00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best web to organize a website

676 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best web to organize a website 2012-12-16 10:01:13

Alright, so I've got a website built in php, but the organization is a little shoddy. I'm try to reorganize it, but I'm not sure how.
I thought about MVC, but I don't want to only have an index page that directs users via ?this=param&that=param. I'd rather have physical pages.

My next turn was to the many systems out there, like Joomla or Drupal, but they also use MVC, Drupal being a bit looser than Joomla.

Anyway, my point is, is there a way to implement MVC without using only one page as the controller? Or should I just write my thoughts in a journal, cry about it when I'm alone, and do it this way?

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Best web to organize a website 2012-12-16 19:54:19

At 12/16/12 10:01 AM, Momo-the-Monkey wrote: I thought about MVC, but I don't want to only have an index page that directs users via ?this=param&that=param.

Yeah that wouldn't work very well.
If you want to use an MVC framework then I highly recommend Laravel. It's an excellent framework with easily understandable documentation. If you've never used an MVC framework before it will be a little confusing at first, and seem like more work than it's worth, but ultimately it is worth it.

Response to Best web to organize a website 2012-12-16 22:12:29

At 12/16/12 07:54 PM, Diki wrote: If you want to use an MVC framework then I highly recommend Laravel.

Hey thanks! I'll have to give that a swing. I want to know though, is there a better way to organize a site? If MVC is the best route, I have no problem with that, but I was curious if there were alternatives that might be better for web development, especially smaller sites or sites that don't have too much input from the user.

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Best web to organize a website 2012-12-16 23:17:31

For web development I'd say that MVC is your best choice, even for small websites that aren't complex.

Response to Best web to organize a website 2012-12-17 22:39:21

At 12/17/12 11:50 AM, citricsquid wrote: For momo, if you do decide to try out Laravel there's a really great ebook available for $10: https://leanpub.com/codehappy

Thanks for the advice. Although I have never really played around with too many frameworks before, I'm going to mess around with Laravel to see if I can't get anything working. If not I'll do what you say and start with CodeIgnitor. And is the book more helpful (or I should say, clearer) than the documentation? Although it's not The Heart of Darkness (which was awful by the way), I'm not afraid to sift through the docs.

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature