00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bertn1991 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

headphones

1,706 Views | 32 Replies

headphones 2013-02-27 04:50:08

now i bought a new mp3 on saturday i just need to get a new pair of headphones. The point is that i'm not sure witch ones to get any recomendations? (i like it loud).

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 04:54:51

I personally like Sennheiser because I've always used Sennheiser, but I recommend that you go to a store, like Best Buy or something, and test out as many headphones as you can. You can read all the specs and reviews you want, but you'll never find any useful information that isn't at least somewhat influenced by personal preference.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 05:00:04

At 2/27/13 04:50 AM, lukefoster1 wrote: now i bought a new mp3 on saturday i just need to get a new pair of headphones. The point is that i'm not sure witch ones to get any recomendations? (i like it loud).

For use with an MP3 player I'd really recommend going for a pair of decent ear-buds because they're portable and don't make you look like a douche, but if you're really dead set on getting a pair of headphones, I'd try to find a pair of these for $150 or less. They're absolutely fantastic headphones and are about as nice as you can get without needing a dog's ears in order to tell the difference in quality gains. I swear by this set.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 05:00:30

http://www.head-fi.org/f/

People will recommend horrible headphones here.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 05:04:42

At 2/27/13 05:00 AM, TheColourAwesome2 wrote: http://www.head-fi.org/f/

People will recommend horrible headphones here.

As will audiophiles.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 05:20:23

I bought myself a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50's after seeing they were one of the top overall products (by reviews) on Amazon. Everybody was right. They are amazing, and well priced. Great quality in audio and build.
Here's the amazon link if interested.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 05:27:33

Read this.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headph ones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

At 2/27/13 05:20 AM, UVSoaked wrote: I bought myself a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50's after seeing they were one of the top overall products (by reviews) on Amazon. Everybody was right. They are amazing, and well priced. Great quality in audio and build.

The M50's are a really safe buy. If you're okay with the price and looking for a circumaural, you will probably love these.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 05:59:33

Beats by Dre.

Alternative choice: SMS Audio by 50.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 06:02:15

At 2/27/13 05:59 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Beats by Dre.

Alternative choice: SMS Audio by 50.

I can't tell if you're being serious?

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 06:50:41

At 2/27/13 06:02 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I can't tell if you're being serious?

Actually I've never paid much attention to headphone brands, those are the only two I know about. I have a few pairs I don't know anything about apart from the fact that the sounds is OK.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 06:52:57

At 2/27/13 06:50 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Actually I've never paid much attention to headphone brands, those are the only two I know about. I have a few pairs I don't know anything about apart from the fact that the sounds is OK.

Beats are horrendously overpriced fashion accessories that aren't even good at being fashion accessories. When you pay several hundred dollars for ear-buds that aren't high quality in-ear stage monitors, you know something is horribly wrong.

Beats are just money traps for rich people.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 06:53:20

Beats bro try that shit man. The bass on them is electricfing bro. without a doubt.

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 06:53:25

At 2/27/13 06:50 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Actually I've never paid much attention to headphone brands, those are the only two I know about. I have a few pairs I don't know anything about apart from the fact that the sounds is OK.

Oh, that's fine. Those headphones are way over priced.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 07:02:47

shit bro nevermind Beats cost too damn much. i wish i can afford them because im broke as fuck! haha

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 07:08:19

At 2/27/13 07:02 AM, PotHeadParadise wrote: shit bro nevermind Beats cost too damn much. i wish i can afford them because im broke as fuck! haha

Buy something better that you can afford. Research, bud.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 07:08:44

At 2/27/13 06:53 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Oh, that's fine. Those headphones are way over priced.

So I hear. :) Seems to be the same thing with pretty much everything that's made by somebody who is someone or some company that people think something of, though.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 07:37:05

Dont buy Beats

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 08:00:31

At 2/27/13 07:08 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Seems to be the same thing with pretty much everything that's made by somebody who is someone or some company that people think something of, though.

You can think of it as a general rule. They spend lots of money on marketing rather than improving their designs, and they can live on their reputation alone. Lesser known companies without the benefit of an established reputation are forced to make their products appealing in other ways, and in the headphone world this is apparent in the build and sound quality you find in obscure brands. (it's not fair to call them obscure though, most of them have a long pedigree and are well known, just not familiar to one without interest in headphones) You also have to take into account that Beats are fashion objects too, which really destroys their incentive to create actual good headphones.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 08:42:51

My favorite in-ears so far have been Soul in-ears ($89) and the Bose mobile in-ears ($125)

I would still be using my Bose, but they got stolen about a year ago...I miss them.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 08:45:28

At 2/27/13 08:42 AM, TruBluFoxx wrote: My favorite in-ears so far have been Soul in-ears ($89) and the Bose mobile in-ears ($125)

I would still be using my Bose, but they got stolen about a year ago...I miss them.

What a waste of money. Does anyone bother to do any research these days?

You shouldn't miss anything Bose.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 11:47:41

At 2/27/13 08:45 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/27/13 08:42 AM, TruBluFoxx wrote: My favorite in-ears so far have been Soul in-ears ($89) and the Bose mobile in-ears ($125)

I have these ear buds for use with my Nano at the gym and they perform well enough. You need something that is easy to drive if you're using them with an MP3 player, so I wouldn't suggest those Senns linked to above.
There is no better value to be had than these
Seriously, for an mp3 player you can't go wrong with KSC75's. PortaPros sound good too.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 11:59:50

At 2/27/13 05:27 AM, KevinHR wrote:
At 2/27/13 05:20 AM, UVSoaked wrote: I bought myself a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50's after seeing they were one of the top overall products (by reviews) on Amazon. Everybody was right. They are amazing, and well priced. Great quality in audio and build.
The M50's are a really safe buy. If you're okay with the price and looking for a circumaural, you will probably love these.

I remember seeing them for $130 on Amazon, then they kept going up, so I finally decided to buy them. They are great, though. Unlike Beats, they balance the highs, mids, lows perfectly. Still can't believe how crisp and clear the highs can sound.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 12:43:11

At 2/27/13 04:50 AM, lukefoster1 wrote: now i bought a new mp3 on saturday i just need to get a new pair of headphones. The point is that i'm not sure witch ones to get any recomendations? (i like it loud).

Sorry, for now I trying to get money for some good pair of headphones, but I cannot help you with that...

"I fapped to this topic."

- Razeroath.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 14:04:33

Since there's already so much conflicting information in this thread, I figure I may as well throw in my two cents.

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 ($120) - Great all around headphones, they're pretty good in every aspect, but also don't excel in any. Probably the most "yeah, alright" headphones you'll ever see, there's really not much to say about them, but there aren't any complaints either. Very nice for someone who isn't looking for a particular sound and wants some nicely built headphones. They're also very comfortable.

Sony MDR-V6 ($70) - These headphones are a studio standard, and very cheap to boot. They have a very neutral sound, which is useful for mixing, but some people may find that it sounds "flat". They're also quite comfortable, but you'll have to replace the ear pads eventually, as they're not the highest of quality.

AKG K 240 MK II ($140) - These headphones have a semi-open design that allows it to have a much greater soundstage than the other two, giving everything a much more open sound. One problem with the semi-open design is that it leaks a lot of sound out, so if you want to listen to music loudly without letting people hear it, these probably aren't for you. They're also the most comfortable cans you will ever put on your head, seriously.

Grado Prestige Series SR-60i ($80) - Another open designed set of cans, making for a nice and detailed sound. These headphones are also very small compared to the others here, and are great for packing away and bringing along when travelling without sacrificing quality like you do with most small headphones. Some people don't find them comfortable, so if you're not a fan of the on-ear design these might not be the best choice for you, comfort is a huge factor when buying headphones. Even if they sound great, you're not going to want to use them if you find wearing them annoying.

Sennheiser HD 558 ($180) - These headphones have a a very neutral sound, and it's also quite detailed. Once again, these cans have a great all-around sound. Nothing too flashy in one end or the other, but competent enough in each side to please anyone. They also have a bit of a sound leakage issue, but I wouldn't consider that a big dealbreaker. The real problem is the build quality. Sennheiser is infamous for cracking plastics and snapping headbands. It shouldn't be too much of an issue, but if you do buy these you best be careful with them, and grab a warranty on them if you can.

Response to headphones 2013-02-27 14:17:22

At 2/27/13 04:50 AM, lukefoster1 wrote: i bought a new mp3 on saturday

also lol

Response to headphones 2013-02-28 08:42:39

At 2/27/13 08:45 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:

Yo, I got 'em as a gift, and, yes, I do miss them dearly. They were good headphones.

BBS Signature

Response to headphones 2013-03-01 01:20:39

id rather not waste my money to listen to some goofy music with your shitty perception anyways, im better

Response to headphones 2013-03-01 01:32:44

At 2/28/13 08:42 AM, TruBluFoxx wrote: Yo, I got 'em as a gift, and, yes, I do miss them dearly.

Alright. That's nice.

They were good headphones.

But they're not. I used to think my stock iPod headphones were good. It also depends on what you listen to. Your first line being They were a gift doesn't speak volumes (heheh) about their quality. I mean, how do you know they sounded good? We all don't just know what sounds good to us. You haven't used much other headphones it reads like.

Response to headphones 2013-03-01 05:15:23

so i bought some headphones yesterday for £150 and there very good. The max volume is 50 and i have it at 40 cause it goes really loud. But cheers for the help you guys

thanks

Lukefoster1

Response to headphones 2013-03-01 06:23:42

At 3/1/13 05:15 AM, lukefoster1 wrote: so i bought some headphones yesterday for Ã'£150 and there very good. The max volume is 50 and i have it at 40 cause it goes really loud. But cheers for the help you guys

thanks

Lukefoster1

150 pounds and you're not going to tell us which?

BBS Signature