00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CantankerousCoyote just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

need help with basics of c# unity

682 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

need help with basics of c# unity 2013-01-09 22:26:41

i just started to make my own games in unity 4.0 but im heavily held back by the fact that i don't know how to program c# or the 2 others wich i forgot there name but anyways if somebody could lay the basics i would be very thankful.

its always been one of my goals to make a good video game so i would be happy for you help.

IF THE WORLD GONNA END MIGHT AS WELL EAT A TACO

BBS Signature

Response to need help with basics of c# unity 2013-01-10 00:43:47

Well do you know any programming languages? Because if you don't, you will find yourself struggling with jumping straight in to programming games. I had this same problem a while back and trust me, it is better to just start from scratch. If you do know the basic logic of programming or know another language similar to c# like java then, well I have never used unity but I suggest looking at the API or maybe start doing small tutorials.

Response to need help with basics of c# unity 2013-01-20 21:57:14

To be honest, if you've never dealt with a programming language before - it's gonna be a doozy to learn, but by no means impossible.

If you're looking to learn C# - then you may wanna look into picking up Visual Basic as a starter language, since they're both .NET languages, you'll be able to pick up a lot by meandering in Visual Basic until you get a grip, then moving into C#.

Once you get a firm grip on any Object-Oriented language, it's pretty simple to pick up everything else. It's all the same shit with different Syntaxes.