00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HaxeFlixel flash games on mobiles

762 Views | 3 Replies

HaxeFlixel flash games on mobiles 2014-11-12 10:40:42

I made a search for HaxeFlixel on these forums and found no topics. Which is very strange.
Haxeflixel is the port of the popular Flixel game engine to Haxe programming language.
Haxe is very similar to AS3 so flash programmers should feel right at home.

The games I published on NG are all made with HaxeFlixel engine.
There are also iOS and Android versions of these games so you can see the quality that can be made.

Who else is developing flash games in HaxeFlixel?
Or am I alone here? :)

Response to HaxeFlixel flash games on mobiles 2014-11-19 04:06:10

At 11/12/14 10:40 AM, Netforza wrote: Who else is developing flash games in HaxeFlixel?
Or am I alone here? :)

You are not alone. I personally don't as I've just started teaching myself to program since the start of the year (AS3) so once I get a better grasp of everything I will make the switch.

There are a few people that I know of that use Haxe here on NG. Try asking "Who uses Haxe" in the Flash forum and I'm sure they will tell you. I know the Flash forum is only meant for Flash related topics but that's where these users hang out as they are proficient in AS3 so they help people with their actionscript questions there.

Response to HaxeFlixel flash games on mobiles 2014-11-25 14:05:41

Me me! I use Haxe. Can't believe there are so little people who know and use Haxe. The language should be a lot more popular, it's just awesome!

Nah, I use HaxeFlixel also. I can't believe it hasn't been getting more popular, as it is a hell of an upgrade from AS3 and Flixel.