00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DashXero just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hollywood movies.

662 Views | 18 Replies

Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:32:59

Dont u just hate how most hollywood movies are the same as disney movies nowadays?

There is a good guy, a bad guy, a lady, a problem, and a solution (near the end).

All the trailers always have a sentece in it where the narrator sais: 'And now it is up to one man....'

Lmao, Hollywood is a joke

BBS Signature

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:38:32

At 5/29/04 05:32 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Dont u just hate how most hollywood movies are the same as disney movies nowadays?

There is a good guy, a bad guy, a lady, a problem, and a solution (near the end).

All the trailers always have a sentece in it where the narrator sais: 'And now it is up to one man....'

Hahahaha, thats so true, but not all of them are like that though.
There are good hollywood movies to

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:39:13

Or one cat.. You know what I mean..

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:41:01

At 5/29/04 05:32 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Dont u just hate how most hollywood movies are the same as disney movies nowadays?

Well they are making just what people want to watch. If there was no ground for those movies to grow they wouldnt grow at all.

But it gets kinda boring...

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:41:14

Yes true. I was really surprised by Tim Burton's Big Fish. It was really cool and catchy. But i actually already knew he rocked so it doesnt count.

Anyone else know any movies that are really worth watching? (And dont give me shit like Troy)

BBS Signature

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:42:54

At 5/29/04 05:41 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Yes true. I was really surprised by Tim Burton's Big Fish. It was really cool and catchy. But i actually already knew he rocked so it doesnt count.

Anyone else know any movies that are really worth watching? (And dont give me shit like Troy)

Ya really, wtf is up with Brad Pitts british accent in that movie? or is that just me?

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:44:53

At 5/29/04 05:42 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote:
Ya really, wtf is up with Brad Pitts british accent in that movie? or is that just me?

What sux its that in the myth of the fight over Troy it is said, that Hector was the biggest man, with great muscles and stuff, there. And what we got was a wimpy looking guy who probably wouldnt be even able to help an old woman to cross the street.

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:48:43

At 5/29/04 05:44 PM, unh0ly wrote:
At 5/29/04 05:42 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote:
What sux its that in the myth of the fight over Troy it is said, that Hector was the biggest man, with great muscles and stuff, there. And what we got was a wimpy looking guy who probably wouldnt be even able to help an old woman to cross the street.

Ya, I Iike Greek myth, and Hollywood keeps raping a great mythology. It makes me die a little inside.

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:51:42

At 5/29/04 05:48 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote:
Ya, I Iike Greek myth, and Hollywood keeps raping a great mythology. It makes me die a little inside.

What we are getting from holey-wood is only good special effects, like it was what makes a moovie a blockbuster. I know that is mostly what makes the movie gain like 10458236739783678037^25645 bucks, but hey - cant we get some ambitious production?

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:53:25

Disney movies always have the same plot over and over. And the only "bad" word they ever said was jackass. Wow, I'm so offended.

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:54:22

At 5/29/04 05:53 PM, R-Jay wrote: Disney movies always have the same plot over and over. And the only "bad" word they ever said was jackass. Wow, I'm so offended.

It will take you some time to understand that Disney makes moovies mostly for little kids?

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:55:43

At 5/29/04 05:41 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Anyone else know any movies that are really worth watching? (And dont give me shit like Troy)

I like Master and Commander. I didn't think it'd be that great, but it's really good. I'd recommend it...

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:56:14

Actually the trailers play the whole film for you in 30 seconds so why waste time?

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:57:08

Imagine an orignal idea with a good story AND mindblowing special effects. Then its an instand classic (e.g Matrix 1, LOTR, Blade Runner, Minority Report, Forrest Gump).

But still special effects are really not THAT important. There are movies who had a bigger impact on me because they had a good storyline&idea and awesome acting, without many special effects. (trainspotting, se7en)

BBS Signature

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:58:43

At 5/29/04 05:55 PM, Bertuzzi44 wrote: I like Master and Commander. I didn't think it'd be that great, but it's really good. I'd recommend it...

Funny that u mention it, i saw it this week and it really was alot better as i expected. It wasnt boring at all and very realistic. I really felt like i was in the 19th century for a moment...

BBS Signature

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 17:59:29

At 5/29/04 05:41 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote:

Hmm, let's see,

Gladiator
The Shawshank Redemption
American History X
American Beauty
Gangs of New York
Forrest Gump
Memento

I can go on and on... but here you go.

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 18:49:00

At 5/29/04 05:59 PM, g3tLoST wrote:
Gladiator
The Shawshank Redemption
American History X
American Beauty
Gangs of New York
Forrest Gump
Memento

I can go on and on... but here you go.

I like them all except Gangs Of New York and Gladiotor. American Beauty is teh rox0rz!1 So was Road to perdition by the way (from the same director)

BBS Signature

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 18:59:45

Go watch Boondock Saints. it's my all time favorite movie.

Response to Hollywood movies. 2004-05-29 19:33:35

At 5/29/04 05:32 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote:

well most movies today are just recycled garbage from older movies, or fucking remakes, or comicbook movies, oh or for the illiterate gutter snipes they'll turn a book into a movie. i would suggest film artistry for dummies to them but im afraid they may turn that into a movie