00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kaptaincarl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Fine Art By Polyverse

4,518 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-06 17:30:01

Ok admins, this will be my last and only thread for my artwork, I know you just killed all my posts for double posting, sorry i didnt know the rules. Please keep this one alive and ill make sure not to post anywhere else.

that being said, I just started drawing, in general. I have been on newgrounds for a long time for music/vids, and I know the people here are great commenters and advice givers, so id like you newgrounders to give me feedback on my art work now.

please give helpful advice and not just bash my art work
I am here to be crediqued, but not insulted

the polyverse holds us all, all the infinite possibilities we hold. Somewhere, our dreams are as real as life its self.

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-06 17:31:44

sexy no jutsu naruto here, first post is yoruichi from bleach

the polyverse holds us all, all the infinite possibilities we hold. Somewhere, our dreams are as real as life its self.

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-06 17:33:37

random slutty anime chick, first pic I drew in years, first was this, then the naruto pic, then yoruichi. Am I getting better with time? ive only been learning to draw for a week now!

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 13:52:55

Heres a self portrait of myself lol

not a serious one, but it resembles me pretty closely, hehe

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 13:54:55

i didnt draw the portrait to this picture, i just looked in the mirror,

took this pic after the drawing to show you all the inspiration lol

btw, this is me not giving a shit how i look and stoned

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 15:52:04

At 8/7/13 01:54 PM, PolyVerse wrote: i didnt draw the portrait to this picture, i just looked in the mirror,

took this pic after the drawing to show you all the inspiration lol

btw, this is me not giving a shit how i look and stoned

Big Jonny, is that you?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 15:59:58

At 8/6/13 05:33 PM, PolyVerse wrote: random slutty anime chick, first pic I drew in years, first was this, then the naruto pic, then yoruichi. Am I getting better with time? ive only been learning to draw for a week now!

1. She's not slutty. She's tied up and bound. That's you being rapey.
2. She's not anime. There's barely a halfassed attempt at anime eyes/hair. How bout you NOT use anime as a base?
3. She's not a chick, she's a mutated blob consisting of a face and a vagina. You're even too lazy to draw feet ffs.

I know you've been 'drawing for a week', but frankly, this is disturbing. Start out with simple stick figures or something because your supposedly sexy anime chicks are juvenile in subject and laughingly bad in technical aspect.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 16:06:53

At 8/7/13 03:52 PM, Carrion wrote: Big Jonny, is that you?

Not even close

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 21:51:21

At 8/7/13 03:59 PM, test-object wrote:
At 8/6/13 05:33 PM, PolyVerse wrote: random slutty anime chick, first pic I drew in years, first was this, then the naruto pic, then yoruichi. Am I getting better with time? ive only been learning to draw for a week now!
2. She's not anime. There's barely a halfassed attempt at anime eyes/hair. How bout you NOT use anime as a base?
3. She's not a chick, she's a mutated blob consisting of a face and a vagina. You're even too lazy to draw feet ffs.

I know you've been 'drawing for a week', but frankly, this is disturbing. Start out with simple stick figures or something because your supposedly sexy anime chicks are juvenile in subject and laughingly bad in technical aspect.

1: she is slutty, she likes it... theres worse shit out there, now shadman is rapey
2: thats opinionated, and i will admit that picture sucks ass, but its the first one ive pretty much ever drawn, once again, plenty of worse shit out there for peoples first drawing.
3: ran out of paper, also, try more technical advice giving, thats the only thing appreciated and i think you know that

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 21:58:54

At 8/7/13 04:06 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
Not even close

hahaha, i cant believe that I resembled someone the fave i did lol

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 22:21:23

At 8/7/13 09:51 PM, PolyVerse wrote:

1: she is slutty, she likes it... theres worse shit out there, now shadman is rapey
2: thats opinionated, and i will admit that picture sucks ass, but its the first one ive pretty much ever drawn, once again, plenty of worse shit out there for peoples first drawing.
3: ran out of paper, also, try more technical advice giving, thats the only thing appreciated and i think you know that

Your stuff is.. rough. Yeah I know you are new. That's ok. You should start with the basics. Especially anatomy and try different poses before you go for all the naughty stuff. Even if you are hell bent on the anime/manga style. Many would discourage that but hey draw what makes you happy. But practice is key. This is an excellent place to start learning Basics and Tutorials. Here is a good place to study Poses. Also drawing nudes a figure is a good start. But try a more realistic approach until you get some drawing experience then go for the anime. To find some good figures to draw since you like the ladies, go to google type in "boobies" turn off the filter and BAM! plenty of nudes to "study". The self portrait was a good attempt. I suggest drawing everything. Draw from life, but most important draw. You are gonna suck. Just how it is. But practice, improve , draw, and post. Keep at it!

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 22:22:59

Your stuff is.. rough. Yeah I know you are new. That's ok. You should start with the basics. Especially anatomy and try different poses before you go for all the naughty stuff. Even if you are hell bent on the anime/manga style. Many would discourage that but hey draw what makes you happy. But practice is key. This is an excellent place to start learning Basics and Tutorials. Here is a good place to study Poses. Also drawing nudes a figure is a good start. But try a more realistic approach until you get some drawing experience then go for the anime. To find some good figures to draw since you like the ladies, go to google type in "boobies" turn off the filter and BAM! plenty of nudes to "study". The self portrait was a good attempt. I suggest drawing everything. Draw from life, but most important draw. You are gonna suck. Just how it is. But practice, improve , draw, and post. Keep at it!

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 23:45:16

Not even close

You're right, this guy can at least kinda draw.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-07 23:53:44

At 8/7/13 11:45 PM, Carrion wrote:
Not even close
You're right, this guy can at least kinda draw.

ZING!

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 01:07:19

trying to build on the basics. tell me what you think :) cant figure out how to draw veins not all thick and creepy

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 01:29:37

At 8/8/13 01:07 AM, PolyVerse wrote: trying to build on the basics. tell me what you think :) cant figure out how to draw veins not all thick and creepy

Not a bad attempt at a hand. Hands are hard to draw.

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 02:51:36

At 8/7/13 03:59 PM, test-object wrote: 1. She's not slutty. She's tied up and bound. That's you being rapey.

True, but that drawing should be judged on its own merits, not relative to other poeple's first drawing and not even compared to your experience level. There is nothing wrong with admitting that your starting point is very weak, that only gives you more room to grow.

That was technical advice: "she's not a chick, she's a mutated blob" = Study anatomy. "You ran out of paper" = Try to think about your composition before you start drawing. Do a light sketch to see what goes where. That way it's easier to get proportions right (see 2) and you make sure you don't run out of paper unexpectedly.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 10:51:35

At 8/8/13 02:51 AM, J-qb wrote: That was technical advice: "she's not a chick, she's a mutated blob" = Study anatomy. "You ran out of paper" = Try to think about your composition before you start drawing. Do a light sketch to see what goes where. That way it's easier to get proportions right (see 2) and you make sure you don't run out of paper unexpectedly.

Yo J-qb, I need a translator like you to make my words sweeter. How much do you charge per sentence?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 19:12:20

True, but that drawing should be judged on its own merits, not relative to other poeple's first drawing and not even compared to your experience level. There is nothing wrong with admitting that your starting point is very weak, that only gives you more room to grow.
That was technical advice: "she's not a chick, she's a mutated blob" = Study anatomy. "You ran out of paper" = Try to think about your composition before you start drawing. Do a light sketch to see what goes where. That way it's easier to get proportions right (see 2) and you make sure you don't run out of paper unexpecte

wish i could just delete that slut, i see how bad she is now that im doing more drawings. for now on, nobody judge that picture, im not proud of it and i shouldnt had posted it. Now everybody is welcome to judge my new rei drawing, I actually spent a minute on that

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 19:20:11

heres rei from evangelion

this is something i put effort into, so id especially appreciated criticism on this one

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 19:31:59

A common recommendation for anime artists is to stop drawing anime and start drawing real anatomy. Then go back to anime.

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 20:11:23

At 8/8/13 07:31 PM, PMMurphy wrote: A common recommendation for anime artists is to stop drawing anime and start drawing real anatomy. Then go back to anime.

thats good advice, that being said what about my rei picture is off, feel free to red line.

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 21:11:31

At 8/8/13 08:11 PM, PolyVerse wrote:
At 8/8/13 07:31 PM, PMMurphy wrote: A common recommendation for anime artists is to stop drawing anime and start drawing real anatomy. Then go back to anime.
thats good advice, that being said what about my rei picture is off, feel free to red line.

I'm on tons of art websites. My anatomy isn't very good. Go to conceptart.org, they would love to red line your work.

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-08 23:03:56

At 8/8/13 08:11 PM, PolyVerse wrote:

To be blunt, a red line isn't really going to help all that much here. This isn't in a position where simple corrections can be made and they fix the leak in the sunken boat. This is in need of a complete retool from the ground up.
I would honestly suggest to scrap this and start over.
Look up some reference on the pose. You seem to be able to get the idea that this is Rei well enough, so don't worry so much about hunting up some reference of her, just the pose.
Google will become your friend quickly on this task. As well as many pose communities and some model sites.
Use photo reference to help your anatomy lessons along. That is if you don't have access to a live person who is willing to sit still for hours on end for you to practice.

So keep at it, and good luck

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-09 01:17:02

Look up some reference on the pose. You seem to be able to get the idea that this is Rei well enough, so don't worry so much about hunting up some reference of her, just the pose.

shes leaning against a wall, maybe i should i had drawn that. does her pose make sense now?

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-09 01:23:47

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-10 16:26:12

Thanks, I think what I really need is a wooden doll

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-11 07:04:19

Well the guy has the desire to do art. I say we shouldn't judge him just because he happens to favor doing some anime. You have to start somewhere right? Anime is still art, and doing some form of art is better than doing nothing at all. Although your art does need a lot of polishing but that's alright. You just need to improve your understanding of how human bodies look and work. I suggest figure drawing and shading as a start with your quest to be a great artist. It would help you a lot. I personally have no qualms regarding anime and I don't really care either way. But if you're going to go through this path you should at least know how to do it properly.

I can tell that you want to improve, but you can't do that unless your willing to actually listen to what your peers have to tell you at this point. Sure, you can go about it your own way. I can respect that. But you can't see the whole picture with your eyes alone. You'll need the eyes of others who look at your things at different perspectives. You can use them to map out the flaws you can't see for yourself. I know some of them may sound like assholes but they don't really mean it. They want to help you with your art. Take that to heart and you'll be awesome in no time.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-11 09:57:08

At 8/10/13 04:26 PM, PolyVerse wrote: Thanks, I think what I really need is a wooden doll

meh, that isn't going to be all that helpful to you yet. You have to some base understanding of human anatomy before stuff like that become really useful.
Honestly, do some life drawing and some still life before you get any mannequins Really look up how the human body actually works and after you've done a couple hundred hours of study and practice, then get a doll to do some posing.

The reason for this is the doll is more like a skeleton rather than an actual body. And just seeing the skeleton will not tell you where to put the proper muscles and proportions.

Listen to 50 and GayHobbit, go get books and study them, go get photos and study them, Get some really good friends or a kinky girl friend and study them. I'm talking like stalker fashion of study.

You can keep drawing anime for fun, and as an end result, but you'll find that doing all this we are telling you will accelerate you to being an anime styled artist much faster than simply just drawing anime.

Good luck and keep practicing.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Fine Art By Polyverse 2013-08-11 12:08:04

Study anatomy, and form, and you'll get A LOT better. Study proportions. Other than that, way 2 go!