00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Community Collaboration

3,407 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-18 13:58:41

Hey, it's been a while since I've been active doing anything Newgrounds related and this sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

I helped organize the Epic Battle of Guitar a while back, which failed miserably. But it did get me in contact with a good number of different rock and metal musicians, many of which I'm sure would very much enjoy doing something along these lines if we could get some variety of "standard" going. (Like a set of guidelines, some goals etc.)

OH! And I guess I should say I'm in for whatever it is comes from this :D

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-27 12:58:07

i haven't heard anything from the person that originally thought of this idea. this might not happen if someone doesn't step up and take lead or whatever.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-28 00:51:59

At 3/27/14 10:12 PM, Elitistinen wrote: How far is this project?

i'm not sure if it's even started yet. if it has, i'm obviously not part of it.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-28 15:10:55

A good way to bring attention to the Audio Portal would be to have an album full of collaborations by a multitude of artists; someone could organize a playlist of it on here and we could convince Tom to put a link or an advertisement of it on the frontpage.

Truth be told, I'm just curious to hear what a collab between:
@DanJohansen
@Metallica1136
@LichLordMusic
@Elitistinen

would sound like. Just imagine all the different combinations of genres possible.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-28 18:34:21

Haha, that would be awesome! We all should collab together for real. Good thinking, JRob!

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-28 19:31:49

It will be a miracle if this work! :D Let's see, Dan is classical, Metallica is metal, LichLord is aggrotech and I'm the mix bag.

I would love to have you play the violin solos, JRob!

Haha, we'll create a very unique sound for sure!

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-28 21:04:03

I'd be up for it!
'Symphonic Post-Industrial Metal' sounds like the best ever thing to try and make!

Same here! That sounds like an awesome new genre. Question though..who's gonna start the collab?

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-28 21:36:53

At 3/28/14 07:05 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Dan is classical

He does a lot of metal, too; and he also does vocal work on some of his songs. If he's up for it, maybe he and Lich could alternate doing vocals, like one section Dan does, then Lich does another section, etc.

I may have found a somewhat decent way to record it. I just need a good time when I can play (I play rather loud, so trying to record during quiet hours isn't exactly a good idea). I might need to do some extra audio editing afterwards, but I'm sure I can work it out.

At 3/28/14 09:04 PM, Metallica1136 wrote: Same here! That sounds like an awesome new genre. Question though..who's gonna start the collab?

That's a toughie. Maybe Elitistinen could start off with something cyberpunk styled, then you start doing some riffs, and then build from there.

At 3/28/14 08:11 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: I'd be up for it!
'Symphonic Post-Industrial Metal' sounds like the best ever thing to try and make!

Cradle of Filth has done a couple songs that kind of fit this,

I'm kind of disappointed they haven't done much other stuff like this

http://youtu.be/NzyyN1QleLc
http://youtu.be/W1GYxRfJsiU

but I'm sure it would sound even more interesting with your guys' styles.

BBS Signature

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-28 21:43:24

Also, @Metallica1136 I've been playing around on guitar a bit, and I've learned some of the limitations and such of the instrument, and I've also learned how to read tabs, so I can write some tabs if I come up with anything interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-28 22:42:40

At 3/28/14 10:30 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Haha, I did have a thought how ithe whole thing could lean towards. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Heavier Orchestral/Symphonic Elements of Sinphonicon mixed with the Aggro/Post-Industrial Metal-esq style of Psyclon Nine. Oh my lawd that would sound like such an Evil but badass combination!

With so many different possible combinations, I'm starting to think that if this actually becomes a collab, there could be multiple different songs, each with one style that is more prevalent.

If we had more major group collaborations like these, I'm pretty sure we could bring some attention to the Audio Portal. Any more pairing ideas anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-29 14:36:44

I just saw this thread, I don't usually browse the forums much. I am totally in if this becomes a thing. Collabs are fun.

Composing video game soundtracks and the occasional personal release :)

BBS Signature

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-29 14:50:39

At 3/9/14 10:30 PM, Bretzies wrote: I really like the sound of this, although I too am rather new here, but I would definitely enjoy collaborating with other producers / other artists and see what could come out! You can check out what I do (mainly dubstep with dark ambient moods) if you like, see if it could fit into whatever any of you have in mind :)

"Flyboy"
"Moonlight"
"Mist"

Out of all the people in this thread your style is the most similar to mine. I've been looking for a decent collab to help draw attention to the audio portal for many months. However, most people just do not follow through with the task.

Not sure where I would fit in, in all of this. I know I could provide an extensive library of various sounds and FX for a collaboration, I don't even care if the final product is not dnb. Convincing Tom to put this collab on the front page will require someone who has a relationship with the staff, or just a really high speech-craft skill :-p

Overall, I'm excited about this extensive collaboration idea. It can show people that newgrounds isn't just a bunch of heads scratching for recognition and glory, but a team of dedicated musicians who can work together to create something extraordinary.

I have joined the audio community on Facebook recently, I can broadcast the idea to them and see if they like the sound of it. Although, I'm not going to move forward on this if it is not organized and controlled in some form or another.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-29 16:03:28

At 3/29/14 02:50 PM, nonono1 wrote:
At 3/9/14 10:30 PM, Bretzies wrote: I really like the sound of this, although I too am rather new here, but I would definitely enjoy collaborating with other producers / other artists and see what could come out! You can check out what I do (mainly dubstep with dark ambient moods) if you like, see if it could fit into whatever any of you have in mind :)

"Flyboy"
"Moonlight"
"Mist"
Out of all the people in this thread your style is the most similar to mine. I've been looking for a decent collab to help draw attention to the audio portal for many months. However, most people just do not follow through with the task.

Not sure where I would fit in, in all of this. I know I could provide an extensive library of various sounds and FX for a collaboration, I don't even care if the final product is not dnb. Convincing Tom to put this collab on the front page will require someone who has a relationship with the staff, or just a really high speech-craft skill :-p

Overall, I'm excited about this extensive collaboration idea. It can show people that newgrounds isn't just a bunch of heads scratching for recognition and glory, but a team of dedicated musicians who can work together to create something extraordinary.

I have joined the audio community on Facebook recently, I can broadcast the idea to them and see if they like the sound of it. Although, I'm not going to move forward on this if it is not organized and controlled in some form or another.

i'm in the same boat as you. my style is fairly different than a lot of stuff i've heard on ng. but there are still styles worth mixing. i wouldn't mind working with someone with great skill in dnb or even dubstep. with that being said, i have a thing against dubstep, musically that is, i appreciate the culture and the people who make it, i just don't like it personally.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-31 07:46:16

and what about prices and judges? more like a contest where u need to work in the assigned groups? u can mix those groups idd with like 3 guys, doing different genre's or even doing the same genre cause everybody has some how there own style. u could idd create some master pieces then.

also before u starts this don't rush it and know that if u are the leader of the whole project that it takes a lot of your time. a skype group might idd be a good solution to think things threw.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-03-31 12:47:41

At 3/29/14 04:03 PM, deadbea7 wrote:
i'm in the same boat as you. my style is fairly different than a lot of stuff i've heard on ng. but there are still styles worth mixing. i wouldn't mind working with someone with great skill in dnb or even dubstep. with that being said, i have a thing against dubstep, musically that is, i appreciate the culture and the people who make it, i just don't like it personally.

I have issues finding people to collab with, because people who make music the way I do prefer to work alone (generally). I did collab on the Experimental collab back when we did that, but that was more of a community track building deal. I collaborated with sorohanro and satanicpotatoe to do a tribute to CAKE and I did vocals on some tracks TPMC asked people to do, but these were more about contributing separate parts. The closest thing to actually collaborating with people on NG was when I played bass for LaForge.

It'd be a cool experience for users to collaborate on some tracks.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-04-07 06:02:24

Whoever wants to work with me is welcome :3 Someone to help expand some base ideas would be grand.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-04-09 17:51:20

i'm still kind of a newb when it comes to electronic music, but i'll work with anyone that wants to make electronic music.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-04-11 17:30:59

At 3/28/14 08:11 PM, LichLordMusic wrote:
At 3/28/14 07:05 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 3/28/14 03:10 PM, JRob wrote: Truth be told, I'm just curious to hear what a collab between:
@DanJohansen
@Metallica1136
@LichLordMusic
@Elitistinen

would sound like. Just imagine all the different combinations of genres possible.
It will be a miracle if this work! :D Let's see, Dan is classical, Metallica is metal, LichLord is aggrotech and I'm the mix bag.

I'd be up for it!

Would be cool, I don`t do only classical though, I mostly do metal actually. I`ve just recently done mostly classical due to the album I was making.

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-04-11 20:07:36

OMG how come no one mentioned CTSG? CTSG was an auido forum collab a number of years ago that let people in the audio portal combine clips as a sort of exquisite corpse exposé. Audio:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/859161

Read the tread for details. They also formed a second which if I recal turned out great results as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-04-11 20:11:12

Guh. Fucked up the links in my post. In any case a lot of the info is there. Just realized the first CTSG was done in 2008. My freshman year at college. WHY AM I GETTING OLDER STILL!>!>!11???

BBS Signature

Response to Community Collaboration 2014-04-11 20:55:21

You and Metaljonus can really shred on guitar. I'm getting there, though it's a long road.

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"