00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

texture vs pitch

1,046 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

texture vs pitch 2013-01-20 08:59:23

Here is an interesting consideration:

Static noise has the most rich, complex texture but no pitch.

A sine tone has the most defined pitch but the smoothest, least complicated, most minimal texture.

Listening to either for a prolonged period isn't as nice as listening to music. Both of them become monotonous in their own way. Although you can definitely meditate to a sine tone. But what about static noise? It's so random and complicated that the temptation is just to switch off your brain and it all becomes one homogeneous texture.

Response to texture vs pitch 2013-01-20 09:09:40

At 1/20/13 09:07 AM, Chemich wrote: Don't say static, please say White Noise or Pink Noise... sorry just a bit OCD and that gets on my nerves.

I meditate to silence, it's the only thing that can completely calm me down in this world anymore.

I just thought static noise encapsulated all white noise, pink noise, etc... I have ringing in my ears so I can't hear total silence :(

Response to texture vs pitch 2013-01-20 11:36:42

so basically what do you want to know?
i don't understand this thing about static noise and sine waves, what's the matter.

:Although you can definitely meditate to a sine tone.
What does this mean? You can "meditate" to a sine tone? lol

SUCK MY KICK

Response to texture vs pitch 2013-01-20 11:55:23

At 1/20/13 09:07 AM, Chemich wrote: Don't say static, please say White Noise or Pink Noise... sorry just a bit OCD and that gets on my nerves.

Pink noise? Is that the kind of noise they use in ponystep?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to texture vs pitch 2013-01-20 12:08:43

I love the sound of distortion. Heavy guitars or distorted synths... Yes. :3

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature