00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bbc4lunch just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mi Art(Feel free to critique)

1,150 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-06 03:14:32

Feel free to critique and give advice,tips or more!
All is Appreciated and Thank for any!! :)

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-06 03:30:21

Lemme start by saying that It looks really good. But if you want a little bit of criticism, I don't think her feet are quite on the same plane, and her shoulders and the arm behind her back look like they could be a little bit more relaxed. That being said, I think it's a really good sketch. There's a lot of attention to detail and I like it.

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-07 08:06:26

At 1/6/13 03:30 AM, Solomon-Pider wrote: Lemme start by saying that It looks really good. But if you want a little bit of criticism, I don't think her feet are quite on the same plane, and her shoulders and the arm behind her back look like they could be a little bit more relaxed.

Thanks for the Critique!,I'll do better next time!

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-07 08:12:06

second

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-07 09:57:56

It always makes me happy to see someone on here with actual talent. Really good drawings, I think maybe you spent too much time on the first one as it looks a bit contrived; her head is too small and her neck too long for the body. I can't fault the second one though so keep going!

BBS Signature

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-07 10:04:01

I just figured what made it seem contrived, her body position. If she were pushing her lower torso forward curving the spine with her left arm as she is doing here then her knees would naturally lock to allow her hips to go forward, so one of those limb placements would have to change for this position to be possible.

BBS Signature

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-07 12:39:50

At 1/6/13 03:14 AM, SoupBeat wrote: Feel free to critique and give advice,tips or more!

Great work with the clothing and creating a concise character, you've got original creative ideas. My only suggestion to you is collect more pictures of people from resource sites for reference of anatomy. Do not directly copy a photograph ever, but do practice drawing poses you wouldn't normally use for the study aspect. This will help you know what's present in life and you can pick from your studies for your personal work. Keep it up. :D

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-07 12:41:08

At 1/7/13 12:39 PM, ChildSafetyLid wrote:
At 1/6/13 03:14 AM, SoupBeat wrote: Feel free to critique and give advice,tips or more!
Great work with the clothing and creating a concise character, you've got original creative ideas. My only suggestion to you is collect more pictures of people from resource sites for reference of anatomy. Do not directly copy a photograph ever, but do practice drawing poses you wouldn't normally use for the study aspect. This will help you know what's present in life and you can pick from your studies for your personal work. Keep it up. :D

Sorry I meant to say don't direct copy photographs for commercial work, unless of course an agreement of proper crediting has been made with the original owner of the photo.

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-09 11:56:02

At 1/7/13 10:04 AM, Bryony wrote: I just figured what made it seem contrived, her body position. If she were pushing her lower torso forward curving the spine with her left arm as she is doing here then her knees would naturally lock to allow her hips to go forward, so one of those limb placements would have to change for this position to be possible.

Thanks For pointing that out! :) ,I didn't notice that! very Clear explanation btw

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-09 11:59:25

At 1/7/13 12:39 PM, ChildSafetyLid wrote: My only suggestion to you is collect more pictures of people from resource sites for reference of anatomy. but do practice drawing poses you wouldn't normally use for the study aspect. This will help you know what's present in life and you can pick from your studies for your personal work. Keep it up. :D

Great tip!Thanks man I will Start searching for those pictures!Can you suggest any sites?

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-09 23:31:16

At 1/9/13 11:59 AM, SoupBeat wrote:
At 1/7/13 12:39 PM, ChildSafetyLid wrote: My only suggestion to you is collect more pictures of people from resource sites for reference of anatomy. but do practice drawing poses you wouldn't normally use for the study aspect. This will help you know what's present in life and you can pick from your studies for your personal work. Keep it up. :D
Great tip!Thanks man I will Start searching for those pictures!Can you suggest any sites?

This www.Posemaniacs.com. The 30 second drawings is great for improving your speed too, its adjustable too so you can really challenge yourself.

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-10 11:34:43

At 1/9/13 11:31 PM, GlopOfGook wrote:

This www.Posemaniacs.com. The 30 second drawings is great for improving your speed too, its adjustable too so you can really challenge yourself.

Nice Its A Cool Site! Thanks!!!

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-10 11:38:11

So this one I tried to get the proportions right using some Refss
Its also kinda messy and dirty Cause I was also attempting doing shading :)

Response to Mi Art(Feel free to critique) 2013-01-10 22:18:06

At 1/9/13 11:59 AM, SoupBeat wrote:

I have trouble searching for poses when I need them but try Deviantart and using keywords like "dynamic", it takes a lot of scrounging but the resources are free and most people don't mind you using their composition personally. I use Pinterest to store my categories, I tend to see great poses I know I can use when I am unable to use them. There's also a few great books on this, Michael Hampton's "Figure Drawing and Intervention" is so great I made a video review available here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePa-r6BAeq4, I discuss all the great reasons this book was vital to me. The best thing is understanding breaking down the figure into simple shapes, not drawing a woman standing but drawing the relative space consumed by mass. He explains gesture drawing from the ground up and it really is a beneficial knowledge. As mentioned above, what is 30 second sketches of flow relation in the body's shape. I carry a sketch book everywhere, don't depend on technology it may not always work. I observe everyone around me and dedicate a few minutes to gestures while people are in action.

Things like this:
http://ashgutz.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/gesture-sketch-book-
page/