00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar VST

1,621 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Guitar VST 2012-12-22 00:32:50

Hi. Does anyone know any guitar VST plugins? Preferably electric guitar plugin.

Hi! - I make music as a hobby. I also like anime and video games :3

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar VST 2012-12-22 00:35:06

Electri6ity is one of the best out there IMO... if a bit pricey, but it's one of the few that I think actually sounds half decent. But really, you'd almost always be better off just getting an actual guitarist to do parts for you, there are a lot of guitarists out there, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar VST 2012-12-22 03:34:50

At 12/22/12 12:35 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Electri6ity is one of the best out there IMO... if a bit pricey, but it's one of the few that I think actually sounds half decent. But really, you'd almost always be better off just getting an actual guitarist to do parts for you, there are a lot of guitarists out there, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone.

I personally really dislike Electri6ity for the following reason: although you can tweak it to death, it's not really 'easy' to do so if you're not a guitar player yourself, making the setup a chore instead of intuitive.

I'd personally recommend both RealLPC and Realstrat. You will need an amplifier vst for these though.

Response to Guitar VST 2012-12-22 06:39:34

Electric guitar is possibly the hardest to create virtually because of the quality of the distortion. As soon as you modify the pitch of a distorted a guitar it introduces a ton of crap and sounds awful, more so than a non-distorted instrument.
Your best bet is by far to hire/collaborate with a guitarist who has a decent recording set up. There was a thread where people where offering their services (me included, and I offered guitar if I thought the project was interesting enough for me).

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar VST 2012-12-22 07:24:50

yeah, i will probably ask my cousin. is there an acoustic guitar plugin though?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar VST 2012-12-22 12:09:03

At 12/22/12 12:32 AM, kopacetic wrote: Hi. Does anyone know any guitar VST plugins? Preferably electric guitar plugin.

Musiclab's Realstrat (for electric)
and Realguitar (acoustic) are the best sounding guitar plugins I've heard. You will need some kind of amp plugin for realstrat to sound really good though- NI guitarrig works really well :)

Response to Guitar VST 2012-12-25 08:17:32

At 12/22/12 12:09 PM, AeroMusic wrote:
At 12/22/12 12:32 AM, kopacetic wrote: Hi. Does anyone know any guitar VST plugins? Preferably electric guitar plugin.
Musiclab's Realstrat (for electric)
and Realguitar (acoustic) are the best sounding guitar plugins I've heard. You will need some kind of amp plugin for realstrat to sound really good though- NI guitarrig works really well :)

Realguitar! That was it was (if that made sense). Couldn't remember the name. Thanks!

BBS Signature