00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fireskull666 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice actresses needed!

888 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Voice actresses needed! 2013-03-07 22:44:13

Hello NG. I hope some of you girls out there are ready to grunt. I need fighting sounds for my game, so think Xena-style vocalizations. You know the drill. Lots of games or cartoons have characters going "Hup! Uh, yah! Uyuyuyuyu ah!" So yeah. I need some of that. If you've ever played a Zelda game you know what I'm talking about. Link is constantly grunting every time he does anything.

To audition you can say the few actual lines I might have in my game in addition to the grunts. Ame Fury is the title. It's a play on words because ame furi is a Japanese phrase. Say ame like ah-may or ah-meh and say fury like the English word fury. Then say the names of each character, like the announcer in Super Smash Bros. would say "Kirby!" or "Mario!" But say it as the character, as though the character is announcing itself. And for each character, try a grunt for when she attacks and one for when she gets hurt. Actually feel free to do multiple grunts instead of just one. The different characters don't necessarily sound too different from each other, but try to make the warrior sound as manly as possible. The ninja can sound like Christie from Dead or Alive or something. You know, all serious and deadly. The monk and the priestess can just sound like whatever.

"Ame Fury!"
"Warrior!"
"Hyah! Ungh!"
"Ninja!"
"Hyah! Ungh!"
"Monk!"
"Hyah! Ungh!"
"Priestess!"
"Hyah! Ungh!"

Here's a sample of the attack animations for you to get an idea of what the characters look like and how the attacks are paced.

Either upload your auditions and link me to them or email them to me at kyle_delaney@msn.com.

Voice actresses needed!

Response to Voice actresses needed! 2013-03-08 02:40:55

Wow, this looks great. I'll absolutely audition!
I'll try to get some sample lines in by this weekend.

Response to Voice actresses needed! 2013-03-11 20:56:25

Thank you, ma'am.

Last call for auditions! I'm only gonna be accepting them for a few more days.

Response to Voice actresses needed! 2013-03-12 23:14:38

Have sent off a few auditions to your email address,
Thank you!