00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

scopsilk just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking For Programmers - Paid.

480 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking For Programmers - Paid. 2013-12-11 18:53:01

Hello programmers,

I am an artist and animator here on Newgrounds, and I run a freelance agency which, up until recently, has specialized only in art and writing. I have been trying to branch out into the world of game development professionally and have had three consecutive programmers fail to deliver for varying reasons. I want to take another shot at it, and I feel that recruiting a stranger instead of a friend will help things move along a bit better.

The name of the agency is KotR Art & Design;we are technically a collective, not a company, so if you make more than the specific amount for your area you will be subject to freelance/self employment tax. If you are not sure about this I can help you figure it out. For New York State, where I live (not NYC - it is different there), if you make over approx. $10,000 from freelance work you must file.

You will basically be working as an on-call programmer; if I score an interview for a job, I'll contact you immediately and ask if you think you can do it. I will need a means of contact which you can reply to within 24 hours at absolute maximum.

Payment will vary per-job,which I will discuss with you as I negotiate with the client so you can agree or disagree. Generally I will split the pay in half, but at OUR discretion one of us may make more money on a job than the other depending on how art-centric or code-centric the project is.

If you accept a job, I expect your full attention to it until it is completed.
Payment will be made via Paypal.
I will pay you at milestones to begin with to build your trust, as I know how scary freelance work can be.
If you need some proof of my work history as a freelancer, I will show you some of my contracts.
Past projects of mine have been anywhere from a $15 quick job that I did over a lunch break, to a two week long $900 animation contract.

Contact will be NECESSARY on a daily basis - you will update me on your progress once per day unless otherwise agreed (i.e. you have some obligations that prevent you from working for a day).

Keep in mind that you will be working WITH me, not FOR me; we are on equal ground and I will value your input into every project. However in the end all executive decisions are ultimately MINE as it is my reputation on the line. I am finding and negotiating the contracts and all feedback reflects publicly on me.

I primarily need people who can code for mobile devices - iOS and Android - as this is the primary market. However, web designers and any other coders are welcome to join my pool of contacts. I currently only do 2D work, so you do not need knowledge of 3D programming.

If you are interested, please respond here or via PM with the following information:

What language(s) are you skilled in, in order from most proficient to least proficient?
-

What is your age?
-

On average, what days of the week are you available to work, and for how long?
-

What experience do you have in actual development (i.e. completed programs/games)? Please provide links.
-

Why are you interested in being a part of this art and design collective? (i.e. do you need another source of income, just looking for extra side money, looking to build your portfolio, etc.)
-

There is NO LIMIT to the number of people I can add to this pool, as everyone will naturally have different skillsets - please do not hesitate to apply if you are interested. Please, SERIOUS applicants only.

------

p.s. This is a repost from the programming forum, with permission from a moderator.

(>'-')>