00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VOXPhi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Full screen flash?

1,471 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Full screen flash? 2014-08-24 02:24:58

hey guys im not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm currently making a game and I have it set so when the player presses the "F" key, it makes the flash full screen.

now this works when I run the .swf from my computer but when I upload the game to newgrounds and test it on the Preview page, it does not work.
Anyone know why?

Response to Full screen flash? 2014-08-24 06:00:55

At 8/24/14 02:24 AM, VanDiest wrote: hey guys im not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm currently making a game and I have it set so when the player presses the "F" key, it makes the flash full screen.

now this works when I run the .swf from my computer but when I upload the game to newgrounds and test it on the Preview page, it does not work.
Anyone know why?

No clue haha I don't think I've ever seen a game with a fullscreen option here at NG. Maybe it's not supported? Hopefully someone replies that knows the answer as I am rather curious myself.

Response to Full screen flash? 2014-08-24 12:27:11

It is supported, this is an older game one of my games, it's in the options menu. Although the game is so poorly optimzed it'd probably lag too bad to be worth it. I'm not sure where it does and does work but the following works on the published game.

stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE;

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Full screen flash? 2014-08-24 17:01:10

At 8/24/14 12:27 PM, MintPaw wrote: It is supported, this is an older game one of my games, it's in the options menu. Although the game is so poorly optimzed it'd probably lag too bad to be worth it. I'm not sure where it does and does work but the following works on the published game.

stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE;

I was already doing this. But I think I figured out why. For somereason if I set it so if the player has to press the F key, it doesn't work, but if i make it so they have to click a button, it works. No idea why this is. Im assuming its something with flash.

Response to Full screen flash? 2014-08-24 18:24:40

At 8/24/14 05:01 PM, VanDiest wrote: I was already doing this. But I think I figured out why. For somereason if I set it so if the player has to press the F key, it doesn't work, but if i make it so they have to click a button, it works. No idea why this is. Im assuming its something with flash.

Flash security restrictions make it so that certain things (going to a new page, fullscreening I guess) have to be initiated by the user, like a click. Maybe if you had the fullscreen code directly in a KEY_DOWN event it would work, maybe not.