00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ahmad117 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need Video Game Songs

1,908 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need Video Game Songs 2014-07-30 22:36:47

I need some fun music for my new game which I haven't named yet. I have pictures and above or below or wherever they are and they don't have finished textures. This is going to be an android game and I hope to finish it by August 13. I am fine with pushing it back though. The type of music I need are:
FUN
some retro style but not too retro feeling
Listen to some happy Little Big Planet 1, 2, or especially karting music for inspiration
2-3 songs for the gameplay
and 1 song that has to be a loop and is a little more main menu or peaceful but still fun

You don't have to make all of the songs by your self. You can make 1 or 2 songs and let someone else make the other songs. If you need more pictures or a video just ask me or pm me. Don't burn yourself out.

I will PAY you with percentages of what the game makes.
I will judge your music and give you your percentages based on how great your song was and how much your song fits into the game. (2% - 5%)

I need Video Game Songs

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-07-31 07:48:12

At 7/30/14 10:36 PM, PotatoMasha wrote: I will PAY you with percentages of what the game makes.
I will judge your music and give you your percentages based on how great your song was and how much your song fits into the game. (2% - 5%)

While there are people here who would accept a deal like that from developers they never worked with before/don't know on a personal level, I have to warn you the second line I quoted looks really bad from a musician's perspective. It implies you'd put in a song you're less than satisfied with in your game just because it got submitted, and then decide its value despite the fact you're using it the same as other songs you put in the game.

Consider that anyone who made a track you're going to use put in time and effort to make it, and if they're all going to be featured in your game, it makes no sense to give different percentages for the same service based on subjective values. You're not paying upfront, so you're not looking for contractors, but partners taking the risk they won't see any money from this. Also, if you imply you'd put in songs that you don't think fit the game to a T or that you don't see as fantastic, that says a lot about the quality control in this project.

In short, you might want to consider changing that policy and avoiding a bad reputation.

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/ryunocore

Need custom music or SFX for your project? http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1361543

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-07-31 19:41:18

Thank you I will am changing this right now. I thought that it would make the musicians want to make a better song for higher pay. Thanks!

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-07-31 20:09:00

Ya there's no way I can edit or delete this so Il just stick with it.

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-06 12:04:26

I PM you

-Desolo Zantas

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-06 13:42:20

He's got a point. I'd be willing to help, but it sounds like I'd be almost working for free "with promise of payment". I wouldn't mind producing music for the game, but payment based upon a scale of "how great your song was" doesn't seem like a good measurable for a musician. I'd recommend a reposting if possible. No offense ^^'

At 7/31/14 07:48 AM, Ryuno074 wrote:
At 7/30/14 10:36 PM, PotatoMasha wrote: I will PAY you with percentages of what the game makes.
While there are people here who would accept a deal like that from developers they never worked with before/don't know on a personal level, I have to warn you the second line I quoted looks really bad from a musician's perspective. It implies you'd put in a song you're less than satisfied with in your game just because it got submitted, and then decide its value despite the fact you're using it the same as other songs you put in the game.

Consider that anyone who made a track you're going to use put in time and effort to make it, and if they're all going to be featured in your game, it makes no sense to give different percentages for the same service based on subjective values. You're not paying upfront, so you're not looking for contractors, but partners taking the risk they won't see any money from this. Also, if you imply you'd put in songs that you don't think fit the game to a T or that you don't see as fantastic, that says a lot about the quality control in this project.

In short, you might want to consider changing that policy and avoiding a bad reputation.

Music Composer & Sound Designer

Website | BandCamp

SoundCloud | YouTube

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-06 14:00:00

No offense taken. I was trying to repost it but I can't edit it.

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-06 14:23:59

Here is one image of the title screen (Unfinished).

I need Video Game Songs

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-06 14:25:42

And here is an updated image of the gameplay. I am currently working on the health bar and the text is going to be in place for any android screen.

I need Video Game Songs

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-12 19:01:00

I am not going to finish it by the 13th I. The game needs more time to finish. I hope to finish it in 1 to 2 more weeks. I don't want to push it out in the end like I have with my previous games so once the game is finished I will probably publish it to the android market a couple days after to ensure everything is working properly and to make banners.

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-29 19:51:42

To everyone who is currently making music for this game, I hope to finish the game this monday night. I will publish it Thursday or Friday night for better revenue. If you cannot complete the song you are currently working on I can put it in a later update.

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-30 20:26:44

At 7/30/14 10:36 PM, PotatoMasha wrote: I need some fun music for my new game which I haven't named yet. I have pictures and above or below or wherever they are and they don't have finished textures. This is going to be an android game and I hope to finish it by August 13. I am fine with pushing it back though.
I will PAY you with percentages of what the game makes.

It's always good to specify how much you estimate the game making, I'm guessing an very small amount. Games of this scale are generally best using Creative Commons and Royalty Free music. Hardly anybody has reason to write music for a game that does not seem to attract many players, and generate little revenue. You'll end up with better quality and simplicity if you use some of the great free resources already available to developers.

Sound Design Feel free to contact for Sfx under Creative Commons, and I'll send them to you!

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-31 04:40:21

I could make some music for you .. Free :) .. I dont know what kind of music you want to apply to your game.
But check my music maybe there is something in for you.. If its the genre you like or want to.
PM me.

BBS Signature

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-08-31 07:19:36

Your welcome to use my tracks if you like. Aim fire run and my 8-bit destiny are both very video gamey tunes so have a look if your at a loose end.

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-09-01 06:27:26

At 8/6/14 12:04 PM, DesoloZ wrote: I PM you

Can you Please sent me also song in pm please i cannot find the link here..

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-09-01 23:08:53

http://www.newgrounds.com/pm/send/potatomasha
Its under my icon image thingy

Response to I need Video Game Songs 2014-09-15 23:12:45

Hey man! are you still looking for a musician for your game? I would love to show you some stuff I have written if youre interested! I'm not accepting payment right now-I am starting out and I am simply seeing what others think of the stuff I write, and if it gets used then I would be overjoyed. All I ask is that if my music is used, I am given credit :) If the spot has already been taken, then that's fine! I just thought I'd give it a shot :) let me know and good luck with your game!

Coleton