKA

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 18:16:19

It seems you beat me to the thread. I'm not sure what to be stoked for, this or Mortal Kombat X. I definitely will be getting both though!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 18:26:49

At 12/6/14 06:16 PM, darkjam wrote: It seems you beat me to the thread. I'm not sure what to be stoked for, this or Mortal Kombat X. I definitely will be getting both though!

I'm more of a Capcom and SNK fan. I played Mortal Kombat on the SNES and a few new ones. I think it's great and all, but I don't really play it competitively. Mortal Kombat X looks pretty rad. I'm more hyped for the new Street Fighter though. Just my preference. It looks like they showed 2 Super Arts, and some sort of power up thing that looks like it made certain attacks stronger. Looks like something that will probably consume meter. Glad you're excited!

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 19:50:07 (edited 2014-12-06 20:01:52)

im pretty fucking hype, looks like RYU got his denjin hadouken back from SF3, so this is probably gonna be a sequel.

I HOPE MY BOY Q RETURNS

edit: also chun li actually looks sexy this time

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 20:19:53

also i just fucking realized, DID CHUN DO A FUCKING AIR COMBO?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 21:19:45

At 12/6/14 07:53 PM, Zachary wrote: Why is nobody mentioning the cross-platform capabilities here?

Seriously, that is the most important thing to be excited about. PC players are going to be able to fight against PS4 players. This shit is real.

I'm hoping Oro and/or Q make it into the characters this time around too.

Yeah, I'm hoping to see Q and Oro in this one. I need some practice with Oro in SF3 though. I wanted to see more characters from SF3 like Urien, SF3 characters from SF4, and potentially a balanced Gill. Also my girl Chun-Li is looking hot!

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 21:22:11

At 12/6/14 08:19 PM, TheMajormel wrote: also i just fucking realized, DID CHUN DO A FUCKING AIR COMBO?

She did a spinning bird kick... except in the air! Air look like they'll be a thing.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 22:14:15

At 12/6/14 09:22 PM, PsychedelicSamurai wrote:
At 12/6/14 08:19 PM, TheMajormel wrote: also i just fucking realized, DID CHUN DO A FUCKING AIR COMBO?
She did a spinning bird kick... except in the air! Air look like they'll be a thing.

it didn't look like a air move like sakura otoshi, in which in SFIV thats the only "air combo" in that game, unlike here where chun looked like she was doing light,medium,heavies n shit. also, SFXT style ground bonce it looks like.

At 12/6/14 08:41 PM, Zachary wrote:
She had her guard broken too

at this point they should just rename SFV into Street fighter alpha 4

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 22:23:48

it didn't look like a air move like sakura otoshi, in which in SFIV thats the only "air combo" in that game, unlike here where chun looked like she was doing light,medium,heavies n shit. also, SFXT style ground bonce it looks like.

Yeah you're right, I just noticed that. Hopefully Capcom will talk more about the gameplay soon. Didn't they say they'd talk about it at the Capcom Cup this month?

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-06 22:51:50

I am looking forward to Street Fighter 5.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-08 00:21:21

also i just fucking realized, DID CHUN DO A FUCKING AIR COMBO?

She had her guard broken too

Just noticed that the power up state thing is a lot like the N-Groove in CvS2

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-14 00:32:14 (edited 2014-12-14 00:32:47)

I dont know if anyone has seen the trailer yet BUT CHARLIE IS BACK FROM THE DEAD.
also noodle hats

id post a link but im on mobile

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-14 13:39:50

At 12/14/14 12:32 AM, TheMajormel wrote: I dont know if anyone has seen the trailer yet BUT CHARLIE IS BACK FROM THE DEAD.
also noodle hats

Yes! You beat me to it. I didn't expect that they'd bring Charlie back. Can't wait to see him kick some Shadaloo ass. ALSO, PARRIES ARE IN THE GAME. I'm so happy to hear that.
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_X2d7sSFiY

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-14 19:40:34

At 12/14/14 01:39 PM, PsychedelicSamurai wrote:
At 12/14/14 12:32 AM, TheMajormel wrote: I dont know if anyone has seen the trailer yet BUT CHARLIE IS BACK FROM THE DEAD.
also noodle hats
Yes! You beat me to it. I didn't expect that they'd bring Charlie back. Can't wait to see him kick some Shadaloo ass. ALSO, PARRIES ARE IN THE GAME. I'm so happy to hear that.
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_X2d7sSFiY

They're adding parrying back into the game?

Well, fuck me. Back to Third Strike I go...

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-15 18:40:56

They're adding parrying back into the game?

Well, fuck me. Back to Third Strike I go...

Actually, based on the gameplay we have right now, I don't think there are parries. The block and sound effect are only there to signify that you gain meter I think. Air combos and juggles are still a thing. The "super mode" is still a thing too acts like a buff. I think some of the attacks in this mode gives a little stun when blocked, and that's what I think is kind of the guard crush. I'm also not sure if there are guard crushes either. I didn't see a gauge, and I haven't seen anything like alpha counters. There are also reversals, counters, and technicals as usual. Something big is that you might not be able to win through chipping out. I think some normals can do chip damage now too. Things can change of course, the game isn't finished so new mechanics can definitely be added or changed.

First Match of SF5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIdnJQZ_lkg

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-15 19:43:18

Edit: Just guards are seen as well. Also NOODLES.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-16 23:50:39

Is there a reason Chun-Li isn't naked?

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-18 18:35:35

At 12/16/14 11:50 PM, TheKlown wrote: Is there a reason Chun-Li isn't naked?

Yes. Capcom's saving that for DLC.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2014-12-20 19:41:46

I only hope SF5 will never bring back 1 Frame Links.

That shit really turned me off from SF4 when I learned the PS3 version had trouble with 1 frame links, due to its variable frame--rate.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-01-25 19:34:41

Hmmmm. So, apparently Ono wants to get younger players into Street Fighter. No one is 100% sure what he means. My only thoughts could be that either he wants to maybe make a full fledged story mode of sorts, better tutorials, some new point/rank system, or potentially easier execution. Could be good, could be bad. Any ideas on what he means? Also better netcode, so that's cool.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-01-25 20:09:29

Still waiting for a major update.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-02-09 20:19:09

So I'll just throw the Capcom and Square Enix thing out there. I honestly don't think it's really anything, but hey, you never know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj9az_9KBT4

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-02-09 22:04:08

The only SF game I ever enjoyed was SF EX.

Wish they make a modern version of that one.

Street Fighter 5

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-02-09 22:13:01

At 2/9/15 10:04 PM, Jin wrote: The only SF game I ever enjoyed was SF EX.

Wish they make a modern version of that one.

A modern version of EX could be pretty nice actually. I'm a big Street Fighter 3 guy, so anything like that, or just something brand new would be cool to see. The art in EX is really nice. I prefer SF3's artwork though.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-02-11 19:24:57

At 2/11/15 11:59 AM, Vinnyy wrote: I know this is a little off topic, but is anyone here looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat X game that's coming out this year?

I decided to ask this, because MK and SF are kind of similar games.

THe similarities between Mk and sf end at "fighting game".

Also, did anyone see that daigo and gamerbee sfv demonstration? I know its a alpha, but holy shit chun-li zoning on install looked so broken.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-02-11 23:28:53

Also, did anyone see that daigo and gamerbee sfv demonstration? I know its a alpha, but holy shit chun-li zoning on install looked so broken.

Yeah, I saw that! Daigo also said somewhere that he thought the game was too slow and needed to be in favor of the attacker rather than the defender, clearly hinting to guard crushes from Alpha. He also said he didn't want any points in a fight where the defender is forced to do nothing. Here's the article on event hubs: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jan/02/daigo-street-fighter-5s-pace-currently-too-slow-feels-fighting-games-should-limit-number-possible-blocks-techs-and-reduce-time-limit/

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-03-15 19:13:47

Oh yeah, Charlie! He's picked up a few new moves since Alpha. He's all fucked up now.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-08-04 05:50:36

time to bump this fuckin thread

CAMMY AND BIRDIE WERE ANNOUNCED AT E3
KEN WAS ANNOUNCED AT COMICCON, STILL A SHOTO BUT HE'S NOW GOT RUN CANCELS
NECALLI, A NEW CHARACTER THAT IS A RUSHDOWN/GRAPPLER
AND VEGA, THE MASKED NARCISSIST

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-08-04 05:58:31

At 2/11/15 11:28 PM, PsychedelicSamurai wrote: Daigo also said somewhere that he thought the game was too slow

I snickered at this. He's complaining because his slow, turtle shotokan spamming strat no longer works. Awfully ironic.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Street Fighter 5 2015-08-08 18:42:32

At 8/4/15 05:50 AM, TheMajormel wrote: time to bump this fuckin thread

CAMMY AND BIRDIE WERE ANNOUNCED AT E3
KEN WAS ANNOUNCED AT COMICCON, STILL A SHOTO BUT HE'S NOW GOT RUN CANCELS
NECALLI, A NEW CHARACTER THAT IS A RUSHDOWN/GRAPPLER
AND VEGA, THE MASKED NARCISSIST

HOLY SHIT I FOR GOT ABOUT THIS THREAD. 16 characters total. 4 original characters. Also Fight Money is a thing? All game content can be bought with fight money, characters and I'm assuming costumes as well. Only one version of SFV will exist, with new content, tweaks, and characters that will be added over the course of the games lifespan. Did I miss anything?