00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Edyborei just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Whistle Level: Deity

2,068 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 00:51:31

How do you get deity for whistle level?

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 00:53:57

At 5/30/04 12:51 AM, SpyGuy12990 wrote: How do you get deity for whistle level?

You flag submissions and blow the whistle on movies. You won't ever get it though. TheJoe just has too many points.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 01:05:16

I don't agree with that "Only oe person gets this or that" rule though... like the Diety whistle and the level 30...not that I would get eitheranyway. ^_~;;

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 01:07:21

Just so you know, only one person can hold the coveted diety whistle. Gold is basically just as hard, with only 2 people capable of having it. If I were you I would just be happy with your silver whistle and focus on "ranking up" in other ways.

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 01:09:10

At 5/30/04 01:05 AM, Aasha wrote: I don't agree with that "Only one person gets this or that" rule though... like the Diety whistle and the level 30...not that I would get eitheranyway. ^_~;;

Awww...you never know. Besides, there can be as many Diety whistle users as there are users with the same amount of points.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 02:13:28

Hoe many things does Joe Whistle?

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 02:15:48

At 5/30/04 02:13 AM, bumcheekcity wrote: Hoe many things does Joe Whistle?

I'm guessing...everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 06:54:56

First you kill Joe. Then you insanly whistle as many things as you can find. Reviews on the top 50 are a good place to start. Because anyone that gives a 0 review on a top 50 movie has got to be being abusive. Because there is no way any of them deserve a 0.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 07:07:02

First you kill Joe. Then you insanly whistle as many things as you can find. Reviews on the top 50 are a good place to start. Because anyone that gives a 0 review on a top 50 movie has got to be being abusive. Because there is no way any of them deserve a 0.

Doesn't always mean the Reviews gonna be deleted. You only get Whistle points for movies you've flagged, and then get deleted by Admin. People seem to think you get points just for flagging.

The worst member.

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 08:12:58

Yah well what can we do. Everyone would like the Deity whistle but sure as hell none of us are gonna get it.

But i would like to know who has the gold whistles ? Does anyone know ?

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 08:41:54

At 5/30/04 08:12 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:

Ramagi has one... nobody knows who is the other one, so maybe there's only one.

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 08:43:57

At 5/30/04 08:41 AM, Shpouiten wrote:
At 5/30/04 08:12 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
Ramagi has one... nobody knows who is the other one, so maybe there's only one.

I'v seen at least 3 users with the gold whistle, I dunno, maybe it was the same user all the time? I'm not sure.

Thanks to Ninjar for the sig. -NGSM

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 08:50:23

At 5/30/04 01:07 AM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: Just so you know, only one person can hold the coveted diety whistle.

You sure about that?

Didn't think so.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 08:58:06

At 5/30/04 08:50 AM, TheJoe324 wrote: You sure about that?

Didn't think so.

Man that must have been a long time ago...did they ever have a official vp rank in profiles?

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 10:02:13

Oh well then, thanks for proving a point but do you know the gold whistle holders Joe ?

I dont think they did Morph but ive only been around for 18 months or so. I remember the popularity rating though, that was fun.

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 10:05:14

At 5/30/04 10:02 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: I dont think they did Morph but ive only been around for 18 months or so. I remember the popularity rating though, that was fun.

i guess i know what my rank would have been for the popularity. DEAD LAST!

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 10:25:33

At 5/30/04 10:02 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Oh well then, thanks for proving a point but do you know the gold whistle holders Joe ?

ramagi. There don't have to be a set amount, To my knowledge, she's the only one that has enough whistle points to have a gold whistle.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 10:46:59

At 5/30/04 10:25 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
ramagi. There don't have to be a set amount, To my knowledge, she's the only one that has enough whistle points to have a gold whistle.

Really, wow. Thanks alot mate. I know im being an arse by asking all these questions, but just one more, lol.

Is there a certain amount of points that we need to get to gold, that people know of, or is it just the admins that know how many points we need ?

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 10:59:08

At 5/30/04 10:46 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Is there a certain amount of points that we need to get to gold, that people know of, or is it just the admins that know how many points we need ?

Since they haven't explained much about the whistle system, no one knows. My guess is that the amount needed to get gold is scaled by the amount the person with Deity has. Much like the experience system. And the reason ramagi has gold is because she has enough points to have it, not just because she has the second most points and whoever has the third most points also has it or something like that.

Just like if you just got to level 15, and humantarget deposits and the amount needed for level 15 is raised 5 more points than you have, you'll go back down to 14. If I get enough points, the amount needed for gold will raise to a higher number than ramagi has and she'll go back down to silver.

The only reason I think there were 2 - 3 golds around at the time the whistles were introduced was because no one really had that many points, so there were quite a lot of people that had the necessary amount to be gold. As that gap closed when people like ramagi and I started getting more and more points, others seemed to lose theirs because they didn't get as much and couldn't keep up with the amount needed to stay gold.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 12:00:32

At 5/30/04 10:59 AM, TheJoe324 wrote: Lots and Lots.

Thanks alot mate, i really appreciated that quite detailed answer. So in theory, i would have to whistle more movies reviews than you, to have a chance of getting a gold whistle ? I think thats right.

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 15:48:53

At 5/30/04 10:59 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
so there were quite a lot of people that had the necessary amount to be gold. As that gap closed when people like ramagi and I started getting more and more points, others seemed to lose theirs because they didn't get as much and couldn't keep up with the amount needed to stay gold.

I tasted it for about an hour and then poof! My gold whistle was gone. Like you said Joe people didn't keep up with you and ramagi and to be honest I can't even remember the last time I flagged an abusive review.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 15:50:08

At 5/30/04 03:48 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: I tasted it for about an hour and then poof! My gold whistle was gone. Like you said Joe people didn't keep up with you and ramagi and to be honest I can't even remember the last time I flagged an abusive review.

You had Gold too, Recon?

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 16:16:14

At 5/30/04 03:50 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 5/30/04 03:48 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: I tasted it for about an hour and then poof! My gold whistle was gone. Like you said Joe people didn't keep up with you and ramagi and to be honest I can't even remember the last time I flagged an abusive review.
You had Gold too, Recon?

Yeah, but for no more than an hour. It was pretty cool seeing it in my profile. I haven't gone review hunting for so long I'm surprised I still have the silver. You still going after abusive reviews?

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 16:20:09

At 5/30/04 04:16 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Yeah, but for no more than an hour. It was pretty cool seeing it in my profile. I haven't gone review hunting for so long I'm surprised I still have the silver. You still going after abusive reviews?

The odd time, but with Silver & no way of telling how many points I need, there is very little insentive.
Say, did you think to get a screen of the Gold in your profile? It'd be the first i'd do. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 16:36:30

At 5/30/04 04:20 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Say, did you think to get a screen of the Gold in your profile? It'd be the first i'd do. :)

Not enough time haha! I did the right click save with the mouse and posted the gold whistle pic straight from my profile... along with a post that went something like: Woohoo! Check this out!

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 16:38:27

At 5/30/04 04:36 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Not enough time haha! I did the right click save with the mouse and posted the gold whistle pic straight from my profile... along with a post that went something like: Woohoo! Check this out!

Heh, close enough. Btw, take a lookie here. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 16:42:17

So Joe, you and ramagi had the same amount for awhile?

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 16:43:49

If I started paying attention and flagging the amount I USED to back then, I could probably make the amount needed for gold higher than the amount ramagi has (If that's the way the system works.)

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 16:49:04

At 5/30/04 04:43 PM, TheJoe324 wrote: If I started paying attention and flagging the amount I USED to back then, I could probably make the amount needed for gold higher than the amount ramagi has (If that's the way the system works.)

C'mon. Paying attention is overrated. So is flagging. You should stop doing it. For yourself, of course. Not for my personal objectives. Heh heh heh. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle Level: Deity 2004-05-30 16:49:21

At 5/30/04 04:42 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: So Joe, you and ramagi had the same amount for awhile?

For a day (If even that long, maybe just at the time the stats updated daily) Then again 5 days later for the same amount of time. Before then, she had the Deity whistle and I had gold, since then she's been at Gold and I've had Deity.

BBS Signature