00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art from from me :))

865 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Art from from me :)) 2012-12-25 19:08:06

I been doin this "digital" art for a year now :D And here is some of my works!

Lemme know if you like them :))

So far only my friends have seen these because dese are only on FB so i need feedback >.<

Response to Art from from me :)) 2012-12-25 19:17:50

these are more like collages right. theyre nice, but its a bit 90s imo

I mean it doesnt take much practice to photoshop a few planets into a spacey background.

but the collages are nice on itself

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to Art from from me :)) 2012-12-25 19:37:29

I dont see anything similar with collages ._.
And yeah i didnt mean that making these took me 1 year to learn..

Response to Art from from me :)) 2012-12-25 20:34:20

At 12/25/12 07:37 PM, HurriKanessi wrote: I dont see anything similar with collages ._.

Well it's things you didn't make stuck together into something you sort of made, which is technically what a collage is

They're very lovely and you have a decent eye for composition, but working on use of colour would be nice.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Art from from me :)) 2012-12-25 22:41:26

they all look alright. A little amateurish though. If you have been working on learning just photo manuipilations and collages for a year, then you should be a little better than this.
So I'll assume that you have been casually learning your technique, which is fine.

Anyway A reoccurring mistake I see in almost all of these is Lighting Issues.
in pictures 2, 3 and 4 you have lots of different objects with conflicting light sources. You lack a bounce lighting. Number 4 is missing a bunch of shadows that it needs.
Lighting is one of the first things to break an illusion of a photo manipulation, but it is also one of the hardest things to master.

Lets take picture number 2 for an example. The earth like planet and moon have a light source coming from what would be right over the left shoulder of the viewer. You have another planet to the upper right from those who has a light is still to the left, so its a good start, but it is more farther to the left than the first light source. Then the third planet closer to the bottom of the page has its lighting to the extreme left. its pretty much a I would call it almost profile lighting.

The individual assets in most of these are not too bad, but almost all of them can be learned and produced in a short amount of time from just a couple of tutorials. And your end compositions are very much slapped together leaving out little details that would make them good instead of mediocre.

So keep practicing and study your lighting. Be sure to preplan a lot when making these. It makes the end result better and easier to achieve.
Good luck

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art from from me :)) 2012-12-25 23:47:46

At 12/25/12 07:08 PM, HurriKanessi wrote: stuff and words and things

This isn't the sort of thing we actually define as art here....but its very nice to look at and personally I wouldn't mind framing number 3 on my wall, I think this sort of thing would feel more at home on deviant art, they're more accepting of things like this, over here we're very specific and picky about what is allowed in the art portal, so really any form of post modernist methods you may have for making a nice image are rejected forms of art, we generally stick to a tradition , that tradition (I just wanted to say tradition because fiddler on the roof is a good film) dictates, and I quote:

"Photography is not allowed in either public or private galleries. We prefer to keep the spotlight on hand-made works. Photographs of sculptures, paintings or other hand-made items are acceptable.

You must be the owner and creator of the work you are submitting.

Note: If you chose to showcase your art in the public listing, it may not appear for a few minutes and only if you have been scouted." - Newgrounds Wiki: Art Guidelines

Response to Art from from me :)) 2012-12-26 02:07:14

At 12/25/12 11:47 PM, M-Maher wrote: stuff

Maher, that's true of the art portal, but not true of the forum. People are welcome to post photographs and digital manipulations in the forum.

That said, I tend to be dismissive of photomanipulations because they aren't hard to put together and mostly they use stock images from other artists and photographers, so much of the resulting merit can be traced to the original images.
Do you use your own stock for these, or use work in the public domain?

Response to Art from from me :)) 2012-12-26 13:27:49

Thanks for all great answers ^_^
I know there is lots of problems with lightning :S but im learning it :3
And since im in school and all that i dont have much time since i make music too :3 ( Channel on Youtube called TroizMusic )
And yeah i dont do photograph myself original pictures were taken from google picture search and just made for fun :))
But i thought it would be cool to get some anonymous feedback :D
And i actually got inspired by Blueaura art ._.

Thanks for readin! :)