00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Photography Club

53,914 Views | 627 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:12:26

I was walking back to my car from May Fair in Allentown, PA tonight and I thought I'd see how my Canon G5 digital picks up a sun set. It was pretty dark out, and I wasn't sure how good it would come out because I was just hand holding the camera. I'll try and keep my pictures 400x300 to be fair to the other photographers. :)

Photography Club

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:14:03

At 5/29/04 10:06 PM, WadeFulp wrote: 35mm: Leicaflex, Canon FTb, Canon T80, Canon A-1, Canon EOS Elan IIE, Olympus Stylus Epic, Bolsey B2...

Damn Wade..

Were you saying you bought some lens on Ebay? Were they used? I want [need] to get a good zoom, but on kind of on a budget. Wondering how risky it is buying used.

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:17:00

Hehe, thought this was funny. I accidentally left my flash on, which exposed some leaves in the foreground, but it wasn't enough to light up much else. :)

Photography Club

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:19:02

i must admit the only reason i noticed the club was because i saw wade had posted.

but after reading it. man, i love photography.

i'm the photography editor for my school's newspaper, and i wish i could take more pictures instead of messing around editing them in photoshop all day...i can't even learn cool effects because its always crunch time...my staff is incompitant!

and wade, that trick with the picture thing...that was...that was just making me give my hopes up!

anywho, here is my cat: i call her "grunge" half the time for obvious reasons. shes a grunge throwback like myself...

i'm using a very old sony FDmavica digital camera, my mom purchesed a new medion camera, 5.3 megapixles, all that good stuff...but for some reason she wont let me twiddle with it!

Photography Club

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:23:01

At 5/29/04 10:14 PM, RedSkynk wrote: Were you saying you bought some lens on Ebay? Were they used? I want [need] to get a good zoom, but on kind of on a budget. Wondering how risky it is buying used.

All the lenses I bought on eBay were used. Pretty much all my camera equipment I bought used, but most from the camera store I worked at so I could inspect it. All the Olympus lenses I bought were used, but in good shape and are perfectly fine. The macro lens was a steal, it's mint and I got it for a super good price.

As long as the seller has good feedback, guarentees the equipment, and has good pictures and descriptions stating the equipment is in good condition (no scratches, fungus, etc in the lens) you should be fine.

Not sure how many good zoom lenses were made for the Olympus. Keep in mind zoom lenses from 15-20 years ago weren't very good. I would stick wtih fixed focal lens if you can. Like a 100mm, 135mm, 180mm, 200mm, etc. I wouldn't go buy a 100, and a 135, as there isn't much difference. I would go like 50mm, 100mm, 200mm, 300mm etc.

I should get out my Leciaflex with my 180 2.8 lens, it's a beast. :) Maybe I'll put it up on my webcam. hehe.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:27:10

Honey bee!

Photography Club

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:28:44

At 5/29/04 03:21 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: So what kinda cameras you peoples have heh???

~X~

i use a nikon n55 (my first camera and i know it's not the best.) i have some interesting black and whites, i'll get them scanned and post a few up here.

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:29:53

At 5/29/04 10:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Honey bee!

wow. that is a really nice picture!

i love how crisp it is, and theres no blur or anything. woah.

*creams self*

its times like these that i wish i had a scanner...

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:32:52

At 5/29/04 10:23 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Not sure how many good zoom lenses were made for the Olympus. Keep in mind zoom lenses from 15-20 years ago weren't very good.

zoom lenses from olympus arent the best, and you're right. zoom lenses in general don't take as good quality pictures as fixed lenses, especially those that are 10 years or older. personally, i have a nikon 20-80 and a tamron 70-300, both which work really well. however, i always carry a fixed 50 and a fixed 200 in case i see something i want to have in the highest quality and make large reproductions of.

how many here develop their own photos?

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:36:30

At 5/29/04 10:32 PM, Strauss69 wrote: how many here develop their own photos?

*raises hand*

that'd be me. i'm one of about 3 people in my school who knows who to develope color photos, the photography teacher forgot, and we finally got some of the chemicals for it back.

personally i love black and white photography best, the way you can make things look with it is just so cool to me. and the newspaper is, sadly enough, all black and white photocopied..so i have to destroy amazing pictures just so they will come out fine when we put the issues out. i think i get a tear every time i have to resize to something that is about 2in high and 3in wide. and then bring down the quality so it'll look good photocopied

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:36:55

I think I might go fixed, 300mm. Was thinking about a zoom, 200-300 or something, but they get expensive, fast.

Have to check ebay.

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:40:57

At 5/29/04 10:36 PM, RedSkynk wrote: I think I might go fixed, 300mm. Was thinking about a zoom, 200-300 or something, but they get expensive, fast.

Have to check ebay.

Get a Canon Rebel TI and then the Canon 75-300USM. :)

We're selling the Canon Elan7NE Kit with 28-105 Canon Lens for like $469.99.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:42:31

At 5/29/04 10:36 PM, MALforPresident wrote: that'd be me. i'm one of about 3 people in my school who knows who to develope color photos, the photography teacher forgot, and we finally got some of the chemicals for it back.

that's cool. i don't know how to do color.

personally i love black and white photography best.

me too. i especially enjoy taking pictures of one still scene like a piece of architecture using all the different filters that i have. i can get some really cool effects. then i spend even more time in the dark room just changing the settings of one picture. once i had so many variations of one photo in the lab, all the other people thought i was eccentric.

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:57:41

At 5/29/04 10:42 PM, Strauss69 wrote: that's cool. i don't know how to do color.

its hard to get used to, because your using different and more chemicals then black and white. and though its tough to get used to. once you get it, its pretty easy.

me too. i especially enjoy taking pictures of one still scene like a piece of architecture using all the different filters that i have. i can get some really cool effects. then i spend even more time in the dark room just changing the settings of one picture. once i had so many variations of one photo in the lab, all the other people thought i was eccentric.

i like pictures of people. ones that they dont know that your taking the picture. like standing on the roof of the school (two floors up) and just taking a picture of a recess or an outside PE class.

i also love animals. i had this really cool picture of a deer, i was just walking around with a camera (crappy school thing, forget what it was) with an even crappier distance lense (like a 200) and i saw a deer in the woods. i stopped dead and watched it for a minute.

i was suprised, it didn't notice me. then i focused on it. and when i took the picture it had JUST moved its head, so i had the face in focus and the antlers out of focus and some leaves and stuff around its body and that...it was cool

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 22:59:56

Color can be fun but you have to devolp and print in total darkness. When I went to Ithaca College for the NYSSSA I had a heck of a time printing in the dark. You have to measure and everything before you make the print. Then you have to put it in complete darkness as you make your way to the color darkroom. I put mine in a little black box :) Then once again you gotta put it into a machine and it devolps the photo for you. Then you wait 15 mins. and the photo pops out dry and nice. But if it comes out orange you have to do the process all over again.

Made with 100% Awesomeness | Work in Progress: White Chalk Lotus

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 23:02:41

i once put 50iso film in my camera and left the shutter on bulb with a 1/64 aperature at the beach from 9pm to 3am on a really starry night and the result was awesome. that was probably the best photo i took.

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 23:12:32

the dark isn't a problem for me. the dark room at my school is used for both, we just turn off the red lamp.

and since i'm down there allot, i know my way around

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 23:23:03

At 5/29/04 11:02 PM, Strauss69 wrote: i once put 50iso film in my camera and left the shutter on bulb with a 1/64 aperature at the beach from 9pm to 3am on a really starry night and the result was awesome. that was probably the best photo i took.

What kind of camera were you using? Was it slide film or print film?

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 23:31:21

At 5/29/04 10:40 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Get a Canon Rebel TI...

I did! Some other guy has the Olympus =P

and then the Canon 75-300USM.

I know, that's what i've been lusting after. The price is $169 on Amazon, I'll try an ebay search later. Thanks for reaffirming my choice though =P

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 23:33:52

At 5/29/04 11:31 PM, RedSkynk wrote:
and then the Canon 75-300USM.
I know, that's what i've been lusting after. The price is $169 on Amazon, I'll try an ebay search later. Thanks for reaffirming my choice though =P

There are two Canon 70-300's, actually 3.

Canon 75-300
Canon 75-300USM
Canon 75-300USM IS

The middle is what I sell the most of. The cheaper one just doesn't have the USM (Ultra Sonic motors) so it doesn't focus as fast or as quietly, but there really isn't a whole lot of difference.

The IS one is Image Stabalized and costs a lot more.

For the price it's a great lens, but it's built to be a low cost lens and it's light so you have to be careful with it as it isn't built to take a lot of abuse. It's very good optically though.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 23:42:12

At 5/29/04 11:23 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
What kind of camera were you using? Was it slide film or print film?

i used my father's old miranda SLR sensorex II

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-29 23:48:45

You think that's cool? Check this out, the frame was open for 5 mins. and this is what i got.

I shot this one at my grandmother's house in Homer NY. Yes it was snowing....no the tree is not on fire! =^-^=

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-30 01:32:20

I'm partial to the actual subject matter, the quality is debatable. A Porsche I walked by during spring vacation (I believe this is S. Carolina)

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-30 05:22:44

That one of the tree is really good! Wade what lens did you use to shoot the bee>? I buy loads of camera equipment off ebay! When i first started i bough a brand new pentax k lens that was 75-300mm i think it was amazing! And get this in english currency it was only 10 pounds! I've had great luck on ebay over the years, buyign lenses, tripods, microphones, micstands. My next purchase will be a lowepre rucsack!

/

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-30 09:31:19

At 5/29/04 10:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Honey bee!

Wow, nice picture, this is the firt club iv'e seen you in.

I want to post large pictures! >_<

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-30 16:12:49

Why thank you! That is one onf my favorite photographs. =^-^=

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-30 22:42:35

Yup, They where white lights and the snow on top of the tree was just the right amount needed. I wasn't even going for a shot like that. I was just shooting an x-mas theme for my photography class. At first I thought I broke the camera but i wanted to see if the shudder would click back and 5 mins. later it did. With that I got the tree on fire effect. Anywho tonight and for a couple days I won't be posting because I got sunburned. Here is a happy image of the sunburn near my shoulder. Not doesn't even compare to my legs! Beat Beat red!!

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-30 22:45:04

Also the Not int he last sentance is supp. to be That so sorry. Also like I said no posting until I am sunburn pain free that includes photographs so sorry! I'll make it up to you guys, promise!

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-30 23:57:41

as much as i do hate my camera, blinding myself with the flash is always fun..and it comes out pretty cool lookin

Photography Club

BBS Signature

Response to Photography Club 2004-05-31 20:54:36

At 5/30/04 05:22 AM, DILLIP wrote: That one of the tree is really good! Wade what lens did you use to shoot the bee>? I buy loads of camera equipment off ebay! When i first started i bough a brand new pentax k lens that was 75-300mm i think it was amazing! And get this in english currency it was only 10 pounds! I've had great luck on ebay over the years, buyign lenses, tripods, microphones, micstands. My next purchase will be a lowepre rucsack!

Most of my close up shots are with a Canon FD 50mm macro lens with a 25mm extension tube. The bee might have been shot with an old Vivitar Macro lens I had before I had teh Canon Macro.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature