00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mihun just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who Wants Make A Shmup?

595 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Who Wants Make A Shmup? 2013-12-09 01:04:15

Before you read the rest of this, please play this demo! (Don't forget to left click in the game to register keyboard keys and zoom out the browser to see the entire game)

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/724895bddb917649c4b7b72db32c60ed

First of all, I designed and programed the entire thing from scratch! However, all the art, sound effects, and music is either not my own or poorly made! That's what I need help in! I have the entire game designed, from front to back, but I just need talent to back me up on this one! I am looking for a dedicated Artists and a Composers!

Honestly, I want to make this a fantastic Kickstarter project, so I am looking for that kind of dedication! However, if it doesn't turn out that way, I still would like people to help me finish it just as a first project! So, what would I like, do you ask?

Artists

At least 1 Artists needed, but will take 2.

I need samples of your art for starters! Also, if you could create concept art for the Main Character! The Main Character is a lone apprentice wizard. His power is limited, but he is determined and his courage is bountiful! The style of the game is dark, yet colorful! Examples of this style can be seen from games such as Odin Sphere on the PS2 or Grim Grimoire on the PS2. The art will primarily be sprite based.

Composers

One needed for music and the other needed for Sound Effects.

First off, if you could give me your samples, that would be great! If you could make a 30 second piece The style of the music varies. The boss battles should sound decisive and powerful. Examples of this is Yoko Shimomura, who has composed for Kingdom Hearts and Radiant Historia. The Level music should match the environment, of course, but have sounds from the environment included in the making of the piece. Examples of this is Donkey Kong Country, composed by David Wise.

If you have any information at all or would like to join in, please PM me! I hope I can work with awesome people, so show me your awesomeness!

wolftriplex

Who Wants Make A Shmup?