00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can I post non flash games?

1,460 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-20 23:27:31

Can I post a non flash game on Newgrounds? I'm working on an old style RPG and would like to share it with people online but i don't think it runs on flash. It might but if i doesn't can i still post in on Newgrounds? If i cant id like some suggestions of alternatives like other sites or cheapest/ easiest way to create my own cite.

I am also looking for an animator for this RPG game I'm creating. I need an animator for the cut-screens in the game. ill have more info here > (http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1330436)

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-20 23:42:53

This link is the right one. apparently I posted in the wrong forum... whatever... (http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1330438)

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-21 01:04:14

Game has to be flash.
And why make a site for it? Is a download link not good enough?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-21 01:13:16

At 1/21/13 01:04 AM, TheMajormel wrote: Game has to be flash.

Nope. You can also do HTML5, you just need to ask Tom for upload access.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-21 02:58:35

At 1/21/13 01:13 AM, Spretznaz wrote:

Forgot about that.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-23 19:14:59

how can i get in contact with tom?

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-23 19:20:34

if your familiar with RPG Maker VX Ace what file type would it be. flash HTML5 or something completely different. its important because i used RPG Maker VX Ace to create the game.

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-23 19:27:04

id like it to be a browser based game but if you want a download then that's fine but where should i post the download and will i get payed by the site.

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-24 10:20:30

At 1/23/13 07:14 PM, FinalFantasyFan4Ever wrote: how can i get in contact with tom?

http://www.newgrounds.com/pm/send/tomfulp

At 1/23/13 07:20 PM, FinalFantasyFan4Ever wrote: if your familiar with RPG Maker VX Ace what file type would it be. flash HTML5 or something completely different. its important because i used RPG Maker VX Ace to create the game.

You'll probably receive better responses about RPG Maker VX Ace on their forum.

Also, instead of making multiple posts in a row, if you're replying to multiple posts you can cut/copy your message after writing your reply to one, then paste it in the message field when writing your reply to the next one.

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-25 08:37:59

If your question is "Can I submit this game to the flash portal"? Then the answer is yes and no . RPG Maker does not export games into either Flash or HTML 5, which is the file type required for the flash portal submissions. Rpg maker uses a completely different and incompatible frame work than either Flash or HTML 5 as it was made with the idea to export your final game as an installable .exe for windows.

However, if you knew HTML 5 or flash, you could recreate the game and then upload it to Newgrounds! So this would be the Yes part.

Audio portal reviews : A detailed discussion and study

Leave a random artist a constructive review. You never know how that could help.

BBS Signature

Response to Can I post non flash games? 2013-01-30 14:49:37

Also, instead of making multiple posts in a row, if you're replying to multiple posts you can cut/copy your message after writing your reply to one, then paste it in the message field when writing your reply to the next one.

alright ill remember that.