00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GileSan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread

14,811 Views | 216 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-13 20:40:28

The two submissions sound pretty good -- can't wait to throw mine in here in a few days.

[✖] Play a live show. | [✖] Sell music.

[✔] Sound design for games. | [✔] Produce an OST for film. | [✔] Get creepy fans. | [✔] Get awesome fans.

Moving up the ladder.

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-13 22:50:03

@DjSkyFall
@xxxZigZagxxx

I know I owe you guys some reviews, but please wait a little longer. I promise I'll make them as detailed and helpful as I can, but now I need to prepare for some college visits/interviews I have tomorrow. I was planning on reviewing them tonight, too, but my flight into Boston got delayed because of bad weather. I will review them tomorrow. I promise. ;(

...and if I'm missing anyone else here who I promised reviews/score reports to, please let me know. Thank you! ^^

~Andrew

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-14 02:37:55

At 8/13/14 10:50 PM, TheDoor6 wrote:
...and if I'm missing anyone else here who I promised reviews/score reports to, please let me know. Thank you! ^^

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get one or not, but if I was, then it would be nice to have it :)

Good luck everyone.

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-14 06:47:42

It's OK, you don't have to rush at all, it's just if you want to. I already got feedback from one of the judges which was extremely valuable.

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-14 09:54:30

I haven't had any feedback as of yet.Just a few fans that say they like it. But I prefer to know what and why etc.

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-14 12:02:53

I can review whoever's submission for this, just PM me or something. :v

I'll probably be harsher than the other judges, but that's not to say I won't give reasoning for it.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-14 16:36:54

At 8/14/14 04:31 PM, Lich wrote: Scrap my origonal plan of going for a slower and more hatred-infused Aggrotech track, i'ma going full-blown Symphonic Metal for this one (with both Slam Death & Black Metal influence of course). Just gotten the first 30 seconds of it done and it sounds awesome so far!

Sounds promising. I can't wait to hear it!

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-14 18:41:11

When I was listed in the all stars group in the last thread, I thought that meant I made it into the competitiion, lol. I have been forcing myself to work on a new song for the next round despite having no other motivation besides the compeition. I guess I will take break from the song now. Good luck to everyone who made it in!

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-14 19:39:39

@Djabbic
@8-bitheroes

Yeah, sorry. You see: there wasn't really any organized system for reviewing in the last round. I simply encouraged the judges to review the submissions they were scoring if they wanted to, but many didn't have time. I reviewed ALL of the submissions I scored (in Underdogs and All-Stars group), and @Troisnyx reviewed most of hers, but they were also only in All-Stars. Unfortunately, the Prof. Amateurs kind of got the short end of the stick on that one, but I'll make sure that changes for this round. ;) If you guys are lucky, I can review a few from the Prof. Amateurs before I leave for work tomorrow. ^^

~Andrew

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-15 03:41:13

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-15 04:54:12

Finally have a good working theme, and I really like where it's going. Surprised to see people turning in songs already - 7 days left to polish!

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-15 05:06:29

I'm going to have to cut mine close, I can't finish the vocals until the end of next week. :(

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-15 08:26:35

At 8/15/14 08:23 AM, TheGoatee wrote: Gypsy, African, Jazz, or Western.....hmm.......

Hard rock, hair metal, heavy metal or symphonic power metal? ... hmm... ^_^

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-15 12:17:54

I've got my submission. I hope you guys like it. ^_^;;

[✖] Play a live show. | [✖] Sell music.

[✔] Sound design for games. | [✔] Produce an OST for film. | [✔] Get creepy fans. | [✔] Get awesome fans.

Moving up the ladder.

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-15 15:16:26

At 8/15/14 03:06 PM, Lich wrote: Symphonic Blackened Death Metal, doo ettt

Right now it's erm... symphonic hair metal? I just wish I could sing like Klaus Meine!

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-15 17:59:14

I have no idea what the genre of my song is.

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-16 09:44:51

OMAGAD I NEARLY DIED.
3:16 into my project, vocals, everything, about to start a solo then my computer crashed during a save because of my UX2. Rebooted... Corrupted project file! AH!
Luckily Reaper makes backups every 10 actions. Dodged a bullet there! *wipes sweat off brow*

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-16 10:05:47

At 8/16/14 09:44 AM, MetalRenard wrote: OMAGAD I NEARLY DIED.
3:16 into my project, vocals, everything, about to start a solo then my computer crashed during a save because of my UX2. Rebooted... Corrupted project file! AH!
Luckily Reaper makes backups every 10 actions. Dodged a bullet there! *wipes sweat off brow*

OMG OMG OMG we are both Reaperians!! *.*

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-16 10:23:11

At 8/16/14 09:44 AM, MetalRenard wrote: OMAGAD I NEARLY DIED.

Happened once to me with FL Studio, but I hadn't enabled the backup feature :/

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-16 14:17:19

Backups have saved me so many times it's scary. Always enable the backup feature, folks!
Also, keep a backup of your PC on an external drive and update it every 3 months. You'll be happy you did one day.

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-16 19:02:29

Welp, this was completed faster than I expected.

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-17 18:29:03

we've started working on something for this round, haven't forgotten - things just got a bit busy with us.
hope to turn in Tuesday. Might cut it close, we'll see.

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-17 18:55:52

OMAGAD dying again.
Just broke the main fan on my PC case like a moron (opened it while it was on... feeling stupid now). I'm buying a new one but it won't arrive before Friday. I can probably use my PC with the broken fan, it just wobbles a bit, but I don't want to overdo it. Luckily my song is 98% finished, just a few mixing tweaks to do.

*cries*

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-17 19:32:04

At 8/17/14 06:55 PM, MetalRenard wrote: OMAGAD dying again.
Just broke the main fan on my PC case like a moron (opened it while it was on... feeling stupid now). I'm buying a new one but it won't arrive before Friday. I can probably use my PC with the broken fan, it just wobbles a bit, but I don't want to overdo it. Luckily my song is 98% finished, just a few mixing tweaks to do.

*cries*

Wow, that sounds terrible...if it makes you feel more comfortable working on your project, I'll be willing to make an exception to the rules and give you (and only you) a 24-hour extension. If your fan isn't in by Saturday, we can talk about it. This contest has been tough for you, hasn't it? First the whole I'm-judging-Troisnyx-and-she's-judging-me thing and now THIS? :O

@AnalogByNature That should be fine. You have until Friday to submit it anyway, so don't worry. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-17 19:34:10

At 8/17/14 06:55 PM, MetalRenard wrote: OMAGAD dying again.
Just broke the main fan on my PC case like a moron (opened it while it was on... feeling stupid now).

Dude, you have the shittiest luck. Wow.

Throw frozen vegetables into your pc. It'll keep it cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-17 20:58:10

Got this cheap one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002QVLBM2/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item
Apparently it's quiet too, and it had free postage/packaging. If I need another it's no big loss to replace this one in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-19 06:32:02

This is my attempt, unfortunately i haven't had alot of time to work on music lately.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/585356?updated=1

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-19 10:22:56

I had no idea this had become a real thing. I really should check out the forums more often so I don't miss out on great opportunities like this... :(

BBS Signature

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-19 13:09:40

Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 2014-08-19 15:30:33

woooooooooooooooo! Just got this done before Friday! finally... sorry that this is non traditional guys.

but i really hope you like medieval vgm. enjoy

ps. good job to the other entries, themz tracks be nice yo

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/585385?updated=1

Music Composer & Sound Designer

Website | BandCamp

SoundCloud | YouTube