00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Got A Dwi

4,246 Views | 91 Replies

I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 14:48:50

But here's the thing; I did nothing wrong.

After having several shots of vodka, me and my friend decided we would get some food. I agreed to drive carefully, something my friend doesn't do when he's drunk. So essentially, me and my friend hit a red light and a guy slams right into my rear. Cops come and I'm explaining myself; that we were just sitting at a red light doing nothing wrong. But the cop could smell the alcohol on me, and I ended up being arrested and taken down to the station; charged with driving under the influence while the guy who his me got away scott-free.

This is completely unfair, at least in my opinion. After all, I was not the reckless driver. This isn't justice. I ask you newgrounds, do you believe it is fair for me to suffer from the blatant mistake of another?

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 14:50:22

At 3/6/13 02:48 PM, Spedmallet wrote: But here's the thing; I did nothing wrong.

After having several shots of vodka

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 14:50:46

At 3/6/13 02:48 PM, Spedmallet wrote: But here's the thing; I did nothing wrong.

After having several shots of vodka,

I don't understand how you can say both of those things one after the other without lying.

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 14:54:56

At 3/6/13 02:48 PM, Spedmallet wrote: I ask you newgrounds, do you believe it is fair for me to suffer from the blatant mistake of another?

You did drive influenced, so yeah, for your part it sounds fair. The other guy should obviously have been charged as well, but I guess there's a moral in there somewhere, a message, a lesson: don't drive drunk!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 14:56:26

At 3/6/13 02:50 PM, Ryan wrote:

I don't understand how you can say both of those things one after the other without lying.

Alright fine, having some shots while driving is illegal, yes. But what I meant was that the car accident was completely due to the other person; my alcohol intake not only had nothing to do with it, but didn't impair my driving.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 14:57:16

Cops are the moderators of the road.

They are scum!

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:03:08

That's how it is, nerd. You can complain and whine all you want, but it's not gonna change anything.

Watch the movie "Flight" by Robert Zemeckis. It came out recently and deals with your situation, on top of being a great movie.

I Got A Dwi

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:06:26

I thought anytime you get rear-ended it's automatically the other persons at fault ?

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:08:20

yo ass shouldnt have been fuckin drunk lika a dumbass before goin out driven. I hope your stupid ass get 10 years in Federal Prison.

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:09:27

At 3/6/13 03:06 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I thought anytime you get rear-ended it's automatically the other persons at fault ?

He still gets punished for DWI. Besides, the whole 'did nothing wrong' part is only valid if you aren't drunk and someone else hits you. Soon as he turned the key with alcohol in his system he broke the law, the only reason he got caught was because someone else hit him (I guess?).

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:10:06

At 3/6/13 03:06 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I thought anytime you get rear-ended it's automatically the other persons at fault ?

I was stopped at a red light bro, it wasn't my fault in the slightest

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:13:44

Then this is an outrage. Cops harassing innocent people like that, handing out fines to folks that have done no wron-

Oh, never mind.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:15:13

If you accidentally kill someone because you've been driving drunk, i hope it's just you and not anyone else.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:16:16

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:46:56

Driving while intoxicated is a crime.

This has been your Mendou fact of the day.

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 15:51:54

At 3/6/13 02:57 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Cops are the moderators of the road.

Not just the road. The world! They are everywhere!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:17:26

At 3/6/13 04:06 PM, Satan wrote: Did you happen to do this the same night you happened to both cheat on your girlfriend, and get a random chick pregnant?

loook don't derail this topic. It's against the rules. Are you really going to blame me for wanting to kick back a few drinks while I forget about that issue? Did you really feel the need to remind me of the second god-awful thing that's happened to me?

At 3/6/13 03:09 PM, Dry-Ice wrote: He still gets punished for DWI. Besides, the whole 'did nothing wrong' part is only valid if you aren't drunk and someone else hits you.

But you don't get it; me drinking did not cause the accident. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time and now I'm taking the heat for it.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:19:34

At 3/6/13 03:45 PM, EJR wrote: I have no sympathy for anyone who kills themselves / injures themselves / or gets in trouble because of a DUI or DWI.

You got what you deserved.

Thats pretty much word for word what I was just thinking.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:31:48

At 3/6/13 04:26 PM, Satan wrote: For the record, aren't you backseat moderating, with your statement of "It's against the rules"

no

derailing this thread wouldn't solve anything, nor prove anything either.

You said as you derailed my thread

On Topic: I personally don't think you should have been drink driving, no matter the circumstances, and I full on agree with Zachary's statement of "It's still illegal to drink and drive. It would be like if you had drugs on you and got into a car accident. Just because you weren't using them doesn't make them any less illegal."

Look I understand what I did was completely wrong but you're missing the point I'm trying to make. If I had crashed on my own my arrest would have been entirely justified. But the other guy smashed right into my parked rear without any action from me.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:35:27

At 3/6/13 04:31 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Look I understand what I did was completely wrong but you're missing the point I'm trying to make. If I had crashed on my own my arrest would have been entirely justified. But the other guy smashed right into my parked rear without any action from me.

Wait, so even though you were committing a crime by drinking and operating a vehicle, it doesn't make it a crime if you don't get caught? What if that guy slammed into you by an act of God because a mile down the road you would have been texting on your phone and smashed into a parked car with a family in it?

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:35:41

vodkas are 40% alcohol by volume (ABV) or 80 proof.

1 shot= 44ML
7 shots= 308ML

308ML= is more or less half of a pint

whats your weight and how long were you drinking I can tell how drunk you were.

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:40:34

Either you are a terrible liar or you just have a LOT of bad things happen to you.

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:54:26

At 3/6/13 04:35 PM, Mendou wrote: What if that guy slammed into you by an act of God because a mile down the road you would have been texting on your phone and smashed into a parked car with a family in it?

That scenario did not happen, further god forgives the things men do.

At 3/6/13 04:35 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: whats your weight and how long were you drinking I can tell how drunk you were.

It's bad enough I have some pregnant chick breathing down my back without you asking for my asl every post

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:56:53

At 3/6/13 04:54 PM, Spedmallet wrote: It's bad enough I have some pregnant chick breathing down my back without you asking for my asl every post

LOL how much is your weight and how long were you drinking before you drived? not a hard or personal question guy.

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:57:41

So, you got a girl pregnant, and now you've been arrested for drink driving.

What your next trick? Manslaughter?

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 16:58:40

At 3/6/13 04:54 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/6/13 04:35 PM, Mendou wrote: What if that guy slammed into you by an act of God because a mile down the road you would have been texting on your phone and smashed into a parked car with a family in it?
That scenario did not happen, further god forgives the things men do.

Lol what? How do you know that scenario wouldn't have happened?

You sound retarded and you're gay and I'm glad you got arrested you big fat MENDOUUUUUUUUU

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 17:02:25

At 3/6/13 04:54 PM, Spedmallet wrote: It's bad enough I have some pregnant chick breathing down my back without you asking for my asl every post

But its a completely valid question.

At 3/6/13 04:57 PM, Lemonardo wrote: So, you got a girl pregnant, and now you've been arrested for drink driving.

What your next trick? Manslaughter?

It's probably going to be like this.
Something about how this "girlfriend" of his is going to find out about this other girl being pregnant with his kid and shes going to freak out and attack him. He only stabbed her in self defense.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 17:03:07

At 3/6/13 04:35 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: whats your weight and how long were you drinking I can tell how drunk you were.
It's bad enough I have some pregnant chick breathing down my back without you asking for my asl every post

LOL how much is your weight and how long were you drinking before you drived? not a hard or personal question guy.

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 17:04:08

"Driving after several shots is not reckless"

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to I Got A Dwi 2013-03-06 17:04:38

*slow clap*

GG. I don't get why you keep ascertaining your innocence in this whole matter.

You got drunk, you got behind the wheel. You got caught while being in an accident. The cops could see it as being your fault in regards to your reaction time.
To keep going with that latter sentence, why didn't you see the car coming up behind you? You know you need to be constantly checking your surroundings while you drive.

See what EVERYONE means when they've posted that it's still you to blame for your arrest?

Therefore, you get charged with DWI. No ifs, ands, or buts. No grey area.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature