00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Really Need Help With This Sound.

1,070 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The sound i'm referring both plays at the beginning of these songs. It's the bellish sounding synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNv5g_9EliQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTEIsrBJJRM

I've been trying to replicate this sound ever since I started making music about a moth and a half ago, but never could get it... It's always been my favorite sound used in songs, ever since WAY before I got into actually making music myself. If no one has the specifics on making it, can someone try to give me a name of what it would be called? I can find video tutorials on how to make so many sounds, but not that one =|

Response to I Really Need Help With This Sound. 2014-03-03 03:34:32

It sounds like it uses triangle or sine waves with some shallow, high rate lfo, and a slightly reduced attack. Hope this helps.

Response to I Really Need Help With This Sound. 2014-03-06 21:20:05

At 3/3/14 03:34 AM, FANTASHOW100 wrote: It sounds like it uses triangle or sine waves with some shallow, high rate lfo, and a slightly reduced attack. Hope this helps.

I'll try it out, but it feels like I've done that already... Can't use try it right now though because my computer is having some problems.

Is there any place or youtube channel that accepts requests on how to make certain sounds?

Response to I Really Need Help With This Sound. 2014-03-06 22:02:38

At 3/6/14 09:20 PM, Lethal-Input wrote:
At 3/3/14 03:34 AM, FANTASHOW100 wrote: It sounds like it uses triangle or sine waves with some shallow, high rate lfo, and a slightly reduced attack. Hope this helps.
I'll try it out, but it feels like I've done that already... Can't use try it right now though because my computer is having some problems.

Is there any place or youtube channel that accepts requests on how to make certain sounds?

sounds like rhodes or some sort of epiano
for the first one try combining a lowfi piano and bell sound - then add some synced delay with low feedback (I'll have a try making this sound tomoro mate)

Response to I Really Need Help With This Sound. 2014-03-06 22:04:35

At 3/6/14 10:02 PM, AeroMusic wrote:
At 3/6/14 09:20 PM, Lethal-Input wrote:

sounds like rhodes or some sort of epiano
for the first one try combining a lowfi piano and bell sound - then add some synced delay with low feedback (I'll have a try making this sound tomoro mate)

also @theotherguy
thats the most unhelpful help I've ever seen in my life lmao - lfo on what? reduced attack from wht? you're just saying words

Response to I Really Need Help With This Sound. 2014-03-07 00:55:55

They're both similar in that they're simulations of bells through synthesis, you can find a lot of presets on VSTs such as FM8 and the like that do this. You have to use several sounds that are harmonised but also slightly off-key.

The first uses an "arp" (arpeggio) for the rhythm while the second is played manually.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to I Really Need Help With This Sound. 2014-03-08 10:42:12

At 3/2/14 09:54 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: The sound i'm referring both plays at the beginning of these songs. It's the bellish sounding synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNv5g_9EliQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTEIsrBJJRM

I've been trying to replicate this sound ever since I started making music about a moth and a half ago, but never could get it... It's always been my favorite sound used in songs, ever since WAY before I got into actually making music myself. If no one has the specifics on making it, can someone try to give me a name of what it would be called? I can find video tutorials on how to make so many sounds, but not that one =|

Don't know how much progress you've made with this, and I know this isn't much help, but I'd try modulating the pitch of the sound your making slightly with a sine LFO - to give it that 'wobbling' tone.

Response to I Really Need Help With This Sound. 2014-03-09 23:56:28

I haven't started making the sound again yet because my computer is still messed up.

@Aero
Did you have any success in recreating the sound?

Response to I Really Need Help With This Sound. 2014-03-10 21:10:59

also @theotherguy
thats the most unhelpful help I've ever seen in my life lmao - lfo on what? reduced attack from wht? you're just saying words

Lfo on the filter and reduced attack on the note. Jesus fuck. I'm just used to ableton operator and my arturia microbrute.