00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ps1/ps2/old Ps3 Trophies

560 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ps1/ps2/old Ps3 Trophies 2013-04-08 19:01:00

So Sony has recently filed a patent with algorithms galore regarding methods for rewarding trophies. There's been speculation (here's an IGN article) that this may mean it will be possible to retroactively add trophies to older games, even games from previous console/handheld generations.

Though not everyone proclaims to be a trophy skank, I'm sure the introduction of trophies to older games will significantly boost sales of PSN classic titles. I'd probably lay down the $5 or so to repurchase some of my PS1 favorites even though I still have the original discs. Sure, I'm definitely a loser for that, but there are plenty of like-minded losers out there for this to be a no-brainer for Sony.

direct link to a scanned copy of their patent

BBS Signature

Response to Ps1/ps2/old Ps3 Trophies 2013-04-08 19:26:34

I'd give up a month of my life to have a plat in Rogue Galaxy; left nut for a plat in Manhunt.

I'm bout teared up, as there's no way Sony would do this. Now, I'm off to actually read the link and confirm my doubts.

I tried, later then.

Response to Ps1/ps2/old Ps3 Trophies 2013-04-08 20:03:45

At 4/8/13 07:01 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: Sure, I'm definitely a loser for that

How on Earth does this make you a loser? I would probably do the same thing, and many others would as well. Trophies are fun, I enjoy getting trophies in gaming. I feel as though trophies are not such a bad thing, though many people disagree. With trophies, instead of just running through the game, we have a motivation to achieve more in our gaming experience. Trophies give us more of a desire to find things we otherwise may not see, to do things we otherwise may not do. In some instances, they push us further to accomplish higher scores in our games, they make us repeat challenges in order to meet a certain expectation, and we feel rewarded for what we've done. It's nice to feel a bit of a reward for gaming, and I feel as though trophies are a good thing because of this.

Response to Ps1/ps2/old Ps3 Trophies 2013-04-09 07:28:35

I want to believe.....

Response to Ps1/ps2/old Ps3 Trophies 2013-04-09 08:39:37

I can't decide if this is a good thing or a great thing

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature