00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted PeviAnimations supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled.

6,715 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I often begin on a drawing and never puts in the effort to finish it, as they aren't pieces that mean anything to me, they simply bore me.

And whenever I got an art piece in mind, they tend to be simple and rough as I'm satisfied as long as I can bring out the message.

I'll only post new drawings and there won't be anything, but doodles and exercises here, so do check my blog at poly-blog.alphatwin.org

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-20 17:56:24

At 2/20/13 05:12 PM, Polyboom wrote: I often begin on a drawing and never puts in the effort to finish it, as they aren't pieces that mean anything to me, they simply bore me.

And whenever I got an art piece in mind, they tend to be simple and rough as I'm satisfied as long as I can bring out the message.

You should finish tho since i have no idea what this message is meant to be

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-20 22:17:30

At 2/20/13 05:56 PM, Lucky wrote:
At 2/20/13 05:12 PM, Polyboom wrote: I often begin on a drawing and never puts in the effort to finish it, as they aren't pieces that mean anything to me, they simply bore me.

You should finish tho since i have no idea what this message is meant to be

This one was exercise and I was just playing with shapes. It will be long from everything I upload here where I try to express myself, but I can understand why you would believe that.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-21 15:07:51

Another quick sketch.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-22 11:35:15

Portraits.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-22 13:44:13

Look at all those beautiful faceless faces! Fun strange designs, keep at it.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-22 17:36:11

At 2/21/13 03:07 PM, Polyboom wrote: Another quick sketch.

I like it, it's creepy and reminds me of something that you'd see in a Tool music video. Like to see what you could do if you took more time on this piece and see what it turns into.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-23 22:45:23

Been drunk with a friend of mine all day, but I did manage to put some time off to some sketching. I'll continue some more on this when I get time.

Regarding the other drawings; there is always the possibility that I'll return to them later, I always keep the .psd.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-27 14:55:28

Life can be a bitch, I've lost my motivational energy and next week I'll be in Prague. (Any suggestions for locations to visit are appreciated :) )

Here is an updated version of the previous drawing.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-02-28 01:13:12

At 2/27/13 02:55 PM, Polyboom wrote: Life can be a bitch, I've lost my motivational energy and next week I'll be in Prague. (Any suggestions for locations to visit are appreciated :) )

There is an ice cream shop with Absinthe ice cream, they have a large green ice cream cone statue outside, I regret so much that I never got the chance to try it. Also your pieces are interesting, I'm a fan of grayscale art.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-03-10 08:04:24

At 2/28/13 01:13 AM, drakena wrote:
At 2/27/13 02:55 PM, Polyboom wrote: Life can be a bitch, I've lost my motivational energy and next week I'll be in Prague. (Any suggestions for locations to visit are appreciated :) )
There is an ice cream shop with Absinthe ice cream, they have a large green ice cream cone statue outside, I regret so much that I never got the chance to try it. Also your pieces are interesting, I'm a fan of grayscale art.

None of my friends were up to the Absinthe ice cream deal, but I did drink some absinthe and a lot of beer!

And Hi all, I'm back from Prague, it was an amazing trip, I feel so full of energy and am in a much better mood than I've previously been.

Today I've begun on a drawing with much more passion and am really enjoying it, here is some of the progress.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-03-10 11:51:59

An update, I'm slowly becoming easier and easier distracted with my surroundings, probably won't do much more today on this.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-03-10 15:10:00

Last update.
A gif showing the whole process.

http://i.imgur.com/X6IFezN.gif

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-03-13 15:17:51

Continued alittle today.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-03-14 08:02:33

Something else.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-03-23 13:49:24

I came up with a really horrible idea of combining Pokémon, Digimon and Diké from Greek mythology, but then changed direction to focus on the Pikachu.

Dikémon

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-04-08 12:18:51

I'm currently trying to do a 7-8 page comic, I've made thumbnails, manuscript and some stylizing and other drawings up till now.

I currently have sketches two of the pages and scanned them in to see if I'm able to work with these sketches or if I'll have to construct better in the future for work that is easier on paper.

I will be trying to create three very different approaches throughout the comic to difference real-time, flashbacks and a fairytale as much from each other as possible. The pages I am currently working on should end up giving off an emotion of a dark, negative, lonely and enclosed feeling.

I've worked a little extra on the character on the first two panels to try creating such atmosphere.

ideas, references and suggestions for stylizing are appreciated.

Would posting the manuscript and thumbnails be of any help for critic and advice? I'm thinking that I on newgrounds will focus on the finalizing of the drawings, as the rest is only meant to be helping me towards the final product and it will probably not be able to communicate my thougths.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-04-09 03:35:56

Progress..

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-04-09 05:30:49

I'm slowly making up my mind with how I want to approach this.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-04-09 11:18:12

I'll discontinue this page for now and move my energy towards the next page. There are however still important objects that needs to be defined clearly to the reader.

Could I get some comments on the mood?

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-04-12 07:15:50

The final results are on the blog, sadly it's in a very unfinished state as always, now I have to find the resources and motivation to polish it.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-05-09 13:24:06

Finally had some drawing time today.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2013-05-27 15:32:17

I forgot to update this thread.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2014-04-14 06:30:41

A self-portrait.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2014-04-14 06:34:27

First done in Pen, then scanned in and coloured.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2014-04-14 07:33:10

Whoa! 1 year later and an awesome artist comes back! :D
Awesome art works, man!

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2014-04-17 16:04:27

At 4/14/14 07:33 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Whoa! 1 year later and an awesome artist comes back! :D
Awesome art works, man!

Thanks, it means alot!

At 4/14/14 07:39 AM, Metastable-Steve wrote: Interesting work! Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks! Here is a study I did yesterday.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2014-05-17 04:35:30

This was an illustration for a bigger group project, where we each illustrated parts of the book "Ved Vejen" by Herman Bang. I never really got past the point of putting the piece together and I wish I had had time to gently render it more.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2014-07-18 02:52:38

Yes, whatever!
Check out http://nowhynowhy.com/ he made the original piece which I got inspired by.

Response to Polyboom's from Start to Cancelled. 2014-07-18 22:52:50

Colour palette: Vacancy by Nico