00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb!

2,505 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 09:51:03

Hey everyone, many people were discussing that there's a lack of integration in the audio community so we're running a group over on Facebook to boost communication. Although we do have a lounge, social media websites are easier to access and communicate over, and much easier for mobile.

Whether you want to advertise your track, get to know people, ask for help, or share upcoming tracks, talk music or anything audio related we now have an active group available to do so! So feel free to join!

You can join here:
Newgrounds Audio Community Facebook Group

Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 11:22:55

At 3/12/14 10:06 AM, Bspendlove wrote: Awesome, might encourage me to talk more instead of hiding ;)

Great! I'm also encouraging people to put up information they want to, so we'll have a resource area too that will get built on. Helping people for the first time get into the genre they want to.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 15:10:27

Don't join!!! I warn you! It's all a LIEEE! It's a goverment conspiracy, I tell you... they are aliens spying on us, gathering information about our weaknesses before they finaly invade us.
They are brainwashing you... @PeterSatera

Hey Peter... is that you?
... wait... what are you doing?!.... no stop
What are you doing to me?!!... NOOOOOARGHHDSFMMM....

O_O Please join our group. Don't be afraid. We are nice people. Join and eat cookies with us.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 15:33:43

At 3/12/14 09:51 AM, PeterSatera wrote: Hey everyone, many people were discussing that there's a lack of integration in the audio community so we're running a group over on Facebook to boost communication. Although we do have a lounge, social media websites are easier to access and communicate over, and much easier for mobile.

Whether you want to advertise your track, get to know people, ask for help, or share upcoming tracks, talk music or anything audio related we now have an active group available to do so! So feel free to join!

You can join here:
Newgrounds Audio Community Facebook Group

mmm,
i dunno tbh.. im not very fond of sharing my facebook with my real name with people i dont know, and i dont have a phone (and will never have one) but i do like the idea.

How does this work, do people actually come to talk to me on my wall if i sign up for that group and see my posts?
(never joined a group before, im new to facebook)

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 19:26:55

Oh COmeon accept me already :D

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 19:37:27

At 3/12/14 03:10 PM, InYourDreams wrote: O_O Please join our group. Don't be afraid. We are nice people. Join and eat cookies with us.

Oh! I like cookies. I'm gonna go sign up.

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 19:43:39

Cal. Basically when clicking the link you join the group. Nobody will be able to post on your personal wall, all comments are kept to the group. If you personal account is private it will remain that way, you simply will have a group icon to the left where we all chat. Its like a page, but more suited toward communities. Take a look, I've made it open for now.

Sorry for not accepting those waiting. I've done so now, Facebook app isn't great at accepting requests for groups. Let me know if anyone has problems.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 20:27:00

it bothers me a little that the "who's who" doc isn't alphabetised in any way :v
i might fix that later!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 20:34:33

Facebook kind of annoys me, but I'll join for the support.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-12 20:42:52

circle jerk time

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-13 02:06:45

Crossing my fingers and hoping that my charm will not cause too much jealousy within the group. I imagine that if you join the group, then you should expect to be Facebook stalked inevitably.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-13 04:26:39

At 3/13/14 02:06 AM, Bosa wrote: Crossing my fingers and hoping that my charm will not cause too much jealousy within the group. I imagine that if you join the group, then you should expect to be Facebook stalked inevitably.

Thats what i want to prevent, im very very reserved with my privacy, i just dont want people to be able to invade my personal life. I would be fine joining a group for aslong as people in that group cannot see my posts on my personal page, thats all.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-13 05:17:18

People still use Facebook?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-13 06:17:38

At 3/12/14 08:27 PM, midimachine wrote: it bothers me a little that the "who's who" doc isn't alphabetised in any way :v
i might fix that later!

Thats a good idea! Done!

At 3/13/14 02:06 AM, Bosa wrote: Crossing my fingers and hoping that my charm will not cause too much jealousy within the group. I imagine that if you join the group, then you should expect to be Facebook stalked inevitably.

Yeah I spoke to Cal about this, as he was saying, and yeah, people may try to add you, but if you are quite the private person, then they wont be able to access your profile, until you add them as a friend. So it's somewhat using your real name to talk on a group, rest is all up to you. I personally have everything on Private. :)

At 3/13/14 05:17 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: People still use Facebook?

Yup! XD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-13 06:22:20

Oh what the hell, joined.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-13 08:31:59

Fantastic! Facebook feels very flexible and convenient regarding interaction with a community of this sort. #hyped

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-17 21:50:25

I don't see why not.

I joined.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-17 23:13:38

At 3/12/14 07:37 PM, johnfn wrote:
At 3/12/14 03:10 PM, InYourDreams wrote: O_O Please join our group. Don't be afraid. We are nice people. Join and eat cookies with us.

I have a song you might like right here on NG :D

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-18 06:00:42

At 3/17/14 11:13 PM, frootza wrote:
I have a song you might like right here on NG :D

What if he doesn't? Are you prepared to compensate him? :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-19 06:28:46

This sounds fun. Requested to join; Michaël Duerinckx

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-19 06:40:29

At 3/19/14 06:28 AM, Mich wrote: This sounds fun. Requested to join; Michaël Duerinckx

approved by your local red head

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-19 23:31:08

Bet y'all can't guess who I am on that there website. >.>

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-20 06:04:12

I'd love to join but I absolutely hate Facebook

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-20 06:10:53

At 3/20/14 06:04 AM, Stealth-Emergence wrote: I'd love to join but I absolutely hate Facebook

That's fine, others wont join either, I keep telling people it's good from a business sense, for pushing yourself further and its more than just a spam site. But i dont hold it against anyone. I can tell you though, it's pretty active already. And we're sharing some awesome wip and things that imo making the group well worth the join for anyone who is into this community.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-20 10:28:35

At 3/20/14 06:10 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 3/20/14 06:04 AM, Stealth-Emergence wrote: I'd love to join but I absolutely hate Facebook
That's fine, others wont join either, I keep telling people it's good from a business sense, for pushing yourself further and its more than just a spam site. But i dont hold it against anyone. I can tell you though, it's pretty active already. And we're sharing some awesome wip and things that imo making the group well worth the join for anyone who is into this community.

yeah it is good for coordinating stuff and lots of people are on facebook alot so things get to people very quickly
facebooks great for messages and keeping in contact with people.

Satera, I'd join if this were a closed group just I don't want people on my facebook to know whenever I've posted in it and it would make it alot more exclusive

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-20 10:29:56

lmao just saw it is a closed group silly me, must have just been seeing friends on fb who are on NG posting

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-21 13:06:06

At 3/20/14 10:29 AM, AeroMusic wrote: lmao just saw it is a closed group silly me, must have just been seeing friends on fb who are on NG posting

Hah yeah, it was originally open to let people see it, its now closed because we're sharing alot of previews tests etc. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-25 02:42:26

Just sent a request to join. I'm looking to find more fans who can give me good feedback on my tracks.
This group seems like a nice bunch of lads.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-25 05:09:01

At 3/25/14 02:42 AM, nonono1 wrote: Just sent a request to join. I'm looking to find more fans who can give me good feedback on my tracks.
This group seems like a nice bunch of lads.

Yeah, there's been some tests and awesome feedback so far, so its pretty good for a test area. I think with the ease of mobile devices its quite easy to get constructive feedback quickly on it compared to a review on your track. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Community On Fb! 2014-03-27 20:54:37

At 3/18/14 06:00 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 3/17/14 11:13 PM, frootza wrote:

I think so. I can make some really good cookies. Yummy!

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature