00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Publishing Update

38,383 Views | 137 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 08:09:29

At 7/25/13 03:29 AM, CiviLies wrote: Tom, why are you still wearing those stupid red shades?

Vnzi's too cool to tell Tom to grow up and fix his icon, and I asked her... Tom, it looks like someone hacked your account and poo-pooed doughnut jelly all over your faic. Hope you can get the game medal in-page embed thing back to where it used to be - all the other changes look good and serve their purpose well!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 08:44:15

At 7/25/13 07:44 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 7/25/13 07:12 AM, Asandir wrote: here is a picture to explain it better:
Come on man, just accept those friend requests!

The problem is that they are from spam (?) accounts. When I decline them, I get the request again some time later so I just let them unanswered. I declined them again for now.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 09:40:19

I keep getting this error every time I try playing an audio submission:

"Your Browser does not support flash/html5 audio playback.!!!"

I have Chrome version 28.0.1500.72 m

I made a few online tests to see if my browser supports html5 audio playback and I don't seem to have any problem with it. On the other hand, I can play flash games and movies here perfectly.

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 11:21:56

At 7/25/13 11:20 AM, VinnyXY wrote: And then there are some other times when the whole set-up of the submission is just screwed up for some reason.

The animation/game would not load. Instead, it's just a little black screen. I tried refreshing my page, but that didn't do any good. And everything else is not at where it's supposed to be. See the screenshot below.

This problem has started occurring since the release of this new update.

Yup! Just the same for me. No voting bar and most submissions go with the black screen. Only games with medals seem to work. What browser are you using?

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 11:54:07

At 7/24/13 10:55 PM, Eggy wrote: I was like yay icon fixed then update its not :( damn it lol

Actually NOW it IS fixed!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 12:08:21

Hey Tom could you check out this suggestion I made in regards to the new stuff for voting?
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1345691#bbspost24737570_
post_text

I mean I like how its set up and all that but I feel not having the voting bar thing there may deter some people from voting because they might think they aren't able to vote anymore and might not see it popup (for some odd reason) after you click the Play button.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 12:14:27

Yay, great new fixes. Glad stuff is getting ironed out. Now I need to learn to make touch friendly games. ;_;

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 13:05:16

At 7/25/13 12:08 PM, Viper50 wrote: I mean I like how its set up and all that but I feel not having the voting bar thing there may deter some people from voting because they might think they aren't able to vote anymore and might not see it popup (for some odd reason) after you click the Play button.

Why should people have a chance to vote before they watch it? Unless they are just voting blindly for stats.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 13:17:32

At 7/25/13 01:21 AM, Exedor wrote: Sometimes, you don't need to watch something to know what to vote...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622173
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622131
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/621863

Well played sir, well played. Off topic: does anyone know if there's any way to see how many flashes there are on Newgrounds? I was just wondering ... If not, then: TOM!

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 13:26:09

At 7/25/13 01:17 PM, PixelDude12345 wrote: Well played sir, well played. Off topic: does anyone know if there's any way to see how many flashes there are on Newgrounds? I was just wondering ... If not, then: TOM!

Looking at the browse all sections under Movies and Games, there appear to be 147,840 movies and 68,324 games if my math is correct.

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 13:30:39

I just published some updates that cater to old versions of IE. You may need to clear your cache for them to kick in, but you should be able to vote again.

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 13:32:14

At 7/25/13 01:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 7/25/13 12:08 PM, Viper50 wrote: I mean I like how its set up and all that but I feel not having the voting bar thing there may deter some people from voting because they might think they aren't able to vote anymore and might not see it popup (for some odd reason) after you click the Play button.
Why should people have a chance to vote before they watch it? Unless they are just voting blindly for stats.

I'm not saying that they'd have a chance to vote before they watch it. I'm saying having the voting bar there but you won't be able to click on it til after you click Play for UJ flashes and then do what you're doing now with the flashes after they pass Judgement (probably should have added that last part...). Though I understand what you're talking about.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 13:42:26

Thanks! The voting bar is back and the submissions finally work.

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 14:00:17

Unable to view movies, play games, or listen to audio (the players don't show up, and on movies & games, the page is split into two columns like other users have posted - using safari) Art still works. I've cleared cache, etc. to no avail. Is everything still in limbo, or is it just me?

I'm assuming this issue is posing a challenge for the NGADM participants.
Also, looks like Game Jam 9, Robot Day 2013 and whatever else is held back.
We have a contest coming up for some free gear - going to hold off until things are ironed out.

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 14:09:50

At 7/25/13 02:00 PM, AnalogByNature wrote: Unable to view movies, play games, or listen to audio (the players don't show up, and on movies & games, the page is split into two columns like other users have posted - using safari) Art still works. I've cleared cache, etc. to no avail. Is everything still in limbo, or is it just me?

I'm assuming this issue is posing a challenge for the NGADM participants.
Also, looks like Game Jam 9, Robot Day 2013 and whatever else is held back.
We have a contest coming up for some free gear - going to hold off until things are ironed out.

Please provide HELPFUL information like your operating system and browser version. I can't fix problems without being able to replicate them, and I can't replicate them without knowing what environment is having problems.

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 14:37:17

Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Safari Ver. 5.0.5

Anything else I should be providing?

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 15:17:31

At 7/25/13 09:40 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: I keep getting this error every time I try playing an audio submission:

"Your Browser does not support flash/html5 audio playback.!!!"

Update, it fixed itself somehow. Thanks anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 15:27:43

Everything is top notch again with my Ubunto Linux system, checked on here & read it was fixed & voila... so it was!... back to voting as normal... No glitches to report, even my crap old firefox version is accepting the new update no bother.

And with regards to the user stating that it may deter people from voting if they can't see the voting bar... {due to sheer confusion or retardation, one of the 2} I get what you mean by saying make it would be easier by keeping the voting bar in sight but just not allow people to use it until they view/play the submission. At the same time though, that's what News Updates are for, it's up to the newgrounds community to check up on this kind of shit. Instead of sitting there whining & wondering "why isn't it working??!"

Lesson today, read Toms shit... cause he's the man with the knowledge

"Captain cabinets, trapped in cabinets. Can he get out? Will he get out? Course he will!"

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 15:44:45

I get the same problems as one person did a few posts up. The Players won't load for me either. Tested on WIndows XP with Firefox 22.0. Surprisingly, works fine with Firefox 22 on my Elementary OS Lappie....

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 15:45:25

At 7/25/13 03:27 PM, leeloohizumizero wrote: Lesson today, read Toms shit... cause he's the man with the knowledge

Yeah... the knowledge of all the hard and smart work being done by PsychoGoldfish!

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 15:46:04

At 7/25/13 03:44 PM, Mophead367 wrote: I get the same problems as one person did a few posts up. The Players won't load for me either. Tested on WIndows XP with Firefox 22.0. Surprisingly, works fine with Firefox 22 on my Elementary OS Lappie....

Did you clear your cache and reboot Firefox? Always gotta ask since it's the most common issue with js updates.

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 16:25:45

I've been banging my head testing on firefox 22.0, and safari 5.05/5.17 (both for windows 7) and I just can't replicate the problems you guys are having. Are any other users having issues with these particular browsers? Is every submission breaking, or just specific ones? What version is your flash plugin?

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 16:43:13

ok i don't know if this is the right place to post it or even if this topic already came up in the posts before but I'm just gonna go ahead. Since the last downtime no games are loading for me. the musik still works i did not check the movies though.

But whatever game i'm trying to play it doesn't even appear. There's just the black background of the newgrounds-side.

For reference my fierfox is on it's newest update.

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 16:46:00

flash as well

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 19:00:28

At 7/25/13 04:25 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I've been banging my head testing on firefox 22.0, and safari 5.05/5.17 (both for windows 7) and I just can't replicate the problems you guys are having. Are any other users having issues with these particular browsers? Is every submission breaking, or just specific ones? What version is your flash plugin?

I'm having the problem were the page is split up. I can't watch any movie or play any game. I'm using the latest version of chrome and Windows 8. Yesterday was normal, so I think the problems started today.

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 19:11:42

At 7/25/13 04:25 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I've been banging my head testing on firefox 22.0, and safari 5.05/5.17 (both for windows 7) and I just can't replicate the problems you guys are having. Are any other users having issues with these particular browsers? Is every submission breaking, or just specific ones? What version is your flash plugin?

Every submission that isn't a MOVIE movie (Flash games and Flash movies) does this for me:

http://pcat.cc/frogbag/NEWGLITCH.png

if that helps. It always stops at the File Info and doesn't even draw the bottom of that square, much less the actual movie. Tried with Autoplay Submissions on and off. This happens on my current Safari and my super ancient (3.0? 5.0? Firefox) Flash Player 1.8.800.94 (says there are no updates, Mac)

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 19:17:25

...nevermind

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 19:33:04

I was wondering if you could use media goblin as your new player http://mediagoblin.org/ .Its a free and open source under GNU AGPLv3. Also the software you created to view games in html 5 can you integrate it into media goblin and make the code under GNU AGPLv3

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 19:36:18

@PsychoGoldfish @tomfulp

I think I may know what the problem is...
I think newgrounds has some kind of scaling system for movies and games that were larger then content area.
The new update must have broke the scaling system.
The reason why you can reproduce this problem is probably because you are watching video smaller than the content area. try uploading a new video with a with of 1500, and you should see it break.

I hope this helps out.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-25 19:47:09

Well there seems to be two bug being talked about... sorry about that.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar