00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wanted: Team For Series

921 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-08 02:27:25

I'm a voice actor, but I'm looking for a team to create a project I can provide my talent for.

NEED:

-Writer
-Animator
-Other voice actors

This would be a cartoon series, and the outline is very loose at the moment (the writer would build on the idea once he/she takes the position). Your only guidelines are that the story must consist of the following:

-Teenagers (Lead is awkward, one rebel, one normal, and dumb, etc...)
-School
-Parents
-Conflict
-Humor (nothing too ridiculous)
-Relationships
-Job searching

It would be nice to see a "That 70s Show" style production with the main characters ranging from age 16-18.
I want this to be SUCCESSFUL, which means everybody would need to put forth their best efforts to promote this and make it a high quality series. In the case of revenue generated from the series, the crew would be paid fairly.

If you're interested, please email me at: OfficialWesA@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time!

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-08 14:11:52

Is there a written script or is it improv?

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-08 17:50:40

i can voice act

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-09 16:57:05

At 12/8/12 02:11 PM, Esotericism wrote: Is there a written script or is it improv?

Once somebody wishes to take the position of head writer, their duty will be to write the scripts of course. So to answer your question, yes the series would be scripted, but there would be at least a little freedom with the scripts. What I mean by that is basically that you don't have to say the lines exactly how they're written. If you think there could be extra words, pauses, or stutters added then you have the right to give that a try.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-09 18:24:46

NOTE

Auditions will only be held if all other crew positions are filled.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-10 10:41:57

Hey, I'm a writer, I'd like to apply for the open vacancy.

That's unbloody British that is!

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-10 19:33:57

Well, let us know when the auditions are! I'll post a link to this thread on solidStudios to try and draw in some of the other positions.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-10 20:41:00

Do you have a voice acting demo?

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-10 21:01:10

Also, people are being very skeptical about the quality if this project due to things like "no history, very few details, vague story idea."

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-13 03:07:11

At 12/10/12 08:41 PM, Animator1mike wrote: Do you have a voice acting demo?

I have a brief one from earlier this year, but it doesn't exactly display range...it's once scene from a movie:

https://soundcloud.com/officialwesa/demo-reel-2012

In november I was cast in a project called Pirates From Outer Space which will premiere on this channel in the future: http://www.youtube.com/FanScreenplay

I'm also set to voice Peter Parker for an animated Spider-Man short film that may or may not be made.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-13 03:14:46

At 12/10/12 07:33 PM, RiverK wrote: Well, let us know when the auditions are! I'll post a link to this thread on solidStudios to try and draw in some of the other positions.

Much appreciated, and will do.

Here's a few more details you can add to the post:

The lead character is what some would describe as awkward, and insecure. He's intelligent, and he has a good heart.

One of his better friends, somebody he can always count on, has a serious tone to his voice but also a good sense of humor.

Another friend is sort of weird.

And his last male friend is, well, dumb...but entertaining. He's sort of reminiscent of Stifler from American Pie.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-13 03:17:22

At 12/13/12 03:14 AM, OfficialWesA wrote:
At 12/10/12 07:33 PM, RiverK wrote: Well, let us know when the auditions are! I'll post a link to this thread on solidStudios to try and draw in some of the other positions.
Much appreciated, and will do.

Here's a few more details you can add to the post:

The lead character is what some would describe as awkward, and insecure. He's intelligent, and he has a good heart.

One of his better friends, somebody he can always count on, has a serious tone to his voice but also a good sense of humor.

Another friend is sort of weird.

And his last male friend is, well, dumb...but entertaining. He's sort of reminiscent of Stifler from American Pie.

*And I'd like to add, a girl that attends the high school they all go to will--early in the series--become a love interest to the lead character.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-13 15:31:04

At 12/8/12 02:27 AM, OfficialWesA wrote: I'm a voice actor, but I'm looking for a team to create a project I can provide my talent for.

NEED:

-Writer
-Animator
-Other voice actors

Hey, I could help with voice acting! I can do many voices, even a girl voice.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-14 02:22:58

At 12/13/12 03:31 PM, Joletole wrote:
At 12/8/12 02:27 AM, OfficialWesA wrote: I'm a voice actor, but I'm looking for a team to create a project I can provide my talent for.

NEED:

-Writer
-Animator
-Other voice actors
Hey, I could help with voice acting! I can do many voices, even a girl voice.

I'll let all interested voice actors know when auditions are being held :)

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-30 23:05:09

Hey! Sorry to bump this so late, but I thought this was interesting, and I was wondering if you had any open positions for voice acting, I have a good voice and a pretty good microphone.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-31 13:24:28

Definitely available for voice acting.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2012-12-31 21:29:42

Thanks to all of you who have shown interest in the project. Unfortunately, nobody has contacted me about writing or animating. I can't hold voice acting auditions if I have no story and nobody to make it come to life, and that is disappointing. If any of you know anybody who is a writer or animator, please let them know about his. Thanks.

Response to Wanted: Team For Series 2013-01-07 15:48:54

At 12/31/12 09:29 PM, OfficialWesA wrote: Thanks to all of you who have shown interest in the project. Unfortunately, nobody has contacted me about writing or animating. I can't hold voice acting auditions if I have no story and nobody to make it come to life, and that is disappointing. If any of you know anybody who is a writer or animator, please let them know about his. Thanks.

Well I can write stories if you want, I'm good at remembering details to things, but I'm not really that good of an animator. :/
I might (possibly) know some people who are though...