00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bad quality on my sound players

1,373 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Bad quality on my sound players 2013-01-16 10:11:56

Whenever i make a song i aim at having as much quality as i can possibly get from the final MP3 file but lately there has been something that bugs me a lot... when i render in Reaper i choose "Maximum Bitrate/Quality" but i also tried 320KBR Constant Bitrate and and the VBR option as well, the problem here is that the songs renders just fine i get around 8MB for a 4 minute song but then whenever i play the song on BSplayer or Window Media Player it sound like crap and without any quality at all comparing to the project on Reaper. Iv tried rendering a 200's MB Wav and the result is the same. So today i had a diferent idea i rendered the song and it sounded like crap on those 2 audio players but then when i inserted the song in Reaper it sounded great again.
So the question is what do i have to do to make my audio players (BS and WMP) sound like they should since the problem is obviously theirs?

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to Bad quality on my sound players 2013-01-16 10:31:48

Have you checked out your soundcard settings? I've had a similar problem in the past and when I looked at my soundcard settings I noticed some things that weren't there before (can't remember what though).

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Bad quality on my sound players 2013-01-16 11:33:44

Also check and make sure it's 44100 sample rate.

Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, or Soundcloud.

Response to Bad quality on my sound players 2013-01-16 12:08:57

Sounds and Audio Devices dont seem to have any problem with it and Winamp sounds the same as WMP and BS.
Soundcard settings do not seem to be the issue here as well and i always render 44k or 48k on the sample rate.
Ill give some more info, i have a Asus K53S laptop and "Realtek High Definition Audio" is up to date, i also have ASIO4ALL 2.11 Beta1 installed and that has given me some issues like only being able to listen to reaper when i have the software open and cutting off all other sounds in the pc.

BBS Signature

Response to Bad quality on my sound players 2013-01-16 12:42:21

At 1/16/13 12:08 PM, DivoFST wrote: Sounds and Audio Devices dont seem to have any problem with it and Winamp sounds the same as WMP and BS.
Soundcard settings do not seem to be the issue here as well and i always render 44k or 48k on the sample rate.
Ill give some more info, i have a Asus K53S laptop and "Realtek High Definition Audio" is up to date, i also have ASIO4ALL 2.11 Beta1 installed and that has given me some issues like only being able to listen to reaper when i have the software open and cutting off all other sounds in the pc.

That's standard with ASIO4ALL, I have the same issue, although it's not an issue if you think about it.
Try playing the song through Audacity, and see if you still have that problem.

Response to Bad quality on my sound players 2013-01-16 13:36:34

That's standard with ASIO4ALL, I have the same issue, although it's not an issue if you think about it.

Yeah not a great issue there.

Try playing the song through Audacity, and see if you still have that problem

Yeah the song sounds bland in Audition as well, it only sounds normal in Reaper and Adobe Audition.

BBS Signature

Response to Bad quality on my sound players 2013-01-16 15:47:44

At 1/16/13 02:33 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Try Exporting your track -6db queter than you currently are.
Might sound crazy, but depending on what DAW you are using (I'm looking at you FL) if you export your projects at 100% volume with some of your channels above the 100% mark, the sound quality does deteriorate when it has exported , even though it sounds fine in the sequencer at the time.

I exported this particular song at -5.4db but im pretty sure the problem is not on the file itself because when i load the MP3 renderized version on Reaper it sounds fine and when i listen to the same file in BS WDA or Winamp it sounds bad.

BBS Signature