00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Draw an alien for social planets!

784 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Draw an alien for social planets! 2013-06-28 07:49:54

Howdy,
I hope this post is appropriate for this forum. Social Planets is now opened for beta testing, to anyone who's curious.
The idea of Social Planet is that you can hitchhike from planet to planet, just by typing the name, and some planets have an alien that will talk to you.
Originally, it was a game produced in a couple days for mini ludum dare, but after consideration, I thought it was ... too bad to be released as is. (to be honest). To remedy, I just added the following feature:
Now you can occupy an empty planet, write your own dialog, and draw your own alien!

Here's where you can do it.

Not sure if it will much improve the game. I hope I can get some input before this gets released, so feel free to try it. It uses Newgrounds' user-content API, so your art won't be lost.

Draw an alien for social planets!

Response to Draw an alien for social planets! 2013-07-02 01:10:54

Howdy, just released Social planet at:

If I get interesting result from this, I might consider expanding idea for people to create their own world...

At 6/28/13 07:49 AM, jacklehamster wrote: Howdy,
I hope this post is appropriate for this forum. Social Planets is now opened for beta testing, to anyone who's curious.
The idea of Social Planet is that you can hitchhike from planet to planet, just by typing the name, and some planets have an alien that will talk to you.
Originally, it was a game produced in a couple days for mini ludum dare, but after consideration, I thought it was ... too bad to be released as is. (to be honest). To remedy, I just added the following feature:
Now you can occupy an empty planet, write your own dialog, and draw your own alien!

http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/681865
Not sure if it will much improve the game. I hope I can get some input before this gets released, so feel free to try it. It uses Newgrounds' user-content API, so your art won't be lost.

Response to Draw an alien for social planets! 2013-07-03 08:29:02

At 7/2/13 01:10 AM, jacklehamster wrote: Howdy, just released Social planet at:
If I get interesting result from this, I might consider expanding idea for people to create their own world...

I don't know how to make games but I can draw and animate a bit... I don't have any idea how that works. Could someone send you the stuff and you pick what you need? I'll give it a try if you want? I don't have time to day but later to night I will look at what's going on. Got ta go pay bills, heheheeee. Let me know what ya think, Chicken

May Your Oil Always Be Clean - And Your Tires Always Dirty…

BBS Signature

Response to Draw an alien for social planets! 2013-07-04 03:23:51

At 7/3/13 08:29 AM, Green-Chicken wrote:
At 7/2/13 01:10 AM, jacklehamster wrote: Howdy, just released Social planet at:

I don't know how to make games but I can draw and animate a bit... I don't have any idea how that works. Could someone send you the stuff and you pick what you need? I'll give it a try if you want? I don't have time to day but later to night I will look at what's going on. Got ta go pay bills, heheheeee. Let me know what ya think, Chicken

Well, it's not really complicated. Here's what you do:
step#1: Find a vacant planet. I'm sure by typing a random word you can find one
step#2: Click on the Vacant sign
step#3: Click on the picture
step#4: Either upload your own png, or download the png, modify it and re-upload it
step#5: Write a dialog in the box, and click submit. You're done!