00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Child dies due to praying

3,154 Views | 61 Replies

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:25:15

At 4/24/13 06:10 PM, BumFodder wrote: PRAISE THE LORD! SURELY HE WILL HELP ME SURVIVE!

seriously what is wrong with them

maybe they were praying exactly for what happened

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:55:35

You know, most people seek medical attention AND pray for peoples' well-being.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:56:30

At 4/24/13 06:25 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 4/24/13 06:10 PM, BumFodder wrote: PRAISE THE LORD! SURELY HE WILL HELP ME SURVIVE!

seriously what is wrong with them
maybe they were praying exactly for what happened

just as planned

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 19:24:22

At 4/24/13 04:06 PM, Lemonardo wrote: Let us pray.

Let Us Prey

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 20:06:10

At 4/24/13 12:54 PM, Mohabot wrote: I feel sorry for that child, but its up to people what to believe on. It was THEIR choice, they chose to believe that faith healing could help their own child, so they did. Unfortunately the kid died, but ultimately it was their choice.

Dude...it wasn't their choice. It was that kids choice. I doubt he wanted his family to keep praying if he was aware and understood that he could of got medical assistance. They killed him.. :|

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 21:40:11

Looking at this makes me think of an old joke:

A Fundamentalist Christian is trapped in a building as the city has flooded all around. A boat pulls up to the window. The rescuers cry out, âEUoeGet in,âEU but the Fundamentalist says, âEUoeNo, I have faith that God will save me.âEU

The waters continue to rise and the Fundamentalist retreats to the top floor. Another boat pulls up to the window and the rescuers cry out, âEUoeCome, letâEUTMs get you out of here.âEU Again, the Fundamentalist stubbornly says, âEUoeNo, I have faith that God will save me.âEU

The waters continue to rise and the Fundamentalist retreats to the roof. A helicopter flies over and a rope ladder rolls down. âEUoeCome on, weâEUTMll take you to safetyâEU the rescuers cry. Unafraid, the Fundamentalist says, âEUoeNo, I have faith that God will save me.âEU

Finally, the waters rise over the building and the poor Fundamentalist drowns. He goes to meet God and cries out with shock and indignation, âEUoeGod, I had faith in you. Why did you let me drown?âEU

âEUoeWhat do you want?âEU asks God rhetorically, âEUoeI sent you two boats and a helicopter.âEU

------------------------------
Maybe people who believe in the faith healing thing should look at this more closely.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 21:55:41

At 4/24/13 09:46 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: I'd hate to admit I watched it, but Family Guy did an episode on this exact issue one time.
It ended with them saying that maybe god's answer was medicine.

As unfunny as family guy is, that would probably be true if god without a doubt existed.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 22:14:22

Whatever program their church was running could certainly have not been based on Scripture. I am unaware of any verses which indicate that one should pray and take no action when possible. On the contrary, there are plenty of places in both the Old and New Testament where is is advisable to treat wounds and sicknesses appropriately. Proverbs even condones drinking alcohol (in moderation) when going through tough times.

1. Now Isaiah had said, "Let them take a cake of figs and apply it to the boil, that he may recover." - Isaiah 38:21

2. No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. - 1 Timothy 5:23

3. And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. - Luke 10:34

4.But when Jesus heard [that], he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. - Matthew 9:12

5. Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress. - Proverbs 31:6

"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger

CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 22:19:24

At 4/24/13 10:08 PM, Piggler wrote: How can they be charged with anything for adhering to strict religious rules? It's their kid, so how the fuck is it anyone else's business how they choose to address health problems?

Freedom of religion only applies when its expression does not infringe upon the rights of others. Currently, the parents are responsible for the physical health of their children. Neglect and/or actively harming your child is defined as "child abuse," which religious institutions are not exempt from. While the parents' prayers were not directly hurting the child, refusing to seek medical attention despite being presumably able to do so constitutes neglect. Moreover, the religion they claim to adhere to does not even remotely condone their behavior.

"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger

CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 04:19:58

I'm glad the kid's dead. It will show other morons that believe faith heals how stupid they and religion really are and maybe people will start getting the hint.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 04:29:58

At 4/24/13 01:54 PM, zag wrote: This child didn't die so much due to praying.
They died due to stupidity.

EXACTLY the words that came out of my mouth when I read this topic.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 04:40:50

Quite frankly I cant understand how people can still believe that god would still even give a fuck about us. As I have stated previously I am a Nihilist and as such I dont believe in anything, but in all honesty if god DID create us and DOES have a plan for us, we fucked that plan up a long time ago and at this point I seriously doubt any kind of god would actually WANT to save us, regardless of how "forgiving" it would ever possibly be. I hope this happens to every single stupid motherfucker willing to completely abandon him/herself and completely rely on an allmighty being to save them from their own stupidity.

"I know what god thinks, god thinks your a waste of flesh, god prefers an athiest, god thinks all people like you are hateful, god thinks all people like you are an embarrassment to creation. Self-righteous, judgemental, first to throw the stone. Using his name, for your own protection."

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 04:44:01

They shouldn't be allowed to have Children anymore. Also, they both look like wackjobs.

Nice hair!

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 07:59:48

At 4/24/13 12:54 PM, Mohabot wrote: I feel sorry for that child, but its up to people what to believe on. It was THEIR choice, they chose to believe that faith healing could help their own child, so they did. Unfortunately the kid died, but ultimately it was their choice.

so you would defend the boston bombers in the same way
"yeah they bombed the marathon, unfortunately many were injured and a few died, but ultimately it was their choice"
or maybe 9/11?
"yeah they flew a plane into the world trade center, unfortunately many died but ultimately it was their choice"
or maybe carl panzram
"i feel sorry for his victims, but it's up to people what to believe on. it was HIS choice, he chose to believe that killing those people was the right thing to do, so he did. Unfortunately the victims died, but ultimately it was his choice"

see how stupid all of those look?
yeah. that's what your argument looks like to me. when people die because of a belief system? that's where i draw the fucking line.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 08:47:37

Guys guys, if you look at the religion they belong to it's "fundamentalist christian" which means they're extremists. Like anything, once you're an extremist you start doing stupid things.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 12:12:03

if the kid survived he would be one brainwashed fuckhead.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 14:10:23

At 4/24/13 12:36 PM, GunsNBombs wrote: Fuck religion?

You're saying it wrong. "Fuck the police!"

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 14:58:05

Didn't pray hard enough clearly, lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 15:00:29

So it's not really dying due to praying it's dying due to medical negligence, which is not the fault of religion but unintelligent people who use religion as an excuse for their unintelligence.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 15:06:33

At 4/25/13 03:00 PM, Davious wrote: So it's not really dying due to praying it's dying due to medical negligence, which is not the fault of religion but unintelligent people who use religion as an excuse for their unintelligence.

They went by the quote stated from their website "a sermon titled "Healing - From God or Medicine?" that quotes Bible verses purportedly forbidding Christians from visiting doctors or taking medicine." So it's both RELIGIONS FAULT, and Unintelligent Parents.

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 15:11:49

At 4/25/13 03:06 PM, Kanon wrote: They went by the quote stated from their website "a sermon titled "Healing - From God or Medicine?" that quotes Bible verses purportedly forbidding Christians from visiting doctors or taking medicine." So it's both RELIGIONS FAULT, and Unintelligent Parents.

I read all the verses none of them explicitly forbade people from seeing doctors

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 15:27:00

At 4/25/13 03:11 PM, Davious wrote:

I read all the verses none of them explicitly forbade people from seeing doctors

Sounds like your battle is with them friend, not me. Plus I don't care much for religion, to the contrary though it is a bit sad in the pathetic sense. I'm sure someone will find it though.

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 15:29:53

At least they actually did what they claim to believe. Christians who argue against science and take medicine are hypocrites.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 17:22:04

This topic alone proves that some people just whack things out of proportion not meant to be whacked out of proportion to begin with, in trade such people need to be taught to why whacking things out of proportion that just aren't meant to be whacked out of proportion to begin with will only do more harm then good.

Such people who can't learn the easy way need to learn the hard way.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 17:51:30

Maybe the child dying was the lords plan.

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 19:04:26

This sounds like Christian Science?

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 19:05:30

When religion goes too far.....

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 20:09:34

Fundamentalist piece of shits dude kill them all.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-26 00:41:03

Someone should've told them that god created medicine for a reason.

Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-26 04:08:59

Perhaps they should now change religions to one that allows hospital treatment, the bastards